BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.

Ashuranrx

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please learn what the relics do before posting all kinds of nonsense on the forums about what you think they do. It's possible to get the power increase 4x yes, one proc from each relic for healing and one proc for dmg from both relics.

HOWEVER, when they reproc, the power you gained just lasts longer, so your conq relic buff of +435 power lasts for 6-12 seconds (based on when it proc'd, it could only be 7 seconds if it double procs one second after the first). You never get close to 1600 power off of both relics alone. the most you get is 845 power.

perhaps im wrong, i havent tested it for myself. i have seen several folks post that the relic do actually stack 4x power, and dont just increase duration. however, that is neither here nor there.

the RNG proc relics need to go, and we need the flat bonus relics back.

Apart from snipers i dont see the issue with it not being fair? Especially when we all have access to the relics.

That being said they should share cooldowns as standard

This doesn't make sense. Are you saying that it is ok for Snipers to be not fair? Since it is fair for everyone except Snipers? If so, then you know that there is an imbalance and you are OK with it?

If this was truely OK, then people would not have complain on the forum about being smashed with 9k+ and get bursted down in a few GCD; and people would not have complain about healers being OP with bursty heals and negate the DPS thrown at them. All these complaints on bursty damage and heals are caused by power relic procs, not by the classes that dealt the damage and healed. Better balance cannot be acheived with drastic variables like these messing the system with RNGs.

• Dev Post

Hi there folks,

Relics procs of the same type shouldn't stack, and we have this bug fixed for Game Update 2.1.1. Because the fix is still in testing, there's always the chance that it will be moved to a different patch. If so, I'll be sure to let you know!

:ph_thank_you:

~Amber

Edited by AmberGreen

Hi there folks,

Relics of the same type shouldn't stack, and we have this bug fixed for Game Update 2.1.1. Because the fix is still in testing, there's always the chance that it will be moved to a different patch. If so, I'll be sure to let you know!

~Amber

So how exactly will using two of them work then?

Hi there folks,

Relics of the same type shouldn't stack, and we have this bug fixed for Game Update 2.1.1. Because the fix is still in testing, there's always the chance that it will be moved to a different patch. If so, I'll be sure to let you know!

~Amber

Can't you just give us flats relics instead of proc's?!

Hi there folks,

Relics procs of the same type shouldn't stack, and we have this bug fixed for Game Update 2.1.1. Because the fix is still in testing, there's always the chance that it will be moved to a different patch. If so, I'll be sure to let you know!

~Amber

Again, incompetent developers and designers. You're creating a bandaid fix for a broken mechanic that needs a redesign. The whole RNG factor of PvP blew up in your face before, and you're regressing only to have it blow up in your face again.

Hi there folks,

~Amber

Thank you very much for the reply, Amber. Since a BW rep responded to this thread stating that PvP power relic procs stacking is not working as intended design and a fix for it is coming in the near future, I won't be bumping this thread anymore.

I would also like to take this chance to propose for flat stats relics like the old WH and EWH relics pre 2.0, instead of having proc type relics like we do now for PvP. This will eliminate the RNG variable from relics in an already RNG heavy system (crit chance, defense chance, shield chance... etc.) for PvP, and allow the devs to achieve better balance by pinpointing abnormal behavior in numbers during PvP combat easier with less RNG involved.

Thank you very much.

Hi there folks,

~Amber

So it will be even tougher to deal with healers. Is that something you plan on dealing with in 2.1.1?

Hi there folks,

~Amber

any news on returning relics to a flat stat increase? adding more RNG to PvP is never a good thing.

Hi there folks,

~Amber

Can we exact clarification:

1 - When you say "type" you mean that that these are the different types:

Proc Power

Proc Damage

Proc Defense

Those are 3 different types, so if you have a Proc Power and a Proc Damage, then they shouldn't interfere with each other, at all, correct? So, essentially you could have one attack proc both your power and your damage relics.

2 - The on-proc damage relic also states that it gives a 4.5 second global lock-down. But this should only affects other "on-proc damage" relics as well right? I don't want a on-proc power causing the 4.5 window on my on-proc and I don't want the on-proc damage causing a window on my on-proc power.

3 - Currently your pvp ones can proc from both healing and damaging, individually. I want assurances that the power surge gained will trigger a 20 second cooldown, entirely, on any more power surges (through healing and/or damage), not just on each one. That way you can't get 2 surges active on one relic (Snipers and Ann Marauders can do this with ease).

I just want this spelled out because I don't like assuming you guys are on the same page with us and then come the patch that releases the "fix", it doesn't really fix it the way we assumed it would be and you guys come back and say it's now "wording as intended" and we were wrong to assume otherwise.

So it will be even tougher to deal with healers. Is that something you plan on dealing with in 2.1.1?

No, it won't be. Healers got crazy burst healing right now from power relic proc stacking too. Eliminating power relic proc stacking, or better yet, eliminating relic procs altogether, will give us a better picture if healers are indeed too powerful right now, or if it is power relic proc stacking made them scale way too good.

In general, power scale better with healing than damage because healers don't have to worry about healing missing. So they can invest more in surge and alacrity, which scale better with power.

Hi there folks,

~Amber

Someone from Bioware on the PVP forums.

/like like like

Nope. They never stated it was a bug, and they never mentioned plans to have relics like the EWH where there were flat relics. This game is slowly killing itself.

When else have two relics with the same suffix ever stacked? Why would it not work with Partisan/Arkhanian or Conq/Campaign with the same suffix? This was, at least to me, an obvious bug. X relic of Y and Z relic of Y don't stack in any other circumstance in this game. Glad I just got the two different relics that have good synergy for my class.

Edited by Battyone