Just got my first 70! - Questions...

Joonbeams

New roadmap announcements, coupled with a smidge more time, have inspired me to play again and finish leveling. I've FINALLY gotten my first level 70!!! It's a tad overwhelming to figure out what's next. So now, some questions (apologies in advance if these sound dumb or have been answered).

1. Should I open any command crates now or stack till Nov 28 (keep in mind, as you can tell, I'm SLOOOWWW anyway and prolly have no need, or chance for, BiS gear)
  2. What's fastest way to level CXP for solo player (would love to do group content but my schedule is haphazard)? I still have story to play through so will be doing that. Will also be doing PvP/GSF. That's all regardless. But what else after that, or is that plenty?
  3. Is crafting a viable way to gear (especially if I stack crates)?
  4. Planning on buying the legacy unlocks for CXP, and boosts from CM (don't love it, but...). Worth it?/Any reason NOT to?
  5. Any other pearls of wisdom?

Thanks!

You do not mention whether you reached lvl 70 before finishing yuour class story or not.

That is important, because the class stories are the best part of this game, so you have to give them a try and finish 8 of them. You can worry about lvl 70 gearing later.

lvl 70 means you still have some 300 more to go :(

Crates, I would wait with them till November as, it was promissed they will drop the unassembled items instead of random, useless drops.

BTW, you do not need BiS gear to actually enjoy content on lvl 70 - purple 230 (with set bonus) and couple of augments are enough. (provided you do not want to do HM or NiM stuff)

Best way to increase your CXP is to do FPs and OPs. - Veteran FPs are fast. SM OPs too. (this is purely based on number of CXP points gained per run)

PVP - just fun, provide you like that part of game.

Crafting - for me useless and I have never developed any love towards that - time and resource eating activity witl low chances you actually craft anything useful for yourself, cos, honetly when you are maxed all your crafting skills, you already have better gear gained other ways.

Crafting however might be profitable as people are still buying augments, and augmentation slots not to mention some decoration materials - but again, I am no expert on those, just do not enjoy it at all.

Legacy unocks - definietly worth that.

My 2 cents, simply and my point of view. Others may have different.

You do not mention whether you reached lvl 70 before finishing yuour class story or not.

That is important, because the class stories are the best part of this game, so you have to give them a try and finish 8 of them. You can worry about lvl 70 gearing later. ...

Totally agree! FYI, I did mention that I'm continuing the story.

... I still have story to play through so will be doing that. ...

But I should add, I've never even done chapters 1-9 of KOTFE :o. Too much to explain why, but I intend to do all of that now.

I know it's weird, but I've been continuously subbed since launch. And I've done all 8 vanilla stories front and back multiple times (still may fav part of the game, next to PvP). And I've always loved crafting. Basically: 1) PvP, 2) Stories, and 3) Crafting were my main things when I played more. Made a ton of money crafting back in the day, but it's no longer AS lucrative or worthwhile I agree...

I want to keep doing those things, but try some other stuff too. Concerning the FPs you mentioned, I assume those are soloable for someone who's not very good? Thanks!

New roadmap announcements, coupled with a smidge more time, have inspired me to play again and finish leveling. I've FINALLY gotten my first level 70!!! It's a tad overwhelming to figure out what's next. So now, some questions (apologies in advance if these sound dumb or have been answered).

1. Should I open any command crates now or stack till Nov 28 (keep in mind, as you can tell, I'm SLOOOWWW anyway and prolly have no need, or chance for, BiS gear)
  2. What's fastest way to level CXP for solo player (would love to do group content but my schedule is haphazard)? I still have story to play through so will be doing that. Will also be doing PvP/GSF. That's all regardless. But what else after that, or is that plenty?
  3. Is crafting a viable way to gear (especially if I stack crates)?
  4. Planning on buying the legacy unlocks for CXP, and boosts from CM (don't love it, but...). Worth it?/Any reason NOT to?
  5. Any other pearls of wisdom?

Thanks!

I'm a returning player myself and it took a bit to get used the new life as a level 70. I can tell you what I've done.

1) I didn't worry about any stacking "strategy"... just opened them as they came through or opened them at the end of a play session.

2) The quickest way I've been getting CXP (until October 10th at least) is to do dailies at Yavin 4 (lots of missions), CZ-198 (quick run), Ziost (quick run) and Section-X (working on rep, but be aware of the possible light/dark side bug... google it). I can run them in about an hour and a half. Those areas are on the list of "bugged" areas that give out about 15X more CXP than they should (30X with a CM CXP booster)

3) Crafting is a good way to make credits (depending on what your specialty is), but the crafted components don't give set bonuses, so that's something to keep in mind. The Command Crates will have items (if you're lucky) that will give you a set bonus.

