Keith almost said it.

GuardianElite

Let's wait to see what 2018 brings before we assume EA is throwing money at this game in particular because server hardware is a very fungible asset in gaming.

Well you seem to think that I assume EA is throwing money at this game. That is an assumption on your part because I never stated that. Just because I see an indication of investment into the game in no way says they're throwing money at it. That's just you reacting to what you think I said, instead of to what I actually said.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed! PvP map, GSF map, GSF balance pass, FP...and the cherry on top is that this is a 3-4 month roadmap...everything we're looking forward to is happening SOON™...this isn't a 12 month plan, this is all happening relatively soon.

Oh come on TUX.

How often have Bioware Over-Promised and Under-Delivered?

Pretty much every release in the last 2.5 years.

Do you honestly, deep down honestly, expect this to be any different?

All The Best

Let me begin by thanking the team for an awesome stream the other day. While the information was most likely not all we wanted to hear or lacked some of the substance we were looking for, it's clear that the guys (and gals) are doing what they can with what they have.

I also wanted to thank Charles and Eric for answering more than four of my questions. That's unprecedented given that several of them were borderline 'trolling'. Still, they were in good humor and good spirits and that says a lot given what is going on in the forums and behind the scenes.

The fact that Keith is my age BLEW ME AWAY. And thank you Keith for making an appearance, I really wish I could make the journey to actually see you guys in NY, but knowing you all, it will be fun in EVERY case. Since I sent you a Zeltron by PM, I wont send you another in thanks; I certainly hope you are using her or at least showing her off....LOL

I love that Keith answered the question about how how many CXP level 300 toons he had with (and I am paraphrasing b/c I haven't watched the stream again):

"...I have 9 going on 10 level 300 characters...so I don't want to hear any 'thing' about it being too hard..."

He almost said it. LOL. I saw the pause when he looked at the camera, I am almost imagining someone off camera cringing as Keith almost said "...I don't wan't to hear any S*** about it being hard..."

Good to know that Keith is human, he plays the game and YES ladies and gentlemen he is one of us.

It is impressive.

But if you read his previous posts about the bugged daily CXP, he did a large chunk with the bug in place.

4 never using it... that is impressive, imo.

"...I have 9 going on 10 level 300 characters...so I don't want to hear any 'thing' about it being too hard..."

He almost said it. LOL. I saw the pause when he looked at the camera, I am almost imagining someone off camera cringing as Keith almost said "...I don't wan't to hear any S*** about it being hard..."

Devs never get bonuses to things that help them level up.....ahem.

But really, we know getting to 300 takes WAY WAY WAY too long, but its meaningless because all that matters is how long it takes to get full BiS. If he had said he had 10 full BiS characters that would be something considering that would take 50 guys 100 billion years to do.....;-)

All 300 means, is all that hard work gets you is, the chance to finally START gearing up.

I would love to know just what the upgraded servers are for.

Is it for Athem? Will it be requiring better servers so get them now so that when it takes off it can use them.

Do the devs expect the number of players on each server to skyrocket, if so, where are these players coming from? Most servers are light all the time so adding a handful of players from dead servers to nearly dead servers is unlike to even stress the servers they currently have. Its not like all the servers are full and by combining them they would be 3 times over full and need the extra capacity. It seems unlikely they will even hit the loads of when Kotfe and the DvL events went live and the servers seemed to cope.

Is it to cope with an upgrade of software so that those with high end machines (or basically anyone not running on a budge 10 year old PC) can have better graphics, more interesting worlds and where NPC's can do more than stand around but actually live their lives to make it feel like a massive worlds?

Or is it just meaningless words that don't have any relevance to anything, except to give people a rallying cry 'they are investing in hardware, what it means nobody knows but they are investing in it! How much we don't know but they mentioned it so it must be mega bucks'. Even though we don't know if the investment is just to stop stripping the copper wiring to sell to china and replace it.

It seems that if you say 'Most people would prefer solo content based on the dev comment Kotfe was the most successful expansion' its considered you don't know anything. You don't know what criteria that was on and you don't actually know how successful it was. But if you say 'They are investing in new hardware' its okay to assume that this is a massive investment and that means the game is getting lots of new content and its going really well. Even though last year at this time we were getting 9 new chapters, uprisings, 5 new levels etc. This year we are getting 1 op boss, 1 flashpoint and 2 PvP maps and a server merge. Its hard to say things weren't looking better last year than this.

Well you seem to think that I assume EA is throwing money at this game. That is an assumption on your part because I never stated that. Just because I see an indication of investment into the game in no way says they're throwing money at it. That's just you reacting to what you think I said, instead of to what I actually said.

I apologize, and no, that was me reacting to lots of other people saying that over the last few days and somewhat taking it out on you. I'm sorry I wasn't more explicit in that regards, I didn't think about it until on the way home this afternoon.

I apologize, and no, that was me reacting to lots of other people saying that over the last few days and somewhat taking it out on you. I'm sorry I wasn't more explicit in that regards, I didn't think about it until on the way home this afternoon.

No worries. We all have our moments. I've been here too long to be fully excited, but when there are positives I do like to acknowledge them.

I am happy with what's happening on short notice. When they start talking about the next expansion, we'll be able to see what's what a bit more. It'll be a defining moment for the game I think and I have no idea what BW is going to do with that moment.

The fact that Keith is my age BLEW ME AWAY. And thank you Keith for making an appearance . . . .

Good to know that Keith is human, he plays the game and YES ladies and gentlemen he is one of us.

Wow yep, and the whole time I thought I was the oldest geezer playing the game . . . :eek::cool:

But knowing this, it's actually raises the bar for what's doable, there's nothing like a senior citizen telling the Man to go f:cool::Dk th:)m s:rolleyes:lv:os . . .

Edited by t-darko

No worries. We all have our moments. I've been here too long to be fully excited, but when there are positives I do like to acknowledge them.

I am happy with what's happening on short notice. When they start talking about the next expansion, we'll be able to see what's what a bit more. It'll be a defining moment for the game I think and I have no idea what BW is going to do with that moment.

I agree, quiet optimism is more the order of the day. I am happy with the direction they are starting to take but the server hardware stuff I really don't take as good news. EA is not known for being a nice overlord and just having spent more money on new hardware might set some level of expectation that it could fail to meet. That's the only part that concerns me, the current development direction might not actually have a chance to come to fruition due to outside pressure.