Question of the Day 5/20/2013

Light and dark brown. But I want black and dark brown please.

This is my favorite as well. It looks really great with my Cathar's trooper-armor. Will use it on a few companions as well. Stacked up on the now when they were out really cheap on the GTN. Got a few packs as well, about 5 I would say. Most interesting dye I got was white/black which I don't personally need but it will be a great gift for a friend.

Would very much like to see a black and dark brown. And more muted colors, at the moment they are just a little bit too bright. It is still fun to play around the dyes but more options would be great :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which of our new Dye Modules is your favorite?

Personal Answer: The black and black dye mod is my favorite. Simple and chic.

Same here, black and black. There are hardly any other options that don't make you look like a clown unfortunately :( I'd love to use black and back on a couple of leveling sets for my small assassin, but i'm not using any cartel coins, even the complimentary ones, on anything cartel market related, and i don't have 4+ million credits for a single leveling set.

Of course they get unlimited access to dyes. They are developers, why would they want to play with the restrictions that us subscribers have?

First, they are not developers, they are just community managers. Second, i'm pretty sure they play the same way as any of us, with the very same restrictions. They may even play in your guild secretly and you don't even realize it :) CM's may actually have some special discounts on cartel market stuff as Bioware employees, but it's definitely not free for them.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Thank you, I really hope she answers it for me.

I do too. I think she owes you an answer after taunting us by declaring the most epically "rare" color, her "favorite". Had she picked purple, nobody would care, but to pretend that she got black/black the same way any sub did, is sheer folly.

Same here, black and black. There are hardly any other options that don't make you look like a clown unfortunately :( I'd love to use black and back on a couple of leveling sets for my small assassin, but i'm not using any cartel coins, even the complimentary ones, on anything cartel market related, and i don't have 4+ million credits for a single leveling set.

First, they are not developers, they are just community managers. Second, i'm pretty sure they play the same way as any of us, with the very same restrictions. They may even play in your guild secretly and you don't even realize it :) CM's may actually have some special discounts on cartel market stuff as Bioware employees, but it's definitely not free for them.

I doubt she purchased Cartel Packs to get the dye.

I doubt she purchased the dye itself.

I do too. I think she owes you an answer after taunting us by declaring the most epically "rare" color, her "favorite". Had she picked purple, nobody would care, but to pretend that she got black/black the same way any sub did, is sheer folly.

Uhm... I lucked out and got white/black on just a few packs. A friend got some other rare combo. Why be so mean to her? She could have gotten it in a pack, it could have been a gift from a good friend like I intend to give mine away. You do not know how she got it, only that she likes this armor dye.

I really see no reason to be mean to Courtney. Don't like the system fine, but I am sad to see people treating her this way.

Edited by SilentKitty

I'd like the dye packs better if my Organa Statesmens leggings didn't look like they had been acid washed back in the 80s... or maybe they got thrown into the wash with a purple prom dress. I was stuck with either splotchy colors (I tried different colors) or stark white pants... :mad:

none of them, I don't have thousands of dollars to spend on the RNG to get the colors I want.

make them not random.

must be nice to not have to worry about randomness like that

Edited by DarthFamine
Just in case it wasnt freaking clear the first time.

Did you get yours from the Cartel market or the GTN? Cause they are selling for 5 mill on the GTN and random chance on Cartel packs which seems likely to be very unlikely to give black black. So how did you get them?

It is? How many Packs did it take you to get it?

I doubt you spent 3mil on the B&B dye.

Who says she has it? You do realise you can preview from the GTN, right?

Your little witch hunt is nothing short of spiteful.

Did you get to choose the dye you wanted for your characters Courtney, since you work for BW?

If not, how many CC did you spend to get it from the random packs?

My answer pink/green.

Now you know you can ask me a lot of money for these ugly colors... Not a nice way to make a survey. Cartel market everywhere. Didn't you understand anything after 2.1 feedback?

Did you get to choose the dye you wanted for your characters Courtney, since you work for BW?

If not, how many CC did you spend to get it from the random packs?

Nope! In fact, I don't actually have the black and black dye mod - it is just my favorite of what I have seen. Hopefully I will get it soon. *fingers crossed*

Nope! In fact, I don't actually have the black and black dye mod - it is just my favorite of what I have seen. Hopefully I will get it soon. *fingers crossed*

My apologies, your initial question read almost gloat like to me.

I'm still very unhappy about the randomness.

Hey everyone,

I have seen a lot of people complaining that our Daily Questions have been more about the Cartel Market. The reason for that is we try to center these questions around the latest updates to the game, which in this case was Game Update 2.1: Customization. This is why our questions focused on some of the key features of that Game Update such as Cathar, Dye Modules, and the Appearance Designer.

When Game Update 2.2 comes out we will move the questions away from the features of Game Update 2.1 to ones that are relevant to that Update.

cant really say, Ive not looked much at them purely because none of my gear on any of my characters have dye slots except for one, but it's already exactly how I like it. my assassin's skirt is dye-able but shes in a security top which cant be colourd, but Id most likely go green/gray just to be rid of that yellow and looks good on her red skin

Hey everyone,

I have seen a lot of people complaining that our Daily Questions have been more about the Cartel Market. The reason for that is we try to center these questions around the latest updates to the game, which in this case was Game Update 2.1: Customization. This is why our questions focused on some of the key features of that Game Update such as Cathar, Dye Modules, and the Appearance Designer.

When Game Update 2.2 comes out we will move the questions away from the features of Game Update 2.1 to ones that are relevant to that Update.

Thank you for acknowledging it Courtney, having someone post about our responses does reinforce the idea that you guys pay attention to these threads for feedback. :) Like I've said before, any complaints I've had about the context of the QotD has not been aimed at you personally, but just been to say that I thought they were a little insensitive - particularly when they were before the team was starting to respond to the community. In fairness, this question is better than the previous two in that it's asking for opinions as opposed to asking what we've purchased (which needless to say was a hot topic), so I'll withdraw my earlier complaint ;).

Looking forward to seeing what the CE dye will be next time round but also hoping for a light red secondary dye to help me work on my Hope trailer Trooper armour! (In case you can pass that on ;) )