Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

Liamo

Ok, this is what Drew has to say about it himself.

Thaknks for the e-mail; glad you enjoyed Revan.

I think it's fine to see the Emperor as co-opting Dromund Kaas to fit hsi needs and rechristening it as the "true" homeworld just so his followers would buy into what he was selling.

Hope this helps.

Drew

So uhh, yeah, try again?

1. Drew's not speaking for LFL here; he's responding on personal website.

2. Drew neither confirm nor denies the information in the novel; he's merely suggesting it's fine to see the Emperor... He says absolutely nothing about whether the planet is or is not the homeworld, as the novel states.

This is a quote from Wookieepedia.

Wookiepedia? You might as well say "this is what some fan says." Further, no other source refutes that Ziost is the primary planet of the Sith, and became the homeworld of one-half of what came to be known as "the Sith" under discussion; a people as seen in Dawn of the Jedi, who's homeworld, according to Revan novel could be Dromund Kaas, merged with the beliefs of the people who's new homeworld, after they were exiled, was Ziost.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Drew neither confirm nor denies the information in the novel; he's merely suggesting it's fine to see the Emperor... He says absolutely nothing about whether the planet is or is not the homeworld, as the novel states.

Except that what I quoted was a direct answer to "why is Kaas stated to be the homeworld?" When you couple that answer with the fact that Drew doesn't use omniscient narrator but instead, narrates how the character the chapter is about believes, it shows that you are in fact mistaken.

If you have issue with that then that's your problem and rambling at me is rather asinine.

Wookiepedia? You might as well say "this is what some fan says." Further, no other source refutes that Ziost is the primary planet of the Sith, and became the homeworld of one-half of what came to be known as "the Sith" under discussion; a people as seen in Dawn of the Jedi, who's homeworld, according to Revan novel could be Dromund Kaas, merged with the beliefs of the people who's new homeworld, after they were exiled, was Ziost.

Oh how quaint, you didn't even bother to read what I quoted. The source for the post was in the quote. Yes, let's just ignore what other people say and keep rambling like a moron, good choice champ.

Edited by Jandi

Korriban has been defined by canonical sources as the birthplace/origin world of the Sith Species and it is the planet upon which the Sith Order was established, Ziost, Dromund Kaas etc. are all adopted homeworlds of the Sith.

To quote Abel G. Peña:

Without Adas' unifying influence, wars once again raged for rule of the Sith people, with the reigning combatants arrogantly claiming the title of Sith'ari, and eventually forcing a relocation of the Sith capitol to the planet Ziost. Eventually, almost two-dozen millennia after Adas' death, a proper successor to Adas seemed to come at last. Known in Republic space as the Exiles, traitorous Jedi defeated in a galactic war called the Hundred-Year Darkness arrived on Korriban and cowed the Sith people with their astounding Force abilities, lightsabers, and superior technology.

Korriban was the original world, then it became a graveyard world and the Sith moved to Ziost which became the capital world. The Dark Jedi also arrived on Korriban and established their order there, so that is there homeworld too.

Everything else is adopted. Dromund Kaas, Ziost all of it. Lets hope Moriband doesn't change that...

Edited by Beniboybling

But given that Korriban has been explictly defined as the homeworld of the Sith, the Emperor is likely lying.

And unfortunately because the quote is a character statement, it is not officially canon.

Except that what I quoted was a direct answer to "why is Kaas stated to be the homeworld?" When you couple that answer with the fact that Drew doesn't use omniscient narrator but instead, narrates how the character the chapter is about believes, it shows that you are in fact mistaken.

If you have issue with that then that's your problem and rambling at me is rather asinine.

You were the one you asininely said such a thing doesn't exist. It does. That you cite Drew's personal opinion on the matter isn't really relevant. You're stubbornly double-downing on your incorrect earlier statement.

Don't get pissed at me because the Revan novel says something you disagree with.

You were the one you asininely said such a thing doesn't exist. It does. That you cite Drew's personal opinion on the matter isn't really relevant. You're stubbornly double-downing on your incorrect earlier statement.

Don't get pissed at me because the Revan novel says something you disagree with.

As the writer Drew's opinion is 100% relevant, it reveals the "statement" to be from a fallible perspective as opposed to a solid source, which itself would conflict with existing canon.

The fact that the SWTORE makes no mention of it being their ancestral home, and instead bestowing that title upon Korriban, namely as "birthplace of the Sith Empire" diminishes the validity of that particular 'statement' even more.

Edited by Beniboybling

So the opinion of the person who wrote the book is irrelevant when it comes to what's in the book?

Ok, yeah, bye.

• 4 weeks later...

The issue is gonna be, what will the Story group/ Lucas licensing do with this crappy idea? (Crappy as in changing something, but the name being almost the same lol)

If they were rational people like a lot of the posters here, they could explain this simply as "This is where the Jedi were lead to believe the Sith Originated" or "Korriban is a Sith word, it's Coruscanti pronunciation is Morriband"

But they won't, they will panic retcon as they always do, "Oh no a spider, kill it with your shoe!!" "Oh no an inconsistency, de-canonize everything before 19BBY!!"

