Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

TripleCharged

I hate when people point that skill out, it has its uses, but it does not seem to work. If I see someone stealth, I put the scan were they should be, and they are not there. And the cooldown on it is 20 seconds while it only lasts for 10 seconds, making an easy window for any intelligent stealther to come in and slaughter me.

When you're waiting for a cooldown on any kind of scanning mechanism your class may have, use an AOE (damage brings them out of stealth). If you're still not picking something up, you're simply checking the wrong spot.

As others have said, stealth is pretty much all these classes have. If you catch them out of stealth, theyre pretty much screwed.

ps: I'm a DPS sorc and DPS merc (not rolled into one...however.......lol)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Push em off you.

Stun

Root

Cure

Pop defensive CDs

Heal

Any combination of the above1

Oh.. and back into a wall. Some of them are so frantically running around, it is like you stun them in real life when you do that.

Edited by Technohic

Alright, I'm going to start off by saying that the stealth ac's in this game are not overpowered. I'm sure you won't take me seriously as you can see in my signature I have both of those classes, but you will also notice that I have a mercenary. He is my main, and I've had him since early access. At the start of the game, stealth classes absolutely destroyed me in pvp, but one of the problems was that I was clicking. I've since moved on from that, and I now have everything keybound. And if you don't have your moves keybound, that's your first disadvantage.

You had mentioned that you didn't want to play a stealth class because you hate them. Well I can tell you now, at least leveling one is going to help you tremendously. If you can learn their play style, identify their abilities and their spec, you WILL do better against them.

The last recommendation I can give you is stealth scan. At first, I hardly used this ability, I never even bothered to bind it. But after watching some youtube videos of mercs/pt using it effectively, I've learned that it is absolutely deadly against stealth classes when used effectively. The best way to get good with it is to keybind it to a key you can hit very quickly, and then abuse your power. I have it bound to one of the extra buttons I'm fortunate to have on my mouse, and as soon as the stealther pops his vanish or walks to close that I can see him, I throw it down immediately. And I can tell you from experience of playing my sin and op, you have a bug advantage if you can get them out of stealth before they open on you or try to get away. Also, dot 'em up.

Anyways, I feel like I've been going on and on, and I'm on my phone so typing this is a pain, but I hope I've been able to help.

Edited by mandoforlife

I am look at this from a standpoint of balance, and they are simply not balanced. Also, bring valid arguments to the discussion.

but you're not. you're crying because you can't 1v1 a stealther because your nerves get wrecked and you can't react quick enough

guess what, this game is not balanced around 1v1s

Their DPS is more than sufficient to fight with any class I have played in PVP. Assassins now can take me out in 3 hits, and operatives DPS has always been high enough to kill me faster than I can kill them.

Umm, with all the qqing almost missed this. You are not getting killed in 3 globals while wearing pvp gear. I know I have done it to pve heros, nearly two shotted a dude a couple weeks ago, but never, never to people with appropriate gear. Absolute best case with all cooldowns ready to go and the luck of two crits, is 5 globals on a toon with 1000exp and around 20k HP. And that's assuming no healing, external or internal, and no medpacs or adrenals or defensive cooldowns are used. ( this is for a dps specced Assasin btw, tanksins despite the nerf crowds qq take far longer)

I've always felt the concept of stealth is a horrible thing for PvP. Not because they can't be balanced, but because the perception of other players. People hate feeling like they have no chance, yet if a stealther can't drop someone quickly as designed their pretty much useless.

That being said...

<.< Stealthers aren't that bad. A great one is hell, but only cause they're better than me. For the most part, I do what I can to delay a stealther down when I'm alone. Since I'm a Commando, I also tend to kite them and focus on regaining my health. (Medpak, Instant heal, Heal while their stunned, etc...)

For the most part, a stealther is only dangerous situationally. Avoid those situations.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/h52VqsS/defensive-measures

Stealth scan. Use and abuse it. It's one of the most powerful abilities in the game once you practice using it. The fact that you are a Vanguard Tank makes it so much more powerful since yours roots the targets it reveals.

In your case, I'd recommend rolling a stealth class to see how they work. Take note of common hiding places you use, common routes you use to flank people, and common turret-guarding spots. Understand your enemy first before you complain :p You'll see that (most) stealth classes, hybrid tankassins excluded of course, are much weaker in a straight up fight and rely on their sneakiness and burst damage to kill anyone.

