Black Hole Gearing Question

jsibley

Hello. I am fairly new at this game and I need some advice. I am heal specced and in full Columi gear. I have saved up close to 200 BH comms.

I have read that as you switch from Columi to BH gear, you geat "worse" as a healer. If so, what should I buy? I am kind of confused as to how to make the "upgrade" to BH gear. Thank you.

No, I just didn't look at the path, sry.

When you upgrade from Rakata to BH you have to be careful, because for example the Rakata legs are better than the BH legs.

From Columi you can upgrade everything, just watch that you buy the Force-Mystic gear and that there ist no precision on it.

A tip: take the Mods and such out of the BH gear and put them into the Columi shells, for the setbonus

Thanks for the help.

So I can buy a BH piece and then pull the mods/enhancements/armorings out and put it in the Columi shells to keep the Columi set bonus?

I was holding off on putting expensive augments on my Columi gear thinking that it would be upgraded...so I guess I should augment it then if that is the case.

Sorry for asking so many questions. I am new to this game but not MMOs and I want to be as good of a healer in this game as I can be.

in general, with sorc healer you want gear that has high power, high mainstat (for you willpower), crit and surge are also important, and you won't really be able to avoid alacrity either. And yes, sometimes BH gear is not ideal, because at least for me (operative) the BH gear has armorings with too high endurance and lower cunning. So pay attention to this and you should be fine.

Enable descriptive item tool tips.

Compare component for component.

Remember you can pull a mod or enhance from, say, boots, and put them in any other price of gear, but the armoring will only work for other boots.

Pull components out and put them in your columi gear to keep set bonus. (Black hole looks like **** anyway IMO. Use orange chest of your choosing and other 4 pieces of set gear to get a mostly customized look)

Black Hole Striker's MK-1 Boots (good power mod and power/surge enhancement for 50 comms)

Yeah chances are you will need to buy at least a few pairs of striker boots because the mods out of them are pretty damn good. That will be for more min/maxing though.

I have a merc healer that is in the same situation. All I did was compare the stats and switch the BH gear with my columi shells works great.

BH gear main upgrades are mods and enhencement.

Armoring are nice, but really important for tanks mainly, which you ain't.

As someone pointed out, BH striker boots are great for you.

41 power mod and power/surge enhencements.

Make sure you keep your crit as well, with the Force-Lord headgear.

You may also be interested in some alacrity, altough I never had issue when respeccing to heals for a FP with little of it, altough it gives me less of an "emergency" response. If you want absolute BiS, ask a theory crafter :p