Question about thermal regulator

Chambomorrison

You get 2 for a crit on bountiful and 4 for a crit on rich mission. If you get a purple mission and use it you get 6 but 8 if u get a crit on it.

But slicing discovered missions are rare and therefore expensive. For the value of buying one off the GTN (35k to 50k) you can run 10-15 rich missions and probably get two to three crits.

But slicing discovered missions are rare and therefore expensive. For the value of buying one off the GTN (35k to 50k) you can run 10-15 rich missions and probably get two to three crits.

I'm stunned that you can get 450 level slicing missions for 50K on harbinger. On Jung Ma at least, LVL 28 purple augments sell for >120K, many for over 150K depending on demand. They need 4 thermal regulators. This is why the 450 slicing missions sell for ~150K if sold at all - because you get 6-8. So if you really can get these for 35-50K, it's FAR MORE economical to buy and run those. At roughly 8K per thermal yielded, that's 32K per augment (plus the rather trivial cost for the green/blue mats and mission price). So at about 40K total production cost, you stand to realize >80K in profit (without crits which then push you to 200K!). And given the guarantee of at least 6, you're set!

I'm stunned that you can get 450 level slicing missions for 50K on harbinger. On Jung Ma at least, LVL 28 purple augments sell for >120K, many for over 150K depending on demand. They need 4 thermal regulators. This is why the 450 slicing missions sell for ~150K if sold at all - because you get 6-8. So if you really can get these for 35-50K, it's FAR MORE economical to buy and run those. At roughly 8K per thermal yielded, that's 32K per augment (plus the rather trivial cost for the green/blue mats and mission price). So at about 40K total production cost, you stand to realize >80K in profit (without crits which then push you to 200K!). And given the guarantee of at least 6, you're set!

You make valid points, if the 35k to 50k price is in fact steady. The 35-50k pricing was the last time I checked. That was about 2 months ago and may have been an anomaly; Fact is I was looking for pricing on 340 slicing missions to post one I got while leveling up slicing and saw the 450 pricing. Maybe I misread the listings.

Fact is I do not look for missions on the GTN, because I focus on crafting blue quality stuff and discovered missions are not good for blue materials. I run missions looking for purples - for personal use - and use the blues for sale. I often buy blue materials off he GTN because they are invariably dirt cheap, but I calculate my bargain basement pricing off the cost of the materials when acquired through missions.

I generally never see 450 slicing mission discoveries on the GTN on my server. The rare times i do, it's 140 - 150k.

Additionally, getting them myself is quite rare. I have 4 maxed slicers and run grade 9 lockbox missions all the time. Investigation and Underworld Trading 450 missions are common to get. Treasure Hunting, Scavenging and Bioanalysis less common. Slicing would be the least common. Generally only get a couple per week.

Getting a crit via the rich and bountiful sliced parts missions will net you a lot more Thermal Regulators than Slicing mission discoveries will overall.