Last bit of advice. I've always had more fun with this game by simply playing... by not trying to find the "best" way to do anything. The more "organic" my experiences have been, the more satisfying they've become.

Oh... and welcome to the "end game". :rak_03:

2) The quickest way I've been getting CXP (until October 10th at least) is to do dailies at Yavin 4 (lots of missions), CZ-198 (quick run), Ziost (quick run) and Section-X (working on rep, but be aware of the possible light/dark side bug... google it). I can run them in about an hour and a half. Those areas are on the list of "bugged" areas that give out about 15X more CXP than they should (30X with a CM CXP booster)

Last bit of advice. I've always had more fun with this game by simply playing... by not trying to find the "best" way to do anything. The more "organic" my experiences have been, the more satisfying they've become.

Oh... and welcome to the "end game". :rak_03:

Perfect and thanks! The bugged area advice is really big, I saw it mentioned before and ignored it because it didn't apply - I would have stepped RIGHT INTO that, so this thread was worth it just for that! And yeah, I think in the end, it'll just end up playing "organically" as I always have.

My advice. Do not grind anything.

Once you look at content as a means to an end rather than an end in itself, burnout becomes inevitable.

Play the content that you enjoy because you enjoy it, not for relative CXP value.

Like Flashpoints? Do Flashpoints. Like solo quests? Do solo quests. etc etc. I find chasing CXP just gets annoying.

Perfect and thanks! The bugged area advice is really big, I saw it mentioned before and ignored it because it didn't apply - I would have stepped RIGHT INTO that, so this thread was worth it just for that! And yeah, I think in the end, it'll just end up playing "organically" as I always have.

One more thing that I didn't realize initially. The Galactic Command System, that big "idiot button" that tries to get you into the GC system was something I immediately ignored... figured it was another way of funneling me into BW's latest theme ride. But, it does have it's uses.

If you're doing dailies, it benefits you to use the planetary DvL missions. You declare a side (light or dark) and jump into the planetary dailies. You DON'T have to accept the first daily that comes up, simply cancel it and hit the button again until you find one you want. If you complete the required number of missions (conveniently numbered to be the total, easily available missions for the day on that planet) you'll get a CXP bonus roughly equivalent to another daily mission.

Once you look at content as a means to an end rather than an end in itself, burnout becomes inevitable.

Play the content that you enjoy because you enjoy it, not for relative CXP value.

Like Flashpoints? Do Flashpoints. Like solo quests? Do solo quests. etc etc. I find chasing CXP just gets annoying.

But above all.... This.

One more thing that I didn't realize initially. The Galactic Command System, that big "idiot button" that tries to get you into the GC system was something I immediately ignored... figured it was another way of funneling me into BW's latest theme ride. But, it does have it's uses.

If you're doing dailies, it benefits you to use the planetary DvL missions. You declare a side (light or dark) and jump into the planetary dailies. You DON'T have to accept the first daily that comes up, simply cancel it and hit the button again until you find one you want. If you complete the required number of missions (conveniently numbered to be the total, easily available missions for the day on that planet) you'll get a CXP bonus roughly equivalent to another daily mission.

Are you saying that if I do dailies on a planet to click the "Planetary Missions" button in the Galactic Command menu item instead of, say, from the fleet or planet terminals?:confused:

For sure! Thanks.

Are you saying that if I do dailies on a planet to click the "Planetary Missions" button in the Galactic Command menu item instead of, say, from the fleet or planet terminals?:confused:

That's about it yes. You'll get a bonus bit of CXP, money and some points for the chosen alignment. Even more if planet ary quests happen to be the bonus.....you'll see what I mean when you get to it.

Yes. The other benefit is you are given a clunky, immersion-breaking, "travel pass" that will zap you too and from the daily areas. The system is really set up to be a grind-fest treadmill and I can't see myself using it much after October 10th. But, it's available... another tool in the box, so to speak.

Edit: OCD: typo

Edited by XGrimHarlequinX

That's about it yes. You'll get a bonus bit of CXP, money and some points for the chosen alignment. Even more if planet ary quests happen to be the bonus.....you'll see what I mean when you get to it.

Thanks! Another thing I woulda whiffed on!