Why this game needs more Looking For Group support

And that was my point. I need a different server I think. I've never seen anything even close to 100 players in fleet. Close to 70 was probably the most I've ever seen, and that was a while ago. Planets often have less than 20 people.

I think when populations are this low, we should be looking at server merges or transfers.

Still, a better LFG tool would help, and I don't see how it would hurt if it isn't cross-server.

Well my main reason to be anti LFG group is the fact that i want people to evolve in game communication that is needed for later operations and even in guilds.... i want to encourage social behaviour of learning to write english not clicking on LFG join and then slack.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, I can easily communicate in English, but spamming general chat isn't a comfortable way to make groups. That also leaves us with the problem of people sitting in fleet using general chat there to find people for flashpoints, but the people for the flashpoints are on the planets leveling.

I do look for LFG flagged people, but there aren't that many of them.

Even a server-wide LFG channel you could turn off and on as you please would improve the situation.

I still support a LFG tool though as long as it's not cross-server.

The thing is, I can easily communicate in English, but spamming general chat isn't a comfortable way to make groups. That also leaves us with the problem of people sitting in fleet using general chat there to find people for flashpoints, but the people for the flashpoints are on the planets leveling.

I do look for LFG flagged people, but there aren't that many of them.

Even a server-wide LFG channel you could turn off and on as you please would improve the situation.

I still support a LFG tool though as long as it's not cross-server.

Yeah global server LFG is needed... but problem is the spam might be overwhelming the restriction to post once per 15 sec is needed then or XY seconds.

Else there wil lbe idiots spamming 5 times in a row ...

If i report on my republic fleet atm

LF healer and dps for Colicoid wargames

LF 2 more for Athiss

LF 1 healer for Hammer station

LFM for Esseles x2

LF a tank Taral V

LFG for Maelstrom prison x2

LFG for any HM lvl 50 dps jedi sentinel

and more

Edited by Alcarinn

I'm for it, and against it. It ruined WoW because they made it cross-realm, and that's when it became really *********** dumb (the game itself that is).

Now if they were to implement a Raid and/or Dungeon Finder like WoW, if they only made it in-realm and not cross-realm, I'd be A-okay. :cool:

Fair point. I just think the system needs to be changed so that it's easier and more accessible for everyone to use.

accessible yes, that could be better, being able to type "/who search details" in your chat log would be nice. Easier idk it's almost like using google as is. Ex. if i want a tank lfg lvl 20-25 you can do "assa jugg powe 20-25 lfg" and see all assassins juggernauts and powertechs lvls 20-25 lfg and that can be in pretty much any combination. This is why i suggested a sticky, use what's there just make it more /commandable, no big overhaul or much work needed to be put in.

Yeah global server LFG is needed... but problem is the spam might be overwhelming the restriction to post once per 15 sec is needed then or XY seconds.

there is a server wide lfg with the /who system by clearing and typing "lfg" in the search terms box. ppl just need to use it

Edited by TydusX

Man, these threads are everywhere. BioWare really is hurting themselves by delaying this feature. It is obviously overwhelmingly desired and I do believe they should add it.

I had posted on the previous page, GM confirmed it is in the design stage now. More information will be available when it is completed.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1502055#edit1502055

Edited by Leppychaun

Its funny how someone mentioned entitlement issues before... from my point of view, its the people who have such burning hatred for an LFG system that have entitlement issues.

They seem to take the view that: Obviously if it takes less than 1 hour to get a group going, you're just not working hard enough and don't deserve the gear. Only hardcore guilds and people who are prepared to spend hours putting a group together are entitled to getting good gear.

When/if it gets implemented, I can see a whole bunch of haters cancelling their subs when more casual players start running round in hard mode gear that they havent earned because they didnt "work hard" enough trying to find a party.