For starters, the easiest way to start your Stealth Scanning adventures is to simply drop it on your stealth-capable enemy once their health becomes low and you think they are about to vanish. Once you've practiced sufficiently with this and understand the stealth classes better, you can have the hotkey at your fingertips and wait until they actually do vanish, and then stealth scan immediately thus rooting them in place.

Stealth scan is great for when they pop their combat exiting cloaking, but other than that, what kind of stealther with half a brain would walk into the insignia area on the ground?

Also, would like to add by saying to the OP that you may have lag issues. When a stealther appears to be killing you before you can react it is because of server lag that makes everything delayed. For example, I have very bad lag sometimes to the point where everything is delayed by five seconds, and the screen won't even register the stealthed opponent till it's too late.

Edited by Solarenergy

Umm, with all the qqing almost missed this. You are not getting killed in 3 globals while wearing pvp gear. I know I have done it to pve heros, nearly two shotted a dude a couple weeks ago, but never, never to people with appropriate gear. Absolute best case with all cooldowns ready to go and the luck of two crits, is 5 globals on a toon with 1000exp and around 20k HP. And that's assuming no healing, external or internal, and no medpacs or adrenals or defensive cooldowns are used. ( this is for a dps specced Assasin btw, tanksins despite the nerf crowds qq take far longer)

I should just tank the fact that I have a vanguard tank out of the equation, because i just do not play him anymore in PVP, he was my first 50, he is geared horribly, and I was a noob when I played him. My Gunslinger is level 50 with 50/50 BM/WH Gear(dirty fighting) and my sage is not level 50 so it is too early to judge on that one. However when I pvp on my Gunslinger I always have major issues with any stealther class. I can tell you from experience many assassins kill me in 3, maybe 4 hits. That is just absurd. THere is no way to respond to that, especially when they still have plenty of hits and controls to hit me with after that if they do fail.

I should just tank the fact that I have a vanguard tank out of the equation, because i just do not play him anymore in PVP, he was my first 50, he is geared horribly, and I was a noob when I played him. My Gunslinger is level 50 with 50/50 BM/WH Gear(dirty fighting) and my sage is not level 50 so it is too early to judge on that one. However when I pvp on my Gunslinger I always have major issues with any stealther class. I can tell you from experience many assassins kill me in 3, maybe 4 hits. That is just absurd. THere is no way to respond to that, especially when they still have plenty of hits and controls to hit me with after that if they do fail.

Assassin pops out of stealth ---> Facetank the first knock down.

Flashbang (aoe instant mez)

Move away and cover *before* the mezz wears off.

Legshot

Entrench+Damage rotation.

If they come after you again, Cover Pulse. ( KB. Not sure the smuggler ability name, I'm a sniper.)

It's also a good idea to get in the habit of dropping orbital strike around you, especially if the stealther is getting low on HP. A lucky tick of orbital strike could knock them out of stealth. Also, Covering Fire is a bit lackluster for damage, but it is an area target ability that could pop them out of stealth.

Because entrench is on a -very- short CD, I'd use it liberally. If I suspect a stealther near me (though not when I'm solo, better to save it) I might even pop it just in case. Worst case scenario, they see it wait for it to wear off (Still buying you some time to ask for back up if feeling vunerable.) Best case (and I laugh when this happens) they waste their opener/stun and I KB them instantly.

Ok thank you, you explained everything here. If ill just ifnore your vanguard (geared one can just use /laugh on scounderel until his health drop to 50 perc and then still kill him), ill ignore your sage, dont know level but on certain level with bubble stun spec you can kite stealthers pretty succesfully. But to qq with pretty geared slinger, who is actually one of the worst enemies for stealthers is just ridiculous. Seriously sir, youre not doing it correct. Think about advices you get from ppl here playing this class successfully.

PS: Next time pls go to your class section and put the question like "have serious problem to defeat certain class, can anyone help me?" before you visit pvp forum and start to call for nerfs. And as the others mention, try to play both stealth class. You will see that youll not be the king of the battlefield as you think they are.

Thank you again.

PS: Next time pls go to your class section and put the question like "have serious problem to defeat certain class, can anyone help me?" before you visit pvp forum and start to call for nerfs. And as the others mention, try to play both stealth class. You will see that youll not be the king of the battlefield as you think they are.

