Bounty Hunter Mercenary Ability - Jump-pack?

DangerousViper

So they added this new abilty for the Sith Assassin called "Phase Walk" http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Is8vJAiOEM where you can teleport to a set location. So I've been thinking, why can't they add a simular ability for the Bounty Hunter Mercenary? How it could work: You set a location, and if you stay 60 meters from that location you could "jump" back to that location with the jet pack, like a jump-pack. Since the jetpack isn't really used in this game (other than the Death from above AOE attack) I think they could add more stuff with the jetpack, stuff like this. What do you guys think? Edited by DangerousViper

Love the idea. Only problem I can think of would be animation based. Phase Walk is literally a 'teleport straight from A to B' whereas the whole jetpack thing would have to show us jumping backwards/forwards with the jetpack. If there's some form of object in the way, it could be a little tricky to animate.

This ability is basically "heroic leap"in world of warcraft that warriors have.... there are so many pathing issues with that ability that it is often a waste of time. This of course is a shame because its such a cool move and having Troopers and BHs with a similar ability would also be amazing (sans pathing issues)

Love the idea. Only problem I can think of would be animation based. Phase Walk is literally a 'teleport straight from A to B' whereas the whole jetpack thing would have to show us jumping backwards/forwards with the jetpack. If there's some form of object in the way, it could be a little tricky to animate.

I've been thinking about the animation as well. As you say, if there is an object in the way it could be tricky to animate. I think it could still be very usefull if you stay in a straight line from the set location.

Animation isn't as big of a problem as you'd think. It's simple animation starts your in the air taking off animation ends with you starting to land at point B. They don't have to show the inbetween

Animation isn't as big of a problem as you'd think. It's simple animation starts your in the air taking off animation ends with you starting to land at point B. They don't have to show the inbetween

Didn't think about that, but yeah! That's how they made it with the Force Leap Ability. I really really hope they'll ake this possible. And I hope you guys maybe could spread the word about this kind of ability! :)

Is there any forum for suggestions or so?

When you think of these things, don't forget to work out how this would apply to our mirror, the Trooper. I was thinking about a targeted, jet boosted leap of say 30 meters. That could work for both classes, especially with Powertech/ Vanguard. Thoughts?

When you think of these things, don't forget to work out how this would apply to our mirror, the Trooper. I was thinking about a targeted, jet boosted leap of say 30 meters. That could work for both classes, especially with Powertech/ Vanguard. Thoughts?

Yeah, we've been talking about the Trooper version of this ability. We came up with a grapple. So you can grapple yourself to a set point.

But these abilties should mainly be for Mercenary/Commando since we are pretty often stuck in tight PvP situations where we need some kind of escape ability, a mobility buff.

The Vanguard already has "Storm" to the Powertech's Jet Charge. It's essentially a running jump of up to 30 meters, so they can already do that.

The Vanguard already has "Storm" to the Powertech's Jet Charge. It's essentially a running jump of up to 30 meters, so they can already do that.

Though this thread is about something else! This is about the Mercenaries and the Commandos, about an mobility buff for them to escape tight situations (in PvP for example).

Please, check the YouTube link that I have in the first message in this thread. An ability like that in the video but instead with a JetPack for the Mercenaries and a Grapple for the Commandos. :)

Though this thread is about something else! This is about the Mercenaries and the Commandos, about an mobility buff for them to escape tight situations (in PvP for example).

Please, check the YouTube link that I have in the first message in this thread. An ability like that in the video but instead with a JetPack for the Mercenaries and a Grapple for the Commandos. :)

Sorry, I was unclear - I was pointing out that Bioware has already shown that they can come up with a non-jetpack animation for the Trooper class that works to mirror a jetpack movement ability. And the person I was quoting brought up Vanguards and Powertechs.

Sorry, I was unclear - I was pointing out that Bioware has already shown that they can come up with a non-jetpack animation for the Trooper class that works to mirror a jetpