Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Just wanted to say that I also enjoyed the new chapter very much! I really like the way you write Andronikos, even if I'm very annoyed with him for getting in Arcann's way :p

And I'd say you're an excellent slow-burn romance writer ;)

Thanks! ;)

I would not want things to be too easy for Arcann, otherwise there would not be any story considering that what i have an interest in is not to put them together but how things lead to the romance. ;)

Now, it is a lot of words but I thought about the time line again and I think that only slightly more than 100 days have gone from the moment he sets foot on Odessen. Not that many in fact.

I hate to be a naysayer here, but won't it take just as long for BW to pick the winners as it would for them to just write the letters themselves?

Also, I must admit, I actually really don't want fan-made content in the game. I love Arcann's letters, but I'd rather wait another year for one than get one sooner that even feels mildly out of character. Don't get me wrong; I think many fanfiction authors are extremely talented, but I feel like no matter how good the writing is, it'll always be someone else's interpretation of Arcann rather than the real, canon Arcann as BW envisions him. And he's the only one I want letters from in game. I guess I just really want to keep original content and fanfiction as two separate spheres. However, I'd love to see the contest itself happen and the results posted in the fanfic section, I'm sure some great stuff would come out of it!

Yes, selecting winners might take some time to be honest. But it could allow them access to unexpected ideas and inspiration. And it is a nice way to be in contact with the community, make them loyal, keep them entertained. So part of their marketing program.

Now in terms of canons, I do not think that the community (not only fan fiction writers) is not capable of sticking to the characters' original canons, especially on a letter. A full story needs much more interpretation than a letter does. And if the selection is done by those who made the canon, then they have total control on what gets into the game. This being said, we already know that the writer who created Arcann's romance is not with BW anymore, all new content is therefore made by someone else, if it was not already team work in the beginning. Several people working on the same story already means different interpretations inherently.

Now, not all ideas are good but sometimes it can trigger other related ideas. At least they could potentially have the "please more letters" subject in the radar. :p

Edited by Iheaca

Hello all :)

Wanna wish you guys & girls a Merry Christmas ! :D

So..whats new in the Arcann world ? :p anything worth coming back for lol ? :p

Merry Christmas for you and others Mili!

As to your question, no new content on Arcann, though it is worth to play through the Jedi Under Siege for nice new story and a breathtaking scenery at Ossus. :)

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year.

My referral sub is ending again. I was too busy grinding in the game to post anything here. I really hate that forums are subscriber only. This is the only place where my Arcann-loving people hangout :(

I was a bit disappointed by the lack of Arcann content in 5.10 but I think it was shared across the fandom how little scenes they get with their chosen love interest.

However, I imagine Arcann was there all along with you on Ossus.

Mara watched the last of Republic dreadnoughts disappeared from the Odessen's sky. It was sad that she had grown used to their presence that she mourned their absence.

She had dreaded this day since the founding of the Alliance. Of having to choose her final allegiance at the cost of others. She always knew the fragile peace she had created would never last. But it was one thing to imagine it. Another to watch it happen and live through it.

Would she greet more familiar faces in battlefield?

Her mind began to flash with multiple faces of death. Vaylin's murderous glare. Valkorion's smirk. Vette's broken neck. Jaesa's desperation. Soon all of their faces began to merge into a gaping void of darkness.

Lana hovered at the edge of her vision.

"Commander, some reading materials for your journey." Lana handed her a tablet. A single glance showed an up-to-date intelligence about the current state of Sith Empire, Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order.

She thought that choosing the empire would have improved the woman's disposition. Despite the Sith's best attempt to construct an inpenetrable shell around her mind, darkness and tension seep through her almost like a distinctive perfume.

Tiredness began to settle in her bones. Has she grown used to accept the inevitable that treachery and deceit will be in every corner?

Mara caught a glimpse of Theron Shan and a Zakuulan knight at the foot of the shuttle. The later nodded at her direction before climbing up the ramp.

Lana frowned at Theron. The wariness in her gaze never seem the shed after Umbara. It was obvious that Theron's stint had open up her true vulnerability. Whether the idiot realize it or not.

Mara nodded to Theron's direction. "Still giving him the cold treatment? It's weeks already."

"I will pretend to not hear any of that."

Lana brace herself as Theron approached them. He looked recovered from his brief betrayal stint. His hair went back to the usual sleek fashion. Unfortunately for him, the entire base saw his traitor look and never yet stop teasing him about it.

"The ship have been fueled and ready. We wiped the transponders and installed a stealth device. Enough to enter Ossus without detection."

"Are you sure that would work? Wouldn't want our commander get a surprise visit by your old friends." Lana said sarcastically.

