No marauder gear on dark side vendor

Dedirtbag

No Marauder gear is available on Dark Side Vendor... In fact, they are the only class that cannot purchase gear from this particular vendor.

Not sure about other vendors in the world, but there are 2 sets of Sith Warrior armor on this vendor, yet both are for HEAVY ARMOR only.

Has there been any word on this from the devs?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only hope that more gets added to the game post haste. I am pretty bored of the look of the armor in the game already. I like the idea of adding mods to armor so you can find something you like and keep it up to date though. Now if they would add in some cool looking stuff...

I have faith in the design ideas Bioware has.

I can't recall the specific post but I know it is being worked on by BW. They said that they will be adding medium armor for marauder class available from the darkside vendor. And if my memory serves me even more correct, it should be soon in a update.

Again, sorry can't get give the direct source. I think it was a dev tracker post or might have been from SR's twitter.

Medium Force armor got completely ignored it seems. Between all the bulky heavy looking armor that belongs in the heavy category, the alignment vendors.. and even the crafting recipes (There are at least 3 light or heavy recipes for every medium).. it just seems like someone at Bioware completely dropped the ball.

The commendation vendor is always a peeve, Might-based mods are always lower level than than any other mods on any vendor in the game, if there' s a might based one at all...

A little more fairness with purchasable upgrades and It'll be fine. Also marauders need more evade/parry chance, I hate 2-3 weak mobs 5 levels beneath me can hit me for 6-7k hp

The commendation vendor is always a peeve, Might-based mods are always lower level than than any other mods on any vendor in the game, if there' s a might based one at all...

A little more fairness with purchasable upgrades and It'll be fine. Also marauders need more evade/parry chance, I hate 2-3 weak mobs 5 levels beneath me can hit me for 6-7k hp

This annoys me. seeing guardian, or force wielder hilt 20 and than seeing might hilt 17 on the same vendor. its like they are giving us subtle signs to reroll.

• 3 weeks later...
After reaching lvl 44, I can now agree about all the other venders. The amount of our stuff really is lacking. I mean I always find a great item to get every planet from the commendation venders, however it's the only thing there. The mods for me are kinda pointless... I make my own hilts and enhancements as well as use the rewarded ones to ever make those worthwhile for me. Regardless, they do seem a bit low.

i just get this feeling like our class has been overlooked.. in a lot of ways.

It's because marauder wore heavy armor until the last minute in beta where they threw the nerf bad at our faces, its most likely the same reason we have nothing from the vendor.

It's because marauder wore heavy armor until the last minute in beta where they threw the nerf bad at our faces, its most likely the same reason we have nothing from the vendor.

This is false. I beta tested through 6-7 of the last builds and we always had medium armor. At some point in early beta, we may have worn heavy, but we didn't suddenly get switched to medium at the last minute before launch. The only unexplainable thing is that a majority of Mara armor looks in beta got switched to Juggs and vice versa.

I discovered this too. No items at light/dark side vendor and also all str loot from Black Talon was heavy. Time to respec:( I'm only lvl 12 but it's still few hours down the drain).

Why is that a defining reason to respec entirely...? You can get plenty of gear elsewhere, plus this will be eventually fixed.

I just realized the lower teir pvp vender has very little gear for us too. :-/

Yeah this has been one of the most frustrating classes to main. We pretty much get the short end of the stick in so many areas, that it really makes this class unattractive. Can only use 1 companion(we pretty much don't function w/ out the healer), can't get the same access to gear, have to work 2x as hard for a lesser result than all other classes, and are punished by the current game bugs more than just about any other class. Kinda a rough spot to be in overall. :mad:

Edited b/c i forgot to mention also no dev response to the massive forum outcry.

Edited by Malrock