Immortal/Defense Skank TANK PVP 5.0 build, help.

czartorysky

Hello. I need help with gearing my juggernaut immortal for PVP (i mean RWZ). I want to have a good survivability, and do some damage too. I played both, rage and vengeance on rwz, but... they are very useless right now, so I decided to play as immortal on pvp. Need some pro tips and stat build for him.

When I finally gave up on vigi I went Skank too. It's really the best option for guardians right now sadly...

I basically went tank set bonus, high endurance power mods,high endurance crit/alacrity enhancements. I know some people that like to run optimized dps mods/enhancements for more damage. For me personally, however, I am a tank main. My goal is to survive, keep my team alive, be annoying as possible, then do damage where I can. I therefore go endurance stack as defense/shield/absorb are basically meaningless for pvp.

Well, if you didn't like Rage or Veng, it's unlikely you'll have a much better time with skanking but, who knows. That said, the overall idea is pretty simple: take tank armorings, shield generator, DPS gear and high endurance. The class is pretty versatile: it can do some damage and it can take some damage, just don't expect it to excel in either.

TBH, there's plenty of threads talking about how to gear and play skank tanks, so try look for those if you need help. Here's two:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=927951

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=928770

If there's anything I'd add, remember to use sweeping slash to spread trauma debuff on enemies. It's easy to do and reduces the healing they receive.

Also, I've not come across the term "RWZ" before. Does that refer to regular warzones or ranked warzones?

I'm working on a stank DPS build for veng, but that's like two months more of grinding before testing (I'm not buying another round of 246s).

Skank is straight forward; warding (tank) armorings, lethal B mods (high health), discipline enhancements (high health), and endurance augments. Only the armorings are 248; the mods and enhancements are 246 and can be bought on the GTN.

You don't lose out on the (non-power) secondary stats on discipline enhancements (or whatever high health alternative you select).

Compared to tank sets, you're trading defense and shield/absorb for power and crit. Compared to dps sets, you're trading power for health.

My skank build is basically endurance stacking. Tank set bonus, 248 preferred. Lethal b mods, 246 crafted. High endurance crit/alacrity enhancement,246 crafted. With fortitude augments (high endurance low power). I'm at 148k health now haha.

Run with a healer and watch the enemy cry as they try to kill the two of you.

You may have not notice this but this is the only tank class wherein the DPS set armor bonus are not darken and are green.
If you think that means all of the bonuses apply to all of the specs, you're wrong. The 2-piece bonuses on both sets are locked to tank/dps respectively. The 6-piece bonus on the dps set is locked to dps specs. The 4-piece dps set bonus is very weak in dps specs, and does virtually nothing for the tank spec, which already benefits from large bonus crit chance to ravage (and crushing blow). The difference between 75% and 80% crit chance on ravage is meaningless compared to the extra uptime on taunt and threatening scream. And the 6-piece tank set bonus is strong enough to merit use on a DPS spec.

• 2 months later...
So out of curiosity is there a good source for Lethal B mods?

Or is it just a matter of getting a lucky schematic drop, or going to the GTN?

Ideally get someone to craft the 246 lethal b mods. I have a buddy, but I'm sure there are people who will sell them cheaper than the gtn especially if you provide mats.

• 4 weeks later...

I got schematics and been crafting 246 B mods, ring me up on darth malgus if you need help.

Reading this thread I've done most things right but Im suprised so many people go discipline enhancement instead of efficient? Im running efficient enhancements and critical augments as sith sin tank, wondering if I should change?

Edited by Aredaz
added info

I got schematics and been crafting 246 B mods, ring me up on darth malgus if you need help.

Reading this thread I've done most things right but Im suprised so many people go discipline enhancement instead of efficient? Im running efficient enhancements and critical augments as sith sin tank, wondering if I should change?

I go with whatever the higher endurance ones are. My setup is straight endurance stacking.

I think every tank should have at least 2 sets of gear for pvp. For example, I have one set (skank set) with all 248's. Tank armorings with everything else being dps gear. I have about 137k hp but I hit like a truck. My other set is I guess my (real tank) set. 248 tank armorings and 246 high endurance tank mods and enhancements. I'm at around 152k hp with roughly 40% shield and 30% absorb. This set is strictly for Huttball and when the focus on teamates gets real. Only problem is you do absolutely crap damage but in those situations that is not my job.

As for alacrity, has anyone tried running skank jugg with about 15% alacrity? I'm thinking of trying it to see how it does. Seems like it would be nice having a faster rotation and faster cool downs on all taunts and cc.

I think every tank should have at least 2 sets of gear for pvp. For example, I have one set (skank set) with all 248's. Tank armorings with everything else being dps gear. I have about 137k hp but I hit like a truck. My other set is I guess my (real tank) set. 248 tank armorings and 246 high endurance tank mods and enhancements. I'm at around 152k hp with roughly 40% shield and 30% absorb. This set is strictly for Huttball and when the focus on teamates gets real. Only problem is you do absolutely crap damage but in those situations that is not my job.

As for alacrity, has anyone tried running skank jugg with about 15% alacrity? I'm thinking of trying it to see how it does. Seems like it would be nice having a faster rotation and faster cool downs on all taunts and cc.

Quick question. You still go with shield as offhand right but using dps gear? Well except for the armorings as you said. I'm leveling up a sin tank as we speak and for me since I have my own def buff (15% shield chance 15 charges) on a short CD I sometimes wounder, but I guess for any skank type, having the shield as offhand might be mandatory :D

Used to be main tank in WoW during Wotlk and some in Aion but that's off topic ofc.

Played this game on and off with breaks before it became f2p and it was about time I tried this skank thing out. The only tiny sad part is I didn't find any updated guide for this. Usually some good on Dulfy, Vulkk etc and as some usually say, there's plenty of different skank setups but wounder if some are better suited for X class giving the differences in passives and what not.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by vXCozmoz

Quick question. You still go with shield as offhand right but using dps gear? Well except for the armorings as you said. I'm leveling up a sin tank as we speak and for me since I have my own def buff (15% shield chance 15 charges) on a short CD I sometimes wounder, but I guess for any skank type, having the shield as offhand might be mandatory :D

Always a shield in the OH, I use the high end armoring, a lethal B mod, and either a high end alac or crit enh.

The shield is activated by stance (dark charge I believe for sins?) which is now a passive in the tank discipline.

Played this game on and off with breaks before it became f2p and it was about time I tried this skank thing out. The only tiny sad part is I didn't find any updated guide for this. Usually some good on Dulfy, Vulkk etc and as some usually say, there's plenty of different skank setups but wounder if some are better suited for X class giving the differences in passives and what not.

I would love to see other builds as well which is why i created this thread...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=941937

Let's share and compare for all our benefit :).