Stelzner

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not completely dead yet...

25/0/21

What is that?

You don't deal periodic damage... is this supposed to be run in force technique or something? Why do you have shield talents and no harnessed shadows? I don't want to say bad build is bad but that needs work; the hybrid you're trying to recreate was never about tanking.

I know it was never about tanking, but since shields are now relevant in PVP...I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a slight buff to it...plus it's not like there aren't a couple of points left to fill anyway in the tree to get to Bulwark and force pull or death field Edited by planet_J

It hasn't....my build will be capable of stance swapping...indeed it's micro management...but it is what it is...there's a really good 27/5/14 build on the shadow forums that accomplishes more or less what the old 23/1/17 or 27/0/14 did in darkness/combat technique

Wouldn't it fun if BioWare REALLY gave your hybrids a nerf in the form of everything tier 3 and above required the associated charge of the tree? So Deathfield et all Madness would require being in Lightning Charge, 30% maul crit damage et all Deception would require Surging, etc etc? Man I would so laugh.

As mentioned many times before, BW has made it clear that they wish to balance the AC's around their 3 skill trees. Hybrid build's make balancing harder because instead of taking into account only 3 builds, you know have 3 + 1 or 2 more Hybrid builds for each AC.

This isnt wow, or at least its not supposed to be. I'll say it again!.......The game was made with the promise...(its on the making of the game vids & interviews) of having completely customizable specs. The End!

Edited by LegionLordXendor

I play Hybrid for 2 reasons ...

I dont like to tank, my guild requires I tank in WZ's .. so I play 23/1/17 .. off tank, utility, burst in DPS gear.

If Bioware made deception hit a little harder, my guild might let me play Deception. I doubt they will ..

How many ranked teams run a deception Assassin? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

what am I suppose to do now? If i wanted to tank, I would tank, .. but I dont. now I am FORCED to tank even moreso than before.

oh .. yeah 12 slots/re-roll, whatever.

from what ive been reading around these forums, some people want hybrids to work and others prefer BW to balance around 3 specs. with no 100% support for the hybrids from the community, and on top of BW's stance of wanting to balance 3 specs instead of 5 or 6, i doubt the hybrid loyalists will get enough backing going on for them.

1) Juggernaut end-game tanking = Immortal with major buffs. Hybrid gone.

2) Sorcerer dps = Full Lightning spec is parsing really good right now

3) Assassin hybrid (mainly for the PVPers) = can not comment since i dont run hybrid sin PVP (not much of a pvper as well.

Besides, Full Deception in pve is parsing well from what i've been hearing from people on the PTS.

4) Sniper hybrid spec however = is still strong and parsing well on the L55 ops dummy. At least on par with Full Marks and Full Lethality.

Edited by paowee

It doesn't matter how you may or may not want to look at it. The game was made with the promise...(its on the making of the game vids & interviews) of having completely customizable specs. The End! Now they go and change their minds because...QQ its hard to balance? Give ma a break. Things where fine before 1.2, only needing very, and I mean very minor fixes. If they continue to squash hybrid builds so they are no longer viable in both pve and pvp then they are running the risk of falling into the same trap other current mmo's are in.

You necro'd a year old thread bro, good job.

If they make changes(aka hybrid nerfs), but make our freakin passive work(+25% base dmg to Project).

I'll sing songs and rejoice upon the BW name.

lol so would i. but this has been a known issue since beta, and they still haven't bothered to even think of fixing it.

as regards to hybrids, i don't use them. i'll go 31 darkness or 31 deception, as i feel i do better with those specs. i know everyone is in love with 23/1/17, but it is by far squishier than a full 31 darkness build. and it doesn't do more damage either. that being said, it bothers me that BW is taking away some of the limited customization we're afforded. i say limited, because there's some talents no one in their right mind would take (i'm looking at you, resourcefulness!).

games like rift not only encouraged hybridization, but many a times they were the best specs to play. they also let players have 5 different builds they could swap to if not in combat (where's our dual spec BW?)

Um, non "cookie cutter" specs are always clearly inferior. Being a snowflake doesn't stop you from under performing and pulling down your group. The rare solid hybrid spec that does come about makes the class impossible to balance. You really should have learned that by now, all of you. Don't ask for things that don't make sense.

