1st Annual Harbinger Dream Matches Coming Soon!

Nokecity

This event has been cancelled due to the way this thread was going which was the total opposite of the idea I had planned. In better news it seems as though I have inspired others to start events for the server, good luck guys and remember to have fun at all times lol.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I give up....have you ever dueled as darkness spec in proper dps gear? piddly dmg? not enough gap closer? ww self heal, how about vanish mindtrap? gotta save your cc break for that ww at least, what other cc do you really need to watch out for?

Ccs for both classes:

Bubble stun, electrocute, spike, ww, mind trap

Kiting for both classes: knock back, force slow, creeping terror, overload snare talent and force speed

Gap closers: force speed force slow and force pull

Look at the list. Sorc has more and better when you're in darkness

The damage on shock thrash and wither are like 1700 each assuming you even get in range. Lightning is big but only works once. The other damage skills won't do enough dps with all the kiting to break the bubble/heals combo.

And yes I've spent a great deal of time dueling psirebral and Darc from darkness with dps gear. What sorc are you dueling?

Ccs for both classes:

Bubble stun, electrocute, spike, ww, mind trap

Kiting for both classes: knock back, force slow, creeping terror, overload snare talent and force speed

Gap closers: force speed force slow and force pull

Look at the list. Sorc has more and better when you're in darkness

The damage on shock thrash and wither are like 1700 each assuming you even get in range. Lightning is big but only works once. The other damage skills won't do enough dps with all the kiting to break the bubble/heals combo.

And yes I've spent a great deal of time dueling psirebral and Darc from darkness with dps gear. What sorc are you dueling?

Last time I dueled Darc as full darkness (31/1/9 I think I was? Was after that last 2v2 tourney thing that happened, so a while ago) I am fairly sure I beat him every time. Not sure if he plays a different spec now, but it worked pretty well back then. Of course it's quite possible he was drunk at the time, but when is he not!

I dueled Darc like 20 times in all the various specs and the results were about 50/50 in madness and he killed me in every other spec, and this was shortly after I completed my dps min maxing

I'm not calling any of you liars but given the abilities I listed above I don't see how it's possible to keep range vs a sorc for any amount of time outside of madness where your attacks are ranged and you get a snare

If you guys want we can do more sets when I get back to my home in Hawaii and straighten this all out

Edited by JP_Legatus

I dueled Darc like 20 times in all the various specs and the results were about 50/50 in madness and he killed me in every other spec, and this was shortly after I completed my dps min maxing

I'm not calling any of you liars but given the abilities I listed above I don't see how it's possible to keep range vs a sorc for any amount of time outside of madness where your attacks are ranged and you get a snare

If you guys want we can do more sets when I get back to my home in Hawaii and straighten this all out

We were absolutely not 50/50 in anything. Pretty sure I only lost 2 or 3 duels out of the very large amount we did.

Ya in total we dueled about 20 you won 17 and 6 of those or so I was in madness. I know you remember all "three" of your losses being to madness which is the point I'm making here. Madness performed better than darkness and deception. Would you not agree that's how it turned out? If all you care about is your epeen ill be happy to change the numbers to 45 losses 2 wins and both wins in madness but I'm certain you remember at least something similar to 17-3 or 17-2 and about 50/50 or slightly better against madness because the one thing I learned from those duels is that I'm not killing good sorcs with a build that doesn't include creeping terror. Edited by JP_Legatus

This event has been cancelled due to the way this thread was going which was the total opposite of the idea I had planned. In better news it seems as though I have inspired others to start events for the server, good luck guys and remember to have fun at all times lol.

It was a good idea man. You gotta remember for a lot of people it is really hard to be good at a video game without it going to their head.

Maybe give it some time for people's epeens to grow flaccid, then start it again with the condition that people are only allowed to nominate (and talk about) people other than themselves.

Great idea, note worthy effort.

Unfortunately, its all fun and games until someone gets punched in their epeen. Then **** gets real.

It was a good idea man. You gotta remember for a lot of people it is really hard to be good at a video game without it going to their head.

Maybe give it some time for people's epeens to grow flaccid, then start it again with the condition that people are only allowed to nominate (and talk about) people other than themselves.

Yeah maybe your right, but hey atleast others are promoting stuff now.

I may have missed it, but it didn't seem like ppl mentioning about LOS. Ther terrain when dueling sorcs/hybrid operatives is a huge factor for their survivability. If they got a pillar to do some humping, then likely the fight will drag out a little more. Overall when playing the Sin tank, You're the cat, every other class is a mouse :D

I may have missed it, but it didn't seem like ppl mentioning about LOS. Ther terrain when dueling sorcs/hybrid operatives is a huge factor for their survivability. If they got a pillar to do some humping, then likely the fight will drag out a little more. Overall when playing the Sin tank, You're the cat, every other class is a mouse :D

No point mentioning, it is pretty much assumed that you will take advantage of whatever area you are in. Of course, the fight is completely different on open terrain vs. los, but lots of los doesn't necessarily helps casters who needs to dps if you watch their cast bars. Snipers, and sorc channeling being examples. A lot of los is really beneficial to classes who rely heavily on instant hits that have some range, like deceptions assassins, and dot specs. (Did not mention healers here because it is assumed :p).

Edited by Dierdrea

I've already listed the abilities both classes have and the sorc has more snares so idk how you end up being able to control the distance. On top of that the only spec I've ever Killed good sorcs with is madness so again idk. All the actual non-opinion evidence seems to me like its clearly in my favor. I'm very familiar with every spec I can tell you all the rotations and gear setup by heart for all the specs and hybrids

And I couldn't give a crap about someone's epeen I'm just looking for the truth

Tell you what though it doesn't seem like debating the issue is going to resolve anything so how about we just set up some duels and settle it that way and let the duels thread go back to its intended purpose. Darth Plaje look for me in fleet anytime after jan 2 when I get back from the holiday trip

Edited by JP_Legatus

I've already listed the abilities both classes have and the sorc has more snares so idk how you end up being able to control the distance. On top of that the only spec I've ever Killed good sorcs with is madness so again idk. All the actual non-opinion evidence seems to me like its clearly in my favor. I'm very familiar with every spec I can tell you all the rotations and gear setup by heart for all the specs and hybrids

And I couldn't give a crap about someone's epeen I'm just looking for the truth

Tell you what though it doesn't seem like debating the issue is going to resolve anything so how about we just set up some duels and settle it that way and let the duels thread go back to its intended purpose. Darth Plaje look for me in fleet anytime after jan 2 when I get back from the holiday trip

Listing skills without explain how they work and how they are different is pointless. And tbh dueling me won't solve anything for you against sorcs. I am not a sorc after all. All I can say is I tried to help and gl to your sorc duels in the future. I would be interested in dueling the sorcs you lose to though so I will ask you when I get back. I certainly can use the practice. I know exactly who you are and that is why I took the time to explain in these posts.

Edited by Dierdrea

Well obviously I don't mean dueling you

I mean you and me and some other people and sorcs mess around a bit and do some dueling in different specs

I've decided when I come back from vacation I'm going to spend more time dueling because that seems to be the only way to get the kind of fights where you learn anything. Warzone a are mostly just a zergfest an the better Zerg usually wins with a bit of stealth play here an there

Edited by JP_Legatus