Bye bye Korriban

Edited by adamqd

2 questions with a sub question:

1. Are we talking about the Sith Empire or about the Sith?

If it's about the TSE, it doesn't matter as much. There have been plenty of empires that called various planets their homeworld. Now about the interesting part:

If it's about the Sith:

2. Are we talking about THE Sith(purebloods etc-the red skinned ones) or about the dark side users? The way I see it happen is the following:

Once upon time there was a heated discussion on a planet called Tython. It was about the potential of the force users and how one side didn't want to squander the potential and even wanted to "purify" the order. The leader of rebels was a Jedi master Rajivari. Although he didn't want to encourage the padawans to use the dark force, his forceful, direct ways of teaching did just that. Then the battle of Kaleth happened. After the Kaleth fel, their teachings spread around. This is how dark side users came to be. Later they become so powerful that they succeeded in capturing the planet Korriban and the indigenous species there-the Sith. Meanwhile the ******s nicked the name from the natives and called themselves the Sith. From which planet master Rajivari hailed is unknown. He could well be from Morriband and then the explanation would be:

->The origin of dark side users("the Sith") is Morriband. However if the following is true, then it sucks donkey balls:

->The origin of redskins(the Sith) is Morriband.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Cuiwe

Quote:

Guided by the Force, Yoda travels to the heart of the galaxy. There, on the planet where he finds the origin of the Force, he must face difficult trials. Only upon passing them will the Sages deem him worthy of learning the deepest mysteries of the Force....

Heart of the galaxy? Origin of the Force. Wait...THAT'S TYTHON!! In the Bane Trilogy, it states that Tython was ravaged by some sort of dark power and was turned into a barren world strong in the dark side. Maybe when Tython went dark, the renamed it Moriband.

Edited by JediMasterJamesS

Looks like they are trying real hard to destroy Star Wars by changing everything and the name of all EU characters, ppl that are familiar to EU will be disconnected with regards to what they have been reading and learned from EU for all those years when no movies came out and connection was from content that came from books. If they are starting to change everything it will make ppl very much disinterested with Star Wars and fell like all these books and games they have been a fan of will be no more the same and a big waist of time and a lost of connection.

Looks like they are trying real hard to destroy Star Wars by changing everything and the name of all EU characters, ppl that are familiar to EU will be disconnected with regards to what they have been reading and learned from EU for all those years when no movies came out and connection was from content that came from books. If they are starting to change everything it will make ppl very much disinterested with Star Wars and fell like all these books and games they have been a fan of will be no more the same and a big waist of time and a lost of connection.

This is true for some fans, but they're also banking on the idea that clearing away everything and starting fresh will make it more accessible to new fans and give them a net gain. Truth is they're probably right, since a significant portion of the old fans might grumble and be annoyed at the reboot, but then still get into the new continuity anyways because it'll be the only Star Wars content available.

Fact of the matter is, in the grand scheme of things there aren't that many fans who will actually say: "No more Korriban? No more Yuuzhan Vong? This just doesn't feel like Star Wars anymore!" and leave the fandom. And I say that as a fan of the Vong and someone who thinks Korriban is tied to the very best parts of the EU.

On the Moraband topic itself, as someone who wants to see the existing continuity survive as long as it can (despite the writing being on the wall), I hope they end up saying Moraband is "a" Sith Homeworld, rather than "The" Sith Homeworld. Maybe make it the planet where Darth Ruin founded the New Sith Empire after the Fourth Great Schism. I'm pretty sure that era of the lore is pretty sparse and Moraband could be fit in fairly smoothly.

Edited by DarthDymond

On the Moraband topic itself, as someone who wants to see the existing continuity survive as long as it can (despite the writing being on the wall), I hope they end up saying Moraband is "a" Sith Homeworld, rather than "The" Sith Homeworld. Maybe make it the planet where Darth Ruin founded the New Sith Empire after the Fourth Great Schism. I'm pretty sure that era of the lore is pretty sparse and Moraband could be fit in fairly smoothly.

It occurs to me that there is a chance to get the name chance reversed if enough people take every opportunity they get to play up an unfortunately-similar pronunciation and talk about Yoda going to the 'Sith homeworld of Moribund', and let the association with the connotations of 'moribund' poison the new name.

Fairly obvious to assume that someone wanted to write Korriban and wrote "Moriband" instead, either because he or she is incompetent or the "M" and "K" on the keyboard are too close - for example - and said individual couldn't be bothered to fix it.

Maybe some more potent stuff was involved as well, at the sound of Led Zeppelin or Jefferson Airplane.

ROFL .. Fail.

May the force be with us all.

Korriban has been established in the lore for many years and a great amount of books, comics, card games, video games and other products refer to it as the Sith homeworld. In my opinion such a massive retcon would need a very serious reason to justify it otherwise it is an unnecessary compromising of heavily established canon. Edited by Darth_Haderach

Frankly I wouldn't be concerned about the whole "Morriband" thing. Rewatching the whole Citadel trilogy, I was certain it was on Peragus. Given how the planet looks like this it's certainly right. Frankly, it looks like a spot on recreation of Peragus. But for some reason this is what they call the planet in the intro they have. My point is, they might use a new name, but if it looks the same it probably is. So Morriband is almost certainly another name for Korriban. Edited by Sangiban

I wonder if it is something like the Old Republic knowing it as Korriban and then how many years later just before ROTS they lost the name of the planet and had only a partial spelling of it and came up with Morriband? It is possible that they lost track of the planet during a time of upheaval and it was just discovered by Yoda through Quigon?

From a parallel thread in the "Star Wars" forum:

Looks like Moraband and Korriban ARE the same and it's been acknowledged, officially.

http://aceofgeeks.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-final-season-of-clone-wars-preview.html

Spoliers, however.

Could the new Flashpoint address this?

Relevant part of the article:

During a meeting with George Lucas, Lucas stated that he felt “Korriban” sounded too much like “Coruscant,” and wanted the name changed. This was discussed a bit in the Q&A, when Leland Chee suggested that often planets can have multiple names, and that may be a way to rectify this in the forthcoming canon. In general, it seemed to be a change that was completely out of the hands of Dave Filoni and was entirely a George Lucas decision.

....George freaking Lucas does it again. :jawa_wink: