People with High Ping...

sartt

Should get 50% reduced damage shields and speed. Just saying.

Should they also do 50% extra damage then?

Edit: Oops apparently I read that too fast, I'm guessing you meant they should do 50% less damage, have 50% less shields and have 50% less speed. I didn't notice the damage part before sorry. Maybe you don't realize how much harder it is for the person laging to do damage in the first place.

I've had terrible pings before on GSF, often while my wife is downloading something without telling me. :p

It's no picnic on the other side. That bouncing that you see a laging person do, that happens to all other players in the game while you're trying to shoot.

Most of the time I just move on to another target when I see someone bouncing like that, because I just feel bad for them having to play that way.

Edited by Drakkolich

Hey... I am back :) Friend sponsored me a month of sub :p Will again discuss why the battlescouts are so OP that people don't want to use them, preferring ballanced gunships. Are you happy? ...

And now back to the topic...

High but stable ping is not much of a problem, the problem is a little lousy game engine. For instance, when I am circling the sat with T3 scout, Tensor active - locking an EMP missile. Bomber is flying nearly smoothly, with small 'jumps', that still keep it within targetting circle - and yet the lock breaks for no reason...

*if* someone would be fixing the GSF (it isn't much likely...) then a much better idea would be to fix the lock mechanics...

PS. Sometimes it is even more serious...

Hey... I am back :) Friend sponsored me a month of sub :p Will again discuss why the battlescouts are so OP that people don't want to use them, preferring ballanced gunships. Are you happy? ...

And now back to the topic...

High but stable ping is not much of a problem, the problem is a little lousy game engine. For instance, when I am circling the sat with T3 scout, Tensor active - locking an EMP missile. Bomber is flying nearly smoothly, with small 'jumps', that still keep it within targetting circle - and yet the lock breaks for no reason...

*if* someone would be fixing the GSF (it isn't much likely...) then a much better idea would be to fix the lock mechanics...

PS. Sometimes it is even more serious...

Your friend wasted his money. No one reading these forums has the power to change any code, so you're wasting your breath, regardless of who agrees or disagrees with your opinion.