Battlemaster Combat Tech for Arsenal Merc post 1.4?

yoomazir

I was checking the pvp gear today and i'm kinda wondering if the PVP Combat Tech armor isn't going to be more viable for an Arsenal Mercenary instead of Eliminator.

My reasoning is, the only good bonus set from Eliminator is the Rail Shot crit chance, which is a better bonus for a Pyro Merc since he's able to trigger it more often than an Arsenal one. In the meantime, the 2 armor bonuses set from Combat Tech actually complement the Arsenal skill tree much better:

-The first bonus gives a cooldown of 15 second of Determination, which could complement Jet Escape, giving a reduction in total of 45 seconds.

-The second bonus set gives a crit chance for Rocket Punch, and that's what made me think, after 1.4 goes live an Arsenal Merc is probably going to use it more than ever due to the root stuff, I do think that bonus would be of more use than the Rail Shot one from the Eliminator set and, besides, it has a lesser cooldown than RS.

Anyway this is my 2 cents of thinking about it, as for me, I'm still sticking with Pyro and the Eliminator set, even being as an subpar PT Pyro, I just love the mobility you have with that skill tree, the changes for Arsenal are just not worth it, in my opinion, for pvp.

Edited by yoomazir

If you're playing arsenal spec and you're not using the 15% tracer crit chance then you're doing it wrong.

I don't remember hseeing any pvp gear with a tracer bonus.

Just to clarify, this topic is about Arsenal Merc in pvp.

Edited by yoomazir

I don't remember hseeing any pvp gear with a tracer bonus.

Just to clarify, this topic is about Arsenal Merc in pvp.

You never heard of these things called mods? They can be switched, meaning any gear can be used anywhere. PvE set bonus has tracer crit.

Edited by Sinsavz

Did you read my post? You put Battlemaster Armorings in PVE gear, then war hero mods/enhancements. Its the only way to go really.

Oh yeah, I had thought about that a long time ago and then forgot about it, guess I have to rebuy a whole tionese/comuli set and save up some money for extracting the mods.

Edited by yoomazir