2nd Boss in Mandalorian Raiders - Can't CC, Intentional?

I tanked this yesterday 26 tank 2 dps at 26 and a healer at 22 Mind you were experienced raiders. We managed it but was really messy

We killed the jumping jedi last, this is really a BAD idea he was al over the place.

But all-in-all wish all bosses had this degree of difficulty.

Edited by phfct

This boss is MUCH MUCH tougher than the other bosses and should probably be brought in line with the other instances. It was clearly overly buffed from beta.

Dude they should bring all other bosses up to this leveling. Maybe you will learn something .

Pretty much what the topic says. CC doesn't work on these guys at all.

Is that intended? I can see maybe on Hard mode but on normal it really becomes trial and error and a lot of luck to get past this encounter. Ran it twice and both runs had multiple wipes on this boss.

We did this with 2 level 27s (Sorc, Jug), a level 25 (Marauder) and a level 21 Mercenary Healer.... It was pretty rough... we wiped once...

here's what we did and it worked 'fairly' well...

Tank took both DPS characters (The gunner and the dual wielder), the maurader in our group took the other 2 mobs. we kept damage pretty even on all 4 throughout because each one you kill makes the others stronger so try to 'kill them' all at once.

the dual wielder chick kept kiting over to our sith sorc so the tank had to keep leaping over there and taunting. That mob bounces aggro all over... the trick is just using stuns, knock backs etc on her and then taunt her (which keeps her aggro for about 10 seconds). The gunner (dps mob) shoots at the tank as he chases the dual wielder but he stays positions for AE's.

I hope this helps you succeed in the future.

Edited by parnell

When completing this flashpoint yesterday we went in with an admittedly sub-optimal group comp (my Guardian, 2 Seers and a Scoundrel) on the lower edge of the level range (22-26) and wiped several times on this fight before completing it.

Our initial strategy (which failed) was to burn them each down, but the damage buff that provided taxed our healing (all 3 of them) either proving unsustainable or unable to cope (OOM) with the increased damage output (tank death).

They all have aggro tables (except maybe the sith warrior but he's tauntable) and so I simply tanked all 4 in the center of the room with the occasional force-jump+ Taunt to pickup the warrior. We then DPSed them all to 5% and then killed them in rapid succession.

Definitely the most difficult boss fight I've encountered thus far (though the un-tankable first boss in MR was just freaking frustrating -- I ended spending most of that fight in Shien Form).

The bugged out chest after wiping 4 times was not cool though. Guess I'll have to run it again.

My group just gave up on it there after 4-5 attempts. Had sniper / assassin tps, juggernaut tank, and op healer. We couldn't do it at all level 25-27

we actually got really lucky and somehow bugged one of our attempts so when we lost it only reset to just the 2 troopers (we killed the jedi before)... then right as we attacked our healer lost connection so we lost our best chance and said **** it.

This fight is just too hard atm for the recommended levels, I might try it again at like... 40. Just to kick its dead body when im done.

As a sniper none of my stuns or knockbacks worked on any of the mobs i tried them on. Was pretty annoying. I think part of our difficulty was our tank only had a single target taunt and not aoe but who knows, might be easier with other group setups.

Edited by Lunarhawk

The 1st and 2nd boss are both pretty rough.

The 1st boss is a pain in the *** because everything keeps dropping aggro every 5 seconds. It's unbelievably so much easier with two Tanks. I tank on my Vanguard, but wasn't in the mood and I had a Shadow tank it and I helped him out by taunting the adds off the healer.

The boarding party sucks unless your Tank outgears the encounter. The 1st time I did it we wiped 4 times when I was 25 and I had about 5k hp. 2 lvls later I had 6.8k hp (got a chest off a world boss + other upgrades) and it was much easier. When I had the shadow guy tank it I kept taunting off adds when his HP got low and blew a cooldown.

Basically 2 tanks = breezed through with no wipes.The very last boss is a joke.

I would say this instance is a bit overtuned, but its not impossible. You just need a good healer + tank. 2 tanks just makes it much easier.

Edited by ComeAndSee

The problem for this fight is DPS. There is a ton of damage being put out by all members of the boarding party, and if your DPS can't kill the inquisitor and warrior first, then you're going to spend all day wiping on it. There is only so much sustain that healers can do on this fight, especially when the warrior makes your life tough. That being said, I've run this instance 7 times (whee full trooper set, including that awesome looking repeater), twice with PUGs and five times with the guild. The biggest difference I see is DPS, if your DPS doesn't blow, then this fight is easymode.