Theron flinched but Lana ignored him with smooth expertise. Mara handed the tablet back to Lana. She had transferred all of its content to her personal device.

"I expect both of you to be civil with each other in my absence. At least, don't start a war without me."

"I will be monitoring the back channel just in case you need help. May the Force serve you well, Commander." Lana bowed and took her leave.

Theron watched after her in silence and heaved a long sigh that was almost comical but mostly pathetic. He wiped a hand across his face. There were growing shadows under his eyes.

"That woman will be the death of me."

"What did you expect? Have you done everything I told you to do?"

"A long public and private apology. Expensive gifts. Except for Alliance matters, she just won't talk to me."

"She took your 'betrayal' personally. She was angry and conflicted since I choose to save your arse against her better judgement. She need space and you will give her time to process it, Be nice to her, son of Jedi."

"Son of what?" Theron raised an eyebrow. "Hey, I'm always nice."

Mara chuckled. Before she could think better about it, she hugged him. Theron froze and then after a brief moment, he began to relax and hug her back.

"You've been a good friend to me, Theron."

"I wished I've been a better one."

"I didn't say you were flawless. But I am willing to overlook certain things. Even if some of it was moronic from the start."

Theron chuckled and hug her tighter. They stayed that way for a moment before she step back.

"I know I messed up. I should have done the whole Zildrog thing differently. The fleet. My dad..."

"Theron, no..."

"I screwed up. I know that. It was on me. I thought I could do it alone. I should have trusted both of you."He looked slightly more weathered and his eyes haunted. "Some of us with Repubic background might resent you. For those of us that stayed, we know who you are and what this Alliance are for. We know it was a hard choice either way. I was there when we pushed you to accept Acina's offer. And after Iokath and whatever might happen on Ossus. We won't hold it against you for staying loyal to your people."

"You are also my people, Theron."

"I know. We all know. We belong to you. We know you have to make hard choices and sacrifices that many of us unwilling to. You protect us for this long and sometimes we didn't agree with you all the time. But we know you always try to do what is best for us. You showed us that not all Sith are bad or just plain evil. You gave us enough space to decide for ourselves. To taste even the slightest hope that maybe there will be another way. You showed us that it was possible. I know it might seem nothing. But it meant everything for us. You meant everything for us. Whatever might come, we will see it through."

---

An audiolog monotonously recite the intelligence report that she had initially skimmed through. It was a short report but her head spun from memorizing chunks of it. Neither the Alliance nor the Sith Empire had significant amount of Jedi history. There was little about Ossus nor about the status of the Jedi in exile after the war. As Alliance commander, she had taken great length to preserve everyone's rights, privilege and free will to ensure equal standing and cooperation. Unless the information was freely given, she have no rights to compel the Jedi under her command to spill about their former allegiance. But this time she will be going in blind.

Mara studied the navigation display. The ship was currently orbiting around Odessen. The planet gleamed against the sun in shades of azure and turquoise. Wild and untamed. Hers to protect.

It was strange that merely weeks ago, she had discovered the conspiracy to unearth the machine god Zildrog from Nathema. A renegade Zakuulan knight along with his accomplices to strike a blow to the Alliance. Turns out Gravestone was an inactive form of Zildrog and she had stopped it from turning Odessen into chunks of rock and dust. She shuddered at the remembrance of narrowly preventing a planetary-wide genocide. Her heart clenched at the thought of the lives lost from the fleet destruction. The terror of everything she hold dear being wiped out. Too many lives dependent on her now.

Mara felt the ship's engine began to brace itself. The world outside began to warp itself and pulled around them. Stars streak against the monitor and the ship flung into hyperspace.

A small migraine began to form under her skull. Stabbing her from inside out. Despite her constant galactic trips across planets and different sectors, her body never quite get used to stress of intergalactic travel. It was moments like this she could use more open space than this rusted claustrophobic tin can. Meditation would have sound so good.

The door slid open to reveal a heavily-armored knight. Mara watched as he navigate the door that seemed too small for his frame. She required at least one unassuming companion that would never get shot at the first sight by the imperial soldiers she would meet on Ossus. Among many to choose from, there was only one that fit the bill as her backup. Suddenly, the cabin felt too crowded for two.

There was a smooth confidence in his gait that drew her eyes like a moth to the flame. Even under the disguise of an unassuming knight with his presence was cloaked tightly that even she would have a hard time sensing his true nature. His oversized helmet narrowed his vision that he accidentally bumped against the shelvings. He let out colourful curses that came out distorted. He lay down a long lightsaber-pike against the bags on the floor. He stood in front of the bed and began to undress.