After 8 years WoW is giving more customization a shot in MoP, and I'm telling you right now that 1 of 2 things will happen: 1. Optimal "optional" talents will be found and thus just more cookie cutter specs. Or 2: Balance will be more chaotic than at any point in WoW's history. WoW in for another rough expansion, you really want that here? The more options you have the harder it is to balance. It's not rocket science.

I'm really not as angry as I seem, it's just late and some forum ideas make my head hurt. The "No add ons!!!!" thread in particular makes me want to punch a kitten.

The reason hybrids exist, is that putting all your points into a single talent tree results in sub-performing classes. It will continue to be massive problems for assassins because all 3 of the trees suck at the top.

I am really pissed about the tanksin wither nerf. Its 10m range sucks. You want me to give up a 30m death field?

Actually:

20/26 Jugg

18/28 Jugg

27/5/14 Assassin

Hybrids are alive and well...

I was looking at the same build for my Sin; however, you've taken some crazy points. I hope you're just trying to prove a point and aren't seriously running that exact Sin spec. Here are a few examples:

1) You take Electric Execution over Swelling Shadows: With crit chance at a premium in 2.0, why give up an extra 15% chance to crit??

2) You didn't take Electrify?? You don't want 15% more damage on your shock? It's the bread in the Bread & Butter rotation of Sin Tanks.

3) Not putting 2 points into Claws of Decay. This one can be debated, but once again, Thrash is butter in the Bread & Butter rotation; so, why would you want to reduce it's potential damage.

I had played that hybrid build and for some reason I just really felt like my damage and survivability is just overall a bit lower than on live. For some reason my shocks and DF were just not hitting hard at all and I am not sure why this would be considering nothing should be changed about either of those. Of course the lower survivability would be the quite noticeable 20% armor reduction. Which only makes sense to take it from the light armor wearing tanks :rolleyes: Edited by Xienive

I had played that hybrid build and for some reason I just really felt like my damage and survivability is just overall a bit lower than on live. For some reason my shocks and DF were just not hitting hard at all and I am not sure why this would be considering nothing should be changed about either of those. Of course the lower survivability would be the quite noticeable 20% armor reduction. Which only makes sense to take it from the light armor wearing tanks :rolleyes:

I truly believe they're pushing us to wear survivor gear. it's their attempt at killing the DPS Sin Tank......

I truly believe they're pushing us to wear survivor gear. it's their attempt at killing the DPS Sin Tank......

Interestingly enough, when I was trying my own build on the PTS. With keeping my same min maxed gear from level 50, I did more or less the same kind of damage on the dummy as I were to do on live. However I did notice higher crits on shock and sometimes thrash. Deathfield went up around 800dps, and harnessed darkness was up by 400 dps per tick.

My survivability was hard to test though, especially in a WZ. I'd need to test with more 1 on 1s.

I was a 55 wearing 50 gear, so it'll be intesting what the end result will be. Though min maxing with the new gear won't be as difficult compared to the EWH, as I'll save about 250 Ranked comms.

Interestingly enough, when I was trying my own build on the PTS. With keeping my same min maxed gear from level 50, I did more or less the same kind of damage on the dummy as I were to do on live. However I did notice higher crits on shock and sometimes thrash. Deathfield went up around 800dps, and harnessed darkness was up by 400 dps per tick.

My survivability was hard to test though, especially in a WZ. I'd need to test with more 1 on 1s.

I was a 55 wearing 50 gear, so it'll be intesting what the end result will be. Though min maxing with the new gear won't be as difficult compared to the EWH, as I'll save about 250 Ranked comms.

Today when I played my damage seemed to be higher than yesterday, I am not really sure why as I didn't change much but a few points perhaps...

I will say this though, I have always sworn on wearing a focus but now with the shields working the way they do I really love the extra survivability and will be using one from now on.

Today when I played my damage seemed to be higher than yesterday, I am not really sure why as I didn't change much but a few points perhaps...

I will say this though, I have always sworn on wearing a focus but now with the shields working the way they do I really love the extra survivability and will be using one from now on.

I've never used a focus. I've always kept a shield but with dps gear in it. I loose something like 100 bonus force damage, which I think can be neglegible when my shield chance was 20%, defense chance was 16% and shield absorbption is 24%. With the new update, I'll use dark ward in my rotation and get a 35% shield chance.