lvl48 Stims/Med packs

Miyaka_Vigiles

Having Biochem @ 400 I wanted to start making money of Stims/Med packs.

However, I discovered that the mats costs much more than the actual crafted item.

Is this due to my server's messed up economy?

Because looking at it now, it seems I should sell the mats and never really have to craft for money.

It's a consequence of people not appreciating the concept of "opportunity cost". Many crafters consider materials they've gathered while hoofing around the Galaxy to be "free". What they don't consider is the money they could have got by selling them. I suspect there's also an amount of not understanding reverse engineering. If you grind to 400 on just green recipes, you'll have a lot of "byproduct" that (especially if you don't get the idea of "opportunity cost") doesn't seem worth very much to you.

REing has two consequences that reduce this effect. First, it returns some of the raw material you used to make the stuff in the first place, so from a given quantity of mats you can get more skillups. Second, if you RE green you can learn blue, and REing blue can teach you purple, which can extend the range at which a given rank of mats can give you skillups. I probably didn't end up with more than a dozen 'spare' biotech products, getting to 400 while making my reusables. Everything got RE'ed.

It's a consequence of people not appreciating the concept of "opportunity cost". Many crafters consider materials they've gathered while hoofing around the Galaxy to be "free". What they don't consider is the money they could have got by selling them. I suspect there's also an amount of not understanding reverse engineering. If you grind to 400 on just green recipes, you'll have a lot of "byproduct" that (especially if you don't get the idea of "opportunity cost") doesn't seem worth very much to you.

REing has two consequences that reduce this effect. First, it returns some of the raw material you used to make the stuff in the first place, so from a given quantity of mats you can get more skillups. Second, if you RE green you can learn blue, and REing blue can teach you purple, which can extend the range at which a given rank of mats can give you skillups. I probably didn't end up with more than a dozen 'spare' biotech products, getting to 400 while making my reusables. Everything got RE'ed.

I had to read your post couple times and I totally agree.

Just because a person has alot of mats doesnt make them free or cheap.

Edited by Miyaka_Vigiles