Her breath hitched as he began to unlatch the couplings that held his silver armor together. Underneath the heavy armor, he wore a sleeveless tunic that molded against his wide back. Hard muscle corded with power and brute strength. He was build like he could physically throw a house from its foundation. Then again, with the massive power reserve that he have, he could upend an entire skyscrapper with the Force.

Fractals of scars covered half of his body that told stories of the pain he endured. She knew he was unbothered by the scars but sometimes he would look into his own reflection with such sorrow that pierced through her heart. It was not himself that he was seeing. He had an identical twin that shared his face. Thexan, the first-born son of Valkorion and Senya. The brother he had struck down in rage and despair. It was a tragedy that repeat itself. Thrice.

The sight of him always send delicious thrill through her body. His hair had grown longer than the usual militaristic buzz cut that he usually sport. Golden blonde highlights layered with dark brown. Enough for her to run her fingers through them. Enough to hide some of his scars that traveled across his forehead. They gave him a slight brooding boyish look that soften his features.

It has been a year since the day she assumed the seat of the Eternal Empire. However, she was comfortable with the title Commander that calling herself as an Empress felt redundant. Now with the destruction of the Eternal Fleet, she fall back to where she was. Yet, she had prepared the Alliance to withstand sudden changes and flexibility. This was a hard time to show the fractures within inside. Theron's debacle doesn't detract that people were waiting for the Alliance to fall apart. That was inevitable but she would fight for them to the bitter end.

Of course, so many things had change. In the small peace she had created out of ashes of the last war, left certain vacuum in the Zakuulan Knight's hierarchy. Despite him abdicating from his past, his people remembered the good that he did even if they were ruthless. He had bled for them and sacrificed many times through his lives that he earned his people's loyalty regardless. The knights needed purpose to serve. Valkorion had trained the far too well that they would become weakened without a solid support to lean on. He had been overseeing the influx of Zakulaan knights into the Alliance, he was involved in their training and their structure. He was not officially their leader but his people understand his desire for atonement.

Between their busy scheduling and planet hopping, she found herself waiting days and occasionally night for any slice of time they could spend together. They both knew that the time they shared would not last. Each The galaxy was too unkind to leave either of them alone.

Unfortunately when he sat next to her, the entire bed groaned from his weight. She covered her mouth with her hands. He paused and tested it again with his weight and the entire bed creaked in response. Tears stream down her cheek and she burst into laughter.

"I'm going to kill Theron with this rusted claustrophobic tin can."

Mara laughed again. "Arcann, you wanted me to keep him alive. You can't change your mind just because he gave us a ship with a bed that creaks."

Arcann gave her a sideway glance. His smile lit up his entire face and she couldn't help but smile back. His glacial sky-blue eyes had became molten with heat. He reached over for her and kiss her deeply until she was left breathless and hungry for more. Her hand reached up to stroke his heavily scarred cheek. He turned to kiss her wrist gently. Her heart skipped a beat. It was strange that his touch made her feel so whole.

Darkness within slithered out from its coil. As if sensing her moment of vulnerability. Like a drop of blood in a sea filled with monsters. Never satisfied. Always threatening the edge of her sanity. The hole in her mind yawned, revealing the memories and secrets she kept unlock inside her mind.

"What is it?"

His voice brought her out to the present. Arcann's forehead were furrowed with worry and he was watching her too closely. She realized that he caught the dread and uncertainty inside her. It was times like this that his sensitivity that he caught her off guard. There was nowhere to hide. He would know any deceit, uncertain minute gestures. It was part of the parcel of being with another force user that was attuned to each other. She opened her mouth and struggled to find the right words.

Calmness seep through her. Surrounding her with warmth and love. Untangling the anxiety that gripped her with gentleness and care. He was showering her with safety and comfort in more ways than words could do. Through the Force Bond that was forged between them took root since the moment she saw him. Tears burned against her cheeks. Threatening to spill over the edge of her vision.

"Thank you," she breathed and felt the world spun upright again. "You know, if we could bottle that up and we get rich and afford another fleet."

"If I did then you have to share me with everyone."

Jealousy flared in her. Mine!

Arcann grinned.

"You're so full of yourself today."

"Don't deflect. Out with it," he said.

This is what she get for loving a former tyrant. "You imposed a five years standoff between between the Sith Empire and the Republic. It was inevitable that all this will happen. But am I doing the right thing? Did I choose the right side? Will the Alliance survive this? Sometimes I feel like I'm going through the motions and just expecting to live through another day and suddenly a wave hit back ten times before I am done with the last aftermath."

Arcann studied her for a moment. "We all know you will have to choose a side. Isn't that what you've been preparing all of us for? Nobody is blaming you for going home to be with your people."