Thank you again.

such a wise post

+1 sir

OP, listen to this guy

Edited by FourTwent

By stealth classes, you mean mara/sents (with their short stealth) and assassins/shadows right?

Because anyone over level 45 can handle/kill/get away from ops that aren't in WH!

Oh yeah, nerf op/scou

Edited by Swanea

Their DPS is more than sufficient to fight with any class I have played in PVP. Assassins now can take me out in 3 hits, and operatives DPS has always been high enough to kill me faster than I can kill them.

What 3 abilities were those? Name them.

Oh right, you don't have a combat log, so you also don't know if you got Sniped or ate a Death Field at the same time. You're just like this one Sorcerer who cried for literal HOURS about my supposed 25k damage Sabotage Charge one-shot. This person of course didn't know that I dealt a total of 5.4k damage to them while a Commando, Gunslinger and Sage blasted them from afar. They just saw my Shoot First, then Sabo Charge, then they were dead and cried foul.

Proof, man. Exaggerations and your own limited perception mean nothing. PLAY a stealth class before you cry.

What 3 abilities were those? Name them.

Oh right, you don't have a combat log, so you also don't know if you got Sniped or ate a Death Field at the same time. You're just like this one Sorcerer who cried for literal HOURS about my supposed 25k damage Sabotage Charge one-shot. This person of course didn't know that I dealt a total of 5.4k damage to them while a Commando, Gunslinger and Sage blasted them from afar. They just saw my Shoot First, then Sabo Charge, then they were dead and cried foul.

Proof, man. Exaggerations and your own limited perception mean nothing. PLAY a stealth class before you cry.

I do have combat logs, and I usally try to run a parser. I can not name the skills that kill me but I see my health move down in 25%+ chunks each time an assassin hits me.

Am I the only one that feels this way? Every time I pvp, whether it be on my VanguardTank, my Gunslinger, or my SageDPS. Stealth classes slaughter me and many other people I see. The is no good, reliable way to counter a stealth class. They can run away from a losing fight with a single button click. They can pop out of stealth and take your health down(or kill you) before their stuns are finished to the point where you are unable to combat them anymore. Even if these classes did not have stealth they would be able to stand their own in a PVP match cause they are strong enough without it, but when you add stealth to the equation they become nearly unstoppable in 1v1 fights. Many of my deaths come from some stealther sitting around waiting for me to walk by them, or singling me out as I am on my way to battle, or as I am defending a turret they come up and stealth kill me, giving me the choice of calling out to my teammates and dieing, or trying to fight them and usually lose.

Simple Solution: boost assassins nerf operatives.

Problem solved.

Not a L2P issue at all in any way shape or form.

Am I the only one that feels this way? Every time I pvp, whether it be on my VanguardTank, my Gunslinger, or my SageDPS. Stealth classes slaughter me and many other people I see. The is no good, reliable way to counter a stealth class. They can run away from a losing fight with a single button click. They can pop out of stealth and take your health down(or kill you) before their stuns are finished to the point where you are unable to combat them anymore. Even if these classes did not have stealth they would be able to stand their own in a PVP match cause they are strong enough without it, but when you add stealth to the equation they become nearly unstoppable in 1v1 fights. Many of my deaths come from some stealther sitting around waiting for me to walk by them, or singling me out as I am on my way to battle, or as I am defending a turret they come up and stealth kill me, giving me the choice of calling out to my teammates and dieing, or trying to fight them and usually lose.

Would you like to record and post a video of your gameplay so we can determin whats wrong here?

Because i suspect its you, your not even full wh, if u meet a steather who is full wh+modded hes gonna rip you apart ofcourse, or are you talking about bm geared stealthers?

Edited by Zeaza

Would you like to record and post a video of your gameplay so we can determin whats wrong here?

i imagine this would help

individual class forums are great to post this and get feedback on how to improve your game overall or even just 1v1 against another class

I dont feel like reading through a mess of text to find the names, and I do not read the log in my chat every time I die.

So in summation, you don't know what's killing you, ("I can not name the skills that kill me") but they kill you in 3 hits ("Assassins can now take me out in three hits") and hit you for 25% per hit ("I see my health move down in 25%+ chunks each time an assassin hits me").

Seems legit.