gathering vs crafting at 75

Mashugana

I only have 1 level 75 character and she has 700 Archeology, Bio, and Scavenge. Should I swap one of them to a crafting skill?

I went all gathering to make extra credits while a level. But now that I am going to be outfitting alts, maybe looking to make some Prefab for my stronghold, etc., I wonder if I should drop one of them for synthweaving.

What do you think? in Other MMOs i so all gathering, sell it all, and then buy what I need. In SWTOR it does not seem like gathering with my 700 skills bring in a lot of credits - maybe I am faming wrong?

Thanks for any advice :)

I only have 1 level 75 character and she has 700 Archeology, Bio, and Scavenge. Should I swap one of them to a crafting skill?

If you want to, go for it. If you don't want to, stay with what you have.

I went all gathering to make extra credits while a level. But now that I am going to be outfitting alts, maybe looking to make some Prefab for my stronghold, etc., I wonder if I should drop one of them for synthweaving.

While the alts are levelling, it really isn't worth the effort of crafting gear for them, since the gear you craft goes "out of date" pretty quickly.

If you want prefabs to buy decorations, yeah, the only way you'll manage that is by crafting them, but you could learn one or more different crafting skills on the *alts* rather than on the main.

What do you think? in Other MMOs i so all gathering, sell it all, and then buy what I need. In SWTOR it does not seem like gathering with my 700 skills bring in a lot of credits - maybe I am faming wrong?

Oof. If you have all three at 700, then yes, you don't want to unlearn them, since that means throwing away the half-million credits each one cost, or at least having to spend those credits to go beyond 600 on the replacement skills.

Question: what are you doing with the materials you gather? Are you selling them on the GTN or just to vendors?

I have a lot of toons mostly gathering slicing, scav, bioanalysis. But Synth I've made pretty decent money off the blue augments, the purple ones require alot more than they're worth. But I also have at least one of each of the UT, TH, Diplo, and Investigation and do the grade 11 missions alot for embers and just sell the embers.

Even if you don't actively play the character specially now with double xp it would be worth making a few more to grab some of the other professions to help.

Edited by Bxvx

stick with the gathering skills, if you have guildmates or friends ask them if they can make some stuff for you if you need anything specific, assuming you supply the materials its usually not any issue, if not just sell materials on gtn and buy the prefabs or whatever u need on gtn, there are normally loads of stuff like that

Remember that between the leveling items you get, legacy boosts you can use, and the odd xp event, you will outlevel everything. The only good items you will get will be from weekly heroic boxes because those will scale to your actual level (as well as conquest reward boxes)

The only thing that might make sense is to get your alts on the relevant weaponsmithing skills. Your materials are all shared, so they can have a solid supply to just blow through the low levels of skill and be able to make weapons as they are needed, but even then I personally wouldnt toss the skills that are capped. way too much of a loss there