Should I not buy Battlemaster gear?

KristoferK

War Hero gear will be the equivalent cost of what BM is now. Buy the pieces that you DO NOT have to trade in on so you can stack more. Implants, relics, main hand, off hand, etc. Main hand and off hand first since their prices have already been reduced.

Do not buy BM anything. It's a waste.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Eh, I bought some battlemaster stuff for my fresh 50 commando healer but only because I like the way it looks compared to the war hero stuff and I'd probably regret it if I didn't get it while I can.

Actually, besides the gear specs being brought closer together I like that this will also allow ppl to be more fashionable in PVP, with WH set bonues not being tied to the shells.

if you pvp alot, or want to pvp alot, then it could be worth still getting BM gear. not going to have much fun in recruit gear. and onces 1.6 gets here, you just give your BM gear to one of your companions so its not really a waste.

if you want you can go the weapons MH/OH. even then you still will be loosing out on comms tho.

Pretty sure that WH main and off hands will remain the same price since they are currently the same price as the BM main and off hands once were.

Those are not going to get any cheaper.

Depends on how much you are planning to play in the next couple weeks. It's very possible that the patch will be out before Christmas, which mean in < 3 weeks.

Some of the BM gear will be collectable, if you are into that sort of thing. The BM shells also hold the set bonuses (and not the armorings), and some of the set bonuses may be BiS for PvE.

Pretty sure that WH main and off hands will remain the same price since they are currently the same price as the BM main and off hands once were.

Those are not going to get any cheaper.

Dont they cost RWZ comms still? Where the new prices will be regular?

Thanks for the comments fellas!

Might as well buy something, I intend to PvP quite a bit and I don't see a point in not earning any commendations from between now and until the patch, especially since we don't know exactly when that will be.

Another thing to consider is the optimal stat. Some bm pieces have mods or enhancements with desirable stats such as power whereas the war hero upgrade might give you a tiny bit more main stat and endurance with no power and some stat you don't need to stack. Of course you can do min max in the end but I find it quite helpful to be able to cherry pick certain mods and enhancements while still in the process of grinding full war hero

BM armor is a *MUST* buy.

Why?

Because the BM armor has bonuses tied to *shell* while WH armor has bonuses tied to *armoring pieces*.

If you stuff BM armor with WH pieces, you can combine the options of two PvP sets at one time.

So e.g. on my Juggernaut i combine bonuses of 2 sets at one time: damaging and tanking set + i have good looks off the BM armor (filled with WH pieces).

BM armor is a *MUST* buy.

Why?

Because the BM armor has bonuses tied to *shell* while WH armor has bonuses tied to *armoring pieces*.

If you stuff BM armor with WH pieces, you can combine the options of two PvP sets at one time.

So e.g. on my Juggernaut i combine bonuses of 2 sets at one time: damaging and tanking set + i have good looks off the BM armor (filled with WH pieces).

Wait what, you can't be serious.

You are saying that if i stuff WH stalkers armor in BM Mystics i actually get both set bonusses?

And BW is okay with that?

Wait what, you can't be serious.

You are saying that if i stuff WH stalkers armor in BM Mystics i actually get both set bonusses?

And BW is okay with that?

The armoring mod overrides the shell bonus, I believe. You don't get both.

Plus, you'd be stuck with the BM look. ;)

Just hit 50, got 2750 comms and was wondering what to spend them on. I've heard BM will get obsolete in the next update so should I hold on to my commendations and wait?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Buy the WH weapons / off hand, then bank the rest you get untill 1.6 drops. if you get too many before it drops then buy two wh off hands and buy a orange belt and wrists and put the mods in them to cut to the chase.

Thanks for the comments fellas!

Might as well buy something, I intend to PvP quite a bit and I don't see a point in not earning any commendations from between now and until the patch, especially since we don't know exactly when that will be.

This was the conclusion I came to it was either stop pvp'n or just crack on now full BM set WH main and off and working on capping out ranked comms at moment should see me through to 1.6 if it doesnt then I'll simply blow the ranked on the EWH weapon which remains the same cost in 1.6 anyway.