To Keith: A request on CXP for dailies

TheGreatHambino

Keith, according to the recaps I've read you stated during the live stream that the daily area CXP will be dropped back to 75 per mission next week, and that you are discussing with the team how you can increase CXP for everything.

My request is simple: Please don't reduce CXP until you have something to substitute it with. The increase in XP has definitely led to me playing the game much more often, visiting areas I haven't seen in a very long time. Given the instance population in these areas, I'm quite certain I'm not the only one. Taking away a reason to play the game without adding a different incentive doesn't seem like a wise decision.

Keith, according to the recaps I've read you stated during the live stream that the daily area CXP will be dropped back to 75 per mission next week, and that you are discussing with the team how you can increase CXP for everything.

My request is simple: Please don't reduce CXP until you have something to substitute it with. The increase in XP has definitely led to me playing the game much more often, visiting areas I haven't seen in a very long time. Given the instance population in these areas, I'm quite certain I'm not the only one. Taking away a reason to play the game without adding a different incentive doesn't seem like a wise decision.

I Second that feeling as well. For once it did not feel as too much GRIND but tolerable. Balance first before removing ANY progress. This is NOT an exploit but a betterment of quality of life for players. If they ever care about this game they should take feedback and act upon it too.

With all due respect but they're on a big project called server merges for the next month and then their next step is to bring out 5.6 a few weeks after that will have some big changes for CXP gain already planned.

I'm sure it sucks for you to have to wait a month or two but I'm thinking that their reaction to this is going to be http://i.lvme.me/jaa7pj5.jpg

With all due respect but they're on a big project called server merges for the next month and then their next step is to bring out 5.6 a few weeks after that will have some big changes for CXP gain already planned.

I'm sure it sucks for you to have to wait a month or two but I'm thinking that their reaction to this is going to be http://i.lvme.me/jaa7pj5.jpg

Likely so. I guess I misunderstood something that was said earlier (can't remember which of the guys said it) and got the impression that it was something they would have worked out sooner rather than later. In fact, I felt that it would be resolved BEFORE the upcoming "bigger" stuff. I'm too lazy to troll through all these threads to find that and will accept that I had a bad case of "wishful thinking".

There is zero reason for them to "fix" CXP values for dailies before many of the other long standing bugs in this game. I mean if they have the priority of server merges to deal with, fixing CXP values on dailies should be the very last thing on their minds.

Zero reason to do it, it isn't a priority, it made players happier. So why has a developer even spent time doing this? What an utter waste of resources that could have been put to better use somewhere else.

I have to agree with this. I hadn't even bothered with the whole command thing before this. It was just so slow. Now I have one at 300 and two others nearly there. I still have toons I haven't even started it on yet. Please don't drop it back down to 75.

There is zero reason for them to "fix" CXP values for dailies before many of the other long standing bugs in this game. I mean if they have the priority of server merges to deal with, fixing CXP values on dailies should be the very last thing on their minds.

Zero reason to do it, it isn't a priority, it made players happier. So why has a developer even spent time doing this? What an utter waste of resources that could have been put to better use somewhere else.

I second that.

I Second that feeling as well. For once it did not feel as too much GRIND but tolerable. Balance first before removing ANY progress. This is NOT an exploit but a betterment of quality of life for players. If they ever care about this game they should take feedback and act upon it too.

Amen, the CXP at these levels feels right where it should have been since 5.0 launched because we can gear out main, off spec, and alts in a normal amount of time instead of just exclusively grinding our main. That means that I can finally enjoy the game and do other activities instead of grinding. It also means that I can raid more because I have more than one serviceable toon so I can run group finder on off nights, help my guild's other raid teams when they need a sub and honestly just enjoy the game. As Keith stated, with the increased CXP the players have been happier and honestly from the drastic increase in numbers of players in daily zones more active.

I can't be bothered with it at the current rate, so I don't think fixing it would do any good.

A significant increase across the board would, however.

I admin that you're gotten my interest. Your statement is a bit vague, is the current rate too little for your, do you think it too much? Why can't you be bothered when you can gear a toon well in a couple of weeks without boosts?

I admin that you're gotten my interest. Your statement is a bit vague, is the current rate too little for your, do you think it too much? Why can't you be bothered when you can gear a toon well in a couple of weeks without boosts?

I've hit tier 3 now and I've started to realise the grind for CXP is turning into a job. I'm not enjoying doing it. The purpose of videogames is enjoyment. It's why I stopped playing JRPGs due to excessive grind in some of them.

It's similar to how I don't understand why some people log in and do nothing but gawk at the GTN. That also seems dangerously close to being a job too.

I want to play a videogame, not take up another job. Hence why I'm just not interested anymore.

Now if they branch it out to more places my interest may increase. However the whole system is flawed, if BW spread all that high end gear throughout the existing content we'd have a videogame again.

Tier 1 through lower end content, Tier 2 through intermediate content and 3 and 4 through high end stuff.

One more thing as well, I hate PUGs and my guilds have precious few members these days, even getting the active members talking is a struggle never mind grouping up. So that kinda renders grinding CXP pointless too.

Maybe the mergers will improve the latter situation, I guess we'll see. For now CXP is grinding for the sake of grinding, so I'm not doing it.

Tl;Dr : CXP = Job so not doing it.

Tell that to the number of people doing dailies these days...Don't take my word for it but just go to any dailies and you will see a number of players you never seen before in a single map. At times, there are too many that you need to use a PvP map to finish up a daily. Again, for some probably NOT important but from what I have seen there are a lot more people doing dailies these days than ever before. For them it would be a huge disappointment if this is not thought well before implementing something permanent.

Keith, you are doing a great job at the moment and you are a very busy man so how about you don't bother "fixing" this "bug" until next year when you have more time? Many, many players have said that this "bug" was the best thing that has happened since CG began.

Amen, the CXP at these levels feels right where it should have been since 5.0 launched because we can gear out main, off spec, and alts in a normal amount of time instead of just exclusively grinding our main. That means that I can finally enjoy the game and do other activities instead of grinding. It also means that I can raid more because I have more than one serviceable toon so I can run group finder on off nights, help my guild's other raid teams when they need a sub and honestly just enjoy the game. As Keith stated, with the increased CXP the players have been happier and honestly from the drastic increase in numbers of players in daily zones more active.

This is exactly how I feel. It's faster to gear through Ops, but the increase in CXP has felt like a fair supplement to the traditional gearing route.

I wish they would too, but since they have already kept it around much longer than they thought they would I can't see it happening as although I will nearly hit my first 300 before it finishes even I have to admit it's disproportionate to the rest of the game currently.

Maybe they would consider reducing it by maybe 25-33% which would still make them worth running but not overly disproportionate any longer. Maybe this could increase again depending on what else they decide to do with the other cxp gain rates.

Edited by Jedi_riches

It has me doing dailies. That is is all. If the CxP goes down to 25 or something, the pay out will be too low and it will just be back to grinding hammer station/atthis.

It might a bit too high atm but it should be higher than it was before the big. I get a couple levels doing a flashpoint typically, so getting a level or two knocking out a daily area would be comparable

It has me doing dailies. That is is all. If the CxP goes down to 25 or something, the pay out will be too low and it will just be back to grinding hammer station/atthis.

It might a bit too high atm but it should be higher than it was before the big. I get a couple levels doing a flashpoint typically, so getting a level or two knocking out a daily area would be comparable

That's why I said reduce by 25%-33% with player unlocks and consumables you get approx 2500 cxp currently reducing that by a 3rd would give approx 1600 cxp per daily plus once you hit level 300 you will be getting a 100% increase (per the road map) so pre a rank 300 it will grant maybe 2-3 for something like black hole it will jump back to 4-6 once the cxp boost goes to 100%

They ARE increasing CXP across the board, by up to +75% CXP for sub 300's. They're also giving us another +100% CXP week along with it.

But of course some people just can't have enough and want to put in minimal effort for maximum reward.

Edited by Eli_Porter

They ARE increasing CXP across the board, by up to +75% CXP for sub 300's. They're also giving us another +100% CXP week along with it.

But of course some people just can't have enough and want to put in minimal effort for maximum reward.

I do think it's in human nature to want all the things.🤔

why oh why do you only think in extremes?

What is wrong with keeping it the way it is!? I bet even Keith wouldn't have as many toons at 300 IF it weren't for this bug.

it is still grindy enough to level to 300 IF you want to do other things and maybe have a life & work.

why oh why do you only think in extremes?

What is wrong with keeping it the way it is!? I bet even Keith wouldn't have as many toons at 300 IF it weren't for this bug.

it is still grindy enough to level to 300 IF you want to do other things and maybe have a life & work.

Keith had multiple 300's way before this bug. Same for me.

What's wrong with keeping it the way it is?

A. It's a boring activity (and this is coming from someone with almost 10 300's)

B. It doesn't involve grouping so people who actually like playing with others are left out

C. You don't need it to reach 300 (but they're buffing rates anyway)

D. You don't need command ranks to get decent gear (Legacy transferred mods/enhs, EV+KP HM, Unassembled Components, crafted implants/earpiece/hilt).

Edited by Eli_Porter

Keith had multiple 300's way before this bug. Same for me.

What's wrong with keeping it the way it is?

A. It's a boring activity (and this is coming from someone with almost 10 300's)

B. It doesn't involve grouping so people who actually like playing with others are left out

C. You don't need it to reach 300 (but they're buffing rates anyway)

D. You don't need command ranks to get decent gear (Legacy transferred mods/enhs, EV+KP HM, Unassembled Components, crafted implants/earpiece/hilt).

define "multiple" - if he has "only" 9 now then he most certainly took advantage of the bug and didn't have many before ;)

A: for you maybe - but not for everyone - I like them

B: you can do them in a group or BW could increase CXP earned in group content ;)

C: of course you don't - that*s not the point

D: see C:

it just seems that some people have the feeling that getting to 300 feels like a job, like work - and a video game should first and foremost be fun ... so if grinding the dailies now feels less like work and instead fun & rewarding then let me ask you this instead:

Would it harm you in any way IF the bug stays?

I don't think it does.

define "multiple" - if he has "only" 9 now then he most certainly took advantage of the bug and didn't have many before ;)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9330079#edit9330079

Keith had "4 characters at Command Rank 300, and another 12+ characters at max level or close" four months ago, and there have been numerous buffs to CXP since then.

A: for you maybe - but not for everyone - I like them

I liked them too at the start, but after repeating them a few times they got old quick. And I'm not someone who gets bored easily.

B: you can do them in a group or BW could increase CXP earned in group content ;)

They are increasing the CXP earned in group content in a few days with the CXP event and the new legacy perk.

C: of course you don't - that*s not the point

D: see C:

If you don't think 300 is needed, why treat it like a job and grind for it?

it just seems that some people have the feeling that getting to 300 feels like a job, like work - and a video game should first and foremost be fun ... so if grinding the dailies now feels less like work and instead fun & rewarding then let me ask you this instead:

Would it harm you in any way IF the bug stays?

I don't think it does.

It would harm me because I can't form groups while people grind dailies instead. It would harm the game as a whole since this is an MMORPG, not a solo farm adventure.

Edited by Eli_Porter