Datacron decorations loot drop

AcesClub

I think there is a chance for it drop from any mob on the particular planet, just more chance from stronger mobs such as those usually related to heroics. I have had them drop from mobs not related to heroics at all.

I believe you can just go to a heroic area and farm the mobs but the reason to take the mission is because many of them reward a box that has a chance to have the datacron decoration.

I've been finding them dropping from all sorts of mobs: normal, strong, etc. If I had to guess, I would say that any mob that can drop an ordinary piece of loot, like a gun, weapon, whatever, would have a chance of dropping a datacron instead. Therefore, since tougher enemies have a better chance of dropping loot, those are the ones I'd go after. Just doing my planet and class missions, I find I usually end up with two or three when I'm done.

guys sorry my noobness is there a way to track the collection of these items?

Not really a good way...but if you go into decorations, category technological, subcategory...dang, somebody help me out, I'm not in front of the game and I can't remember which subcategory the datacrons are in. Whatever it is, select "unlocked" to see which ones you've picked up. If you change "unlocked" to "all" you can see which ones you're missing (and if you select one of those, it will tell you where it can be found).

If there's a better way to track this stuff, I'm not aware of it. Is there an achievement for collecting them all? If so, there might be a way to track your collection via the achievements UI.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been finding them dropping from all sorts of mobs: normal, strong, etc. If I had to guess, I would say that any mob that can drop an ordinary piece of loot, like a gun, weapon, whatever, would have a chance of dropping a datacron instead.

The datacron decorations are blue-quality items, so you could theoretically get them from any mob that drops a blue item. That said, it appears that the Champion-grade mobs inside instanced flashpoints, and particularly any Champion-grade mob that you 'unlock' by completing a bonus requirement (i.e. the double power-reroute in Esseles) has a higher chance to drop them than a Champion-grade mob that you can find outside of an instance, even a heroic area -- if you can get into the area with the Champion without having to have the heroic mission, the mob appears to run off the open-world drop tables, not the instanced bonus-champion drop tables.

Also, it looks as if you can't get a decoration drop from any mob that drops a mission-requirement item (a gold drop); if they drop a gold item, that's all they drop.

• 1 year later...
On HOTH if your Playing both sides if you go to that Open section by CRESH base and follow that path to the Area that Open area with the cat walks and machinery and as you go in there is a lore object on a dead body (rep) any ways go into the bunker and when you come onto the big room off to the right is a path to a boss (Tyrant list ) with a chest If you farm him he drops the datacron decoration pretty religiously. also in that section is a cave with cats in it go past them to the open area and when you look across the room you will see a open spot there is a droid in there that's a boss (Tyrant list) He drops it too.

It's really frustrating. I haven't personally seen a drop since 4.0 but a couple of my guildmates have. I need ones of specific colors to finish off Yavin.

To think I used to make a detour to this boss on Nar Shaddaa, he gave me two dozen fire datacrons for yavin. :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...