"You're my home, Arcann. The Alliance. Everyone. I can't be the person who I was before. Acina would use everything to reel me into her web of deceit and manipulation. But I have too much to lose now."

"You already knew that the peace we made wouldn't last. We are always on borrowed time. But what matters was the choice that we made. We all have to live through what come regardless. Try to fight for ourselves and for the future. Has any of that change?"

She barely remembered any of that. Is that what she have been doing from an outsider's perspective?

"No," Mara grimaced.

"The alliance isn't just about us. It will always be bigger than any of us. You help set the spark of hope and rebellion into many people across the galaxy. You defied my father. You defied me. Yet, you help my mother save me from my wrath and misery. I was destined for different path. You showed to the galaxy that there was always hope and mercy even for those who was drowning in darkness and hate. You inspired hope for those who was lost. We all been there. You're never alone in this. Look at the talented people you brought together. We know the sacrifices that you made and we are ready to stand by your side. I know the length you have gone in the face of great evil."

"Anyone can be the Outlander. They can take the mantle and do exact things that I did."

"That maybe so. But they are not you."

Smug bastard. Mara punch his biceps but instantly regret it when it was her knuckles that hurt more. Arcann kissed the back of her hand and pinned it next to her head.

"Now that is not the way to treat your lord and master."

Mara gasped indignantly. She tried to punch him with her free arm which he caught easily. He stretched her arms over her head. Restraining her with ease. Undeterred she wrapped her legs around his hip. She bit her lips against his hardness. Using her weight she twisted and threw him sideways. The bed creaked loudly that it began to bend at an angle. She freed herself and smirk down at him.

"Who's my master now?"

-----

I might re-edit again later. I'm too sleepy to proof through. Words just exploded. Also, my Wrath is always the top for some reason.

The greatest Letter comes on Ossus it just so pure and honest.

There is a letter from Arcann on Ossus?? The last one I got from him is called "I needed to say this" (after Nathema). Is it the one that you are talking about?

Lol, how did you manage to have both?

I think you need to have picked LS Jaesa on Nal Hutta ... then when you finish Ossus you'll have the alliance alert for both :) Though I could have sworn I picked Dark Side. :confused:

Make sure you don't kill the Jedi on Ossus though otherwise LS Jaesa won't romance you.

Edited by Paulsutherland

Hey Dusk ;) What's up?

:o:D My shame for inattentive thread attendance XD I've said before if I'm active in game I tend to be really inactive in forum ^^'

Which is a shame because I really do like it here (Who'd have thought that I would actually like some or the social/multiplayer aspects of TOR - My inner single-player is curiously silent on the subject).

Have something like 13 pages to catch up on though ^^' Still nice to see familiar faces :) (unfamiliar faces too, just less of a surprise factor there- cannot expect, and so be surprised by what I don't know. mores the Pity.)

Had a pause this morning (in the ever gripping drive to actually achieve something -blinks-Edit: Clarification - Despite the intent focus on SWTOR I have yet to complete the game twice ¬_¬ ), So wanted to poke my head in here, after all it's been a while since I've annoyed you all :rak_03:.

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

I kind of want to comment here just because it was nice seeing this thread bumped up, but I actually have nothing of value to say. :D

Edit: Clarification - Despite the intent focus on SWTOR I have yet to complete the game twice ¬_¬ ),

Uhhh we gotta fix that someday soon :rak_03:

Had a pause this morning (in the ever gripping drive to actually achieve something -blinks-Edit: Clarification - Despite the intent focus on SWTOR I have yet to complete the game twice ¬_¬ ), So wanted to poke my head in here, after all it's been a while since I've annoyed you all :rak_03:.

I have not yet made it through KOTET and the following chapters with any other character than Nyx either, but I can soon proudly say that I finished every class story. :p

I have been concentrating on attempting Master Mode Flashpoints with another friend and our two Arcanns :D. We love it so much when they bravely die for us. :p Decorating my Nar Shaddaa stronghold has been my other activity lately. It is starting to look nice. :cool:

I have not yet made it through KOTET and the following chapters with any other character than Nyx either, but I can soon proudly say that I finished every class story. :p

I have been concentrating on attempting Master Mode Flashpoints with another friend and our two Arcanns :D. We love it so much when they bravely die for us. :p Decorating my Nar Shaddaa stronghold has been my other activity lately. It is starting to look nice. :cool:

I'va finished KOTFEET with every class except smuggler and JC ^^

I laughed more than i should have, poor Arcanns :D

As for me i'm trying to get the resilient warden armor set for my SW romancing Arcann to HC that this armor was Arcann's gift for her :p

But that thing is damn expensive on the GTN and i don't have enough CC to buy it on the CM :(