So since I am restarting...

Kekasih

... As the Sith Warrior / Jedi Knight's success at high levels been addressed. I remember this being a big issue after launch, where I was interested in playing these classes but all of the speed levelers complained that they were so much weaker solo than the Inquistors / Sage. Hoping they have been pulled up to being equal. :-)

Also was hoping that you could reset your specialization, but I knew that was too much to hope for. LOL I am not sure I would ever tank, but the idea of playing a Juggernaught seems pretty awesome. Just hate to commit to only one lightsaber. :-)

Thanks again for your help.

Ok, that was a little rambly. I apologize.

The question was this. Right now:

a) Are all classes balanced for solo PvE play through the entire game? Are their any better at soloing than others?

b) Has the Sith Warrior's / Juggernaught's DPS been equalized that they can participate in a group in a non-tanking role? Is it equal to a Maurader's?

Thanks for your help. Sorry about the rambling first message.

a) Are all classes balanced for solo PvE play through the entire game? Are their any better at soloing than others?

I had no problem going through my story line. If this is your 2nd+ time through, all that presence you'll have will make it cake. If you have enough Presence, just grab a DPS companion and burn through all the mobs faster than they could ever dream of killing you two. If not, your healer is the second companion you get. With him out and outfitted, I was in DPS spec for most of my leveling.

b) Has the Sith Warrior's / Juggernaught's DPS been equalized that they can participate in a group in a non-tanking role? Is it equal to a Maurader's?

IDK about that. I DPS on my Jugg as well and really enjoy it. It seems to be pretty good and stuff gets killed.

Very interesting. Ok, a couple of questions.

First off... 2nd+ time through? I'm afraid I stopped playing previously when my characters were about level 30 so this is still my first time through. I am highly curious - what happens the '2nd' time through that gives you all that presense? Legacy bonuses? You can't really go through twice with the SAME toon right?

Second (and on a related but distinct topic), I remember when I started really only slicing and biochem were viable as professions. Are any good money making ventures now, or am I still better to go all gathering, sell everything, and work the AH?

Thanks again for all your help! Getting excited about getting into the game again!

I am highly curious - what happens the '2nd' time through that gives you all that presense? Legacy bonuses? You can't really go through twice with the SAME toon right?

Completing the affection-based (non-relationship) conversations (and missions) for your companions grants you +10 presence per companions. You also get a one-time bonus to healing received, surge, hp, crit and... something else... depending on which of the 5 companion types (Medic, Ranged Tank, Melee Tank, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS) you have unlocked.

Also, if you level a human character up to 50, or have a relatively low Legacy level(8 I think) and pay 500,000 credits, you get a +100 presence bonus, which makes a huge difference at low levels and a nice boost at higher ones.

Armstech, Armormech and Synthweaving have a nice viability niche now in form of augments and augmented orange gear. This will be a bit different with 1.3 since those professions will craft augment kits that anyone can use. But they're a more viable choice now than at launch, I think.

Your original post asked about changing specialization. You may reset your skill tree as often as you like - it costs extra each time but the costs reset to 0 each week. So if you pick Guardian / Juggernaut, you can switch between DPS-specialized and tank-specialized with no problem. But you cannot, ever, change your Advanced Class. So no changing between one and two lightsabers, I'm afraid.

Greetings everyone!

We appreciate everyone's helpful and constructive responses!

We just wanted you to know that you can also head over to our Classes Forums (more specifically in regards to our Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight sections) which may also help with any questions that you might have! There are often community created guides stickied at the top of the forum which can give you more information about a specific class or Advanced Class.

Have fun and we hope this helps! :jawa_smile:

A. Eh, I wouldn't say balanced per se, but there isn't a class that can't solo thanks to the companion system.

B. Is Jugg DPS equal to a Marauder's? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *breathes* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No. Even dps specced Juggs have noticeably lower dps than every other class. It takes longer to kill anything and everything on my Jugg.