Legacy Storage?

idnewton

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I know there are a few questions surrounding Legacy storage and although I can't answer everything here are some of the bigger answers:

How do I get Legacy storage?

You will get Legacy storage for free with the completion of the "Introduction to Strongholds Mission" upon acquiring your first Stronghold. Legacy storage will also be craftable and is possible to appear on the Cartel Market. (In both cases this means it would be available on the GTN for credits as well)

If I add another Legacy storage to my Stronghold, does this add more storage space?

It does not. Adding more Legacy storage "units" will simply add another access point, similar to how the cargo hold works right now. You can increase the size by adding more bays (more in the next answer).

How big will it be?

Legacy storage comes, by default, with one bay unlocked. That bay will have 80 slots in it. You will be able to purchase additional bays with credits or Cartel Coins.

Can I transfer Bind on Pickup (BoP) items through my Legacy Storage?

This is still being worked on/decided in development. We should have an answer on this soon™.

I hope that answers most of the bigger questions you have.

-eric

Hey folks,

I know there are a few questions surrounding Legacy storage and although I can't answer everything here are some of the bigger answers:

You will get Legacy storage for free with the completion of the "Introduction to Strongholds Mission" upon acquiring your first Stronghold. Legacy storage will also be craftable and is possible to appear on the Cartel Market. (In both cases this means it would be available on the GTN for credits as well)

If I add another Legacy storage to my Stronghold, does this add more storage space?

It does not. Adding more Legacy storage "units" will simply add another access point, similar to how the cargo hold works right now. You can increase the size by adding more bays (more in the next answer).

How big will it be?

Legacy storage comes, by default, with one bay unlocked. That bay will have 80 slots in it. You will be able to purchase additional bays with credits or Cartel Coins.

This is still being worked on/decided in development. We should have an answer on this soon™.

-eric

Thanks Eric

Hey folks,

How big will it be?

-eric

Thanks for the info about LS. I really can't wait for GSH to come out. :D

Hey folks,

How big will it be?

-eric

wow.

quick we must group hug Eric in appreciation, everyone get together now to hug him...

Thanks, that got most of mine. One left, aside from cost specifics:

Will my characters who craft be able to have their crafting actions automatically draw materials directly from Legacy Storage, as they do from their own Cargo Hold now?

Edited by DarthTHC

Will my characters who craft be able to have their crafting actions automatically draw materials directly from Legacy Storage, as they do from their own Cargo Hold now?

Wouldn't mind knowing this myself as well.

Hey folks,

How big will it be?

-eric

Glad we got news on this but I have to ask. What is the point of crafting or selling legacy storage if everyone gets one by completing the introduction quest?

Glad we got news on this but I have to ask. What is the point of crafting or selling legacy storage if everyone gets one by completing the introduction quest?

Multiple access points, availability in more than one stronghold (for people who will have all 4).

Mats indeed, but also other stuff...

I'd like to be able to craft things like Aug 9 kits, armor mods, barrels, etc. and put them into storage that anyone can access so when I'm ready for them, I don't have to go hunting across 17 alts to find them.

This to infinity... no more "what char has x item again... -13 log ins later- aha there it is!"

You will get Legacy storage for free with the completion of the "Introduction to Strongholds Mission" upon acquiring your first Stronghold.

-eric

So, Eric, subs by July 15 got one stronghold for free, right? And all players are supposed to be able to do the intro quest, right?

So, when you complete the intro quest do you also get a free stronghold? or is it necessary to do something else after completing the intro quest (either through credits or the market) to actually unlock the stronghold?

Or, would one need a legacy storage unit for each and every stronghold he or she owns?

Because it seems rather pointless to add additional access points within the same stronghold, unless these strongholds are so massive that multiple access points are necessary?

Edited by phalczen

As much as I'd love to be able to transfer things like bound implants and earpieces and relics, the big reason I'm hoping to be able to put BoP items in is so I can share all my Hyrotii Scrapper speeders around my legacy... I have like 6 and just can't bring myself to vendor them for 800 credits (at least change them to bind to legacy if I can't share them! lol)

To me, that's the million dollar question

Hey folks,

How big will it be?

-eric

You rock Musco!!! Awesome answers!!!

^^^ This is the most important question. That, and 80 slots in a bay seems a bit stingy, I've got a legacy of 18 alts to store mats/stuff for :(

Look at all those nice things Eric said.

You want us to compliment him for doing his job? For communicating with us? :o

^^^ This is the most important question. That, and 80 slots in a bay seems a bit stingy, I've got a legacy of 18 alts to store mats/stuff for :(

CC or in-game credits. Ye pick. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It sounds like the Legacy Storage Unit will be like the Cargo Hold -- you get one Bay when you get access to it, and there will be a maximum number of bays. Unlike the Cargo Hold, you can buy additional Legacy Storage Units (which each come with one bay to start). Each separate Unit would have a separate [placeable] access point in your Stronghold.

Also, it sounds like you get a free one when you run the introductory mission with your *first* stronghold, so you probably have to buy new Units if you buy additional strongholds and want Legacy Storage there.

BTW, it sounds like you have to travel to your stronghold to access the Legacy Storage -- there won't be access points on Fleet, Worlds, or your ship like there are for Cargo Holds and Guild Banks.

At least that's my take on what was said.