Jugg vs Mara pvp duel

Kurnis

So I see a lot of debates about which to pick, and I know the difference between the two's playstyles and abilities...but I was wondering, when a jugg and a mara meet in pvp and its pretty much a 1v1 who usually comes out on top? (assuming each is running the common viable build)

Annihilation, even post nerf on the self-heals, with all your cooldowns off is perhaps the strongest dueling spec in the game. Its a LOT of damage, with as said very solid defensive cooldowns.

However, they made a few tweaks to vengeance via Enraged defense that I suppose could give a marauder a good run for its money, but done right you can just have the jug sit out his defensive cd and you will most likely outlast him.

I did beat a marauder in open world pvp who force-flagged my tank-jug by standing in my aoe while I was soloing a champ. Guy failed to kill me with all my cd down, but from what I saw was not very good.

Depends nearly entirely on skill, timing, and how well you built your build. I've seen juggernauts destroy marauders. And marauders destroy juggernauts. It can be done either way. I disagree that one of the classes would completely outperform the other.

Depends nearly entirely on skill, timing, and how well you built your build. I've seen juggernauts destroy marauders. And marauders destroy juggernauts. It can be done either way. I disagree that one of the classes would completely outperform the other.

While this is true, a marauder still has the upper hand in a theoretical, even setting. It is as you say. Player, gear and talent setup matters the most. This post makes it look as if jugg is a worse class, which is not the case at all.

Does that answer your question?

But in all seriousness, a Carnage/Annihilation Mara should always and I mean ALWAYS beat a Jugg no matter what spec the latter uses - assuming that they are equally geared and skilled.

Rage vs. Rage (which isn't exactly an unlikely situation these days) could go either way, though.

Well, I guess a Vengeance Jugg could win against "any" Marauder if he's lucky with Ravage resets.

Edited by jupezz

I found sentinels to be EXTREMELY weak, guardians however were very very powerful. I have level 50 in both and I was always dying and needing help with my sentinel whereas my (sith pureblood) guardian is extremely hard.

You are doing something very, very, very wrong.