Kill inquisitor, warrior, then get BH/IA low and kill them at the same time. This is a no fail strategy if your DPS is high enough. My guild group comp was a 23 sentinel, 27 JK, a 27 CM trooper, and a 24 DPS sage. In addition, this fight was a PITA on my trooper. I don't know why, but keeping people positive was not the easiest chore in the world with the random interrupts every few seconds (I was extremely unlucky some fights).

Make sure your group knows *** they're doing and if you continually wipe due to resource tapping as a healer, either look for more efficient healing or figure out how to improve your DPS!

Went in there as a lvl 23 healer and a party of 27, 26, 26.

Owned the entire instance. We did have a kill order for the adds though -- with the random aggro dumping melee dps first :-D. After that, dmg was minimal as long as people helped to manage their own health and focus fire accordingly. I've seen it done with bringing all of them low then killing --- and 1 FF kill at a time.

cleared this flashpoint a few times, But if you leave the trooper last he has this aoe grenades that do massive damage,

so my group went for the 2 jedi, trooper then smuggler, Works everytime:D:D

big ups to bioware and their intense flashpoints loving it

I've only done this fight once and only in a two man group (25 IA sniper and 25 BH marauder) but when we did down it after the first wipe we end starting with the consular followed by the knight then the smuggler and finishing off the trooper last.

As far as the actual fight the BH tanked the knight while my companion tanked the rest. Also one thing that made the fight a lot easier was after my companion died with the smuggler and trooper still alive the BH ended up kiting the other two around the crates on the left which gave us enough time to to regain my energy and vent his heat.

Farabee:

When we did that boss we actually had a lot of trouble with them. After 2-3 wipes we decided that I would off-tank the two ranged and simply run circles around the big cargo bin to the right. They did minimal dps to me and with my ranged force abilities I had no problem holding threat. That really made it quite a bit easier because the group finished off the other two and then we just killed the remaining two.

You don't need a tank to do it, anybody who can throw out dps on them can los kite them over and over again around the bin.

People are LoSing to deal with this fight? The damage is so minor until they start being killed off. I healed this as a Commando (Mercenary for empire) and I ended up tanking the Agent, and our smuggler took quite a few shots from the Bounty Hunter. As long as I clipped the smuggler, and myself with my AoE heal every cooldown we just shrugged it off till the Marauder went down, at which point the tank was able to pick them all up, and we zerged it down. Our tank was DPS specced as well.

Do other healers not have an AoE so early or something? Do you not have a HoT or something to suppliment?

It was a hard fight. We wiped twice. The last time I barely managed to heal everyone.

We killed the warr last and then realized that should've killed him sooner but still managed to scrape by.

P.S. I like the way BW creates multiple enemy boss fights. It feels more epic.

Interesting how this fight leads to so many completely different experiences. Let me add mine.

We went in there yesterday. 27 sage healer (me), 27 shadow dps, 24 jedi tank, 23 trooper dps.

No deal, wiped twice without getting more than one of them down, then the shadow lost connection and was 651 in the queue.

I have no idea how the damage those 4 deal can be considered minimal, because I was forced to heal and shield (force armor) nearly constantly to keep my guys standing.

In the end, it was most likely lack of dps that killed us. Healing was tough but doable, however they simply did not go down fast enough.

Ok, sure, it being our first try, some things can be improved the next time around (positioning primarily, so that the warrior does not jump around like crazy), but the ease with which some say to have done this - in their low 20s even, on their first run, no wipes - boggles my mind.

It's as if we are talking about completely different fights. In comparison, the first boss fight was a bit hectic but no big deal.

Its good to talk tactics on bosses thats hard but i already see people complaining that its to hard. This really pisses me off. Seriously guys get your head outta youre asses and see what the boss does and adapt.:mad: Finally a boss that isnt a cakewalk!!!!!

Let the tank put the JEDI on FOCUS. So he is Easely Taunted!

I for one Cant wait to try this one on heroic !!

Edited by phfct

I was tanking this with my Jedi Guardian and it wasnt that hard. The ranged IA and BH were easilly kept on my by just doing force wave everytime it was off cd (they clearly keep their focus on the initial aggroer easily).

Should be noted that killing the last 2 at the same time helps a lot becouse when there is only 1 of the bossses standing they get their ultimate ability that can hurt a lot.

Also you should not forget how important dps is. There is only 2 dps and the tank that do damage and in this fight where you need to burn enemise down fast. If you have underleveled (below 24) or badly geared / dont know how to dps people then it will be a hard fight.

In this game dps cant just faceroll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Efertin

2 manned the boss multiple times, zero wipes. Just saying.

Not unless you insanely outleveled it or found an exploit....just saying.

Not true, I myself did it with my brother last night. 2 bountyhunters (1 tank, 1 merc), both level 25. Not to beat my own chest or anything, but saying something is impossible while it's clearly doable is ridiculous.

I dare say it might even be easier with 2. We both have healing companions while I can offheal as a dps merc. That's quite alot of healing combined for a fight that didn't seem like it really had an enrage timer or anything. We could slowly burn them down while remaining in control the entire fight.

We did wipe the first time, having no idea what the bosses did and such. The jedi's bump and aggro switches threw us off. But once we figured it out, it was no problem.

I can see doing this with 4 people and only 1 dedicated healer could be a problem. If the group is underpowered/underlevelled dps should help out with healing.

OT: I must say it was quite surprising not to be able to CC. Before we went in the fight, we clearly had an idea that was the intent of the fight. Having said that, we also expected the 4-boss-team to work more like an actual party (1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps). That wasn't true either. So I can see how adding CC to this fight would make it too easy.

Not true, I myself did it with my brother last night. 2 bountyhunters (1 tank, 1 merc), both level 25. Not to beat my own chest or anything, but saying something is impossible while it's clearly doable is ridiculous.

I dare say it might even be easier with 2. We both have healing companions while I can offheal as a dps merc. That's quite alot of healing combined for a fight that didn't seem like it really had an enrage timer or anything. We could slowly burn them down while remaining in control the entire fight.

We did wipe the first time, having no idea what the bosses did and such. The jedi's bump and aggro switches threw us off. But once we figured it out, it was no problem.

I can see doing this with 4 people and only 1 dedicated healer could be a problem. If the group is underpowered/underlevelled dps should help out with healing.

OT: I must say it was quite surprising not to be able to CC. Before we went in the fight, we clearly had an idea that was the intent of the fight. Having said that, we also expected the 4-boss-team to work more like an actual party (1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps). That wasn't true either. So I can see how adding CC to this fight would make it too easy.

It *is* easier with two NPC Healers.

Why? Because they never run out of their "energy".

The problem with this fight is that Sorc's (and other healers) dont have enough talent points yet to get their higher regen abilities. (Either via damage which provides more force, or triggers off of existing skills which reduce force cost healing, etc etc)

One common trend you'll see in the thread is that the Healers are simply running out of mana. ;)

Its not really a DPS race, its more a "slow and steady" race, in which its better to have a two tank setup + healer and off healer/dps, or just NPC healers ;P

I wouldn't say it's a lot harder than the other two bosses in the instance, it just less straightforward and requires tactics.

We did it twice yesterday, first with a 24 jugg (tank) 28 assa 27 merc and 21 sorc (heal), then the sorc left and we got a 26 merc healer. What worked for us was me (assa) going in with tanking charge, quickly burning the consular down, after which the jugg taunted one of the ranged guys (trooper) and then kited him around the big container in the left part of the room. Meanwhile me and the merc burned down the sentinel and smuggler, leaving the trooper to be killed last. Both his abilities are interruptible or avoidable so he's quite easy. We had a couple of wipes when leaving the smuggler alive due to his extremely powerful sweep ability.

That being said, the fight feels extremely satisfying once they go down, people just need to start thinking out of the box other mmos have put them in, i.e. in WoW none of this line of sight kiting the ranged and a dps offtanking would have worked.

Another viable tactic is to actually burn all of them to low hp (10% or something) then kill all of them at once. The damage they deal before enraging is much lower than most gold+ enemies.

Edited by Iluf

We do it with 23 lvl jugg, 21 sniper, 22 sorc on heal and 25 sorc on dps wasnt so hard... We kill one than all 3 we bit to 5% and sniper with sorc charge bum... they died and game bugged couse we cant loot the chest so my advice kill them one by one...

The encounter is working fine. If you go in this flashpoint below level 25 and get owned well........

Its meant for level 25. If you enter this flashpoint with everyone level 25+ its a freaking joke.

If you enter this flashpoint with everyone level 24 and below you will get rocked.

Also if your healer is low level as well as your group the solution is just 2healing. We had a level 21 healer and everyone was else was level 22-23. All we did was make the bounty hunter(dps) spam heals with the healer on the tank. Burned down the Jedi Knight and then GG, just finish off the rest easy enough.

Also yes the chest bugs out but you can just bring the last of the four mobs "NEAR" the chest kill him an you will always get loot.

Edited by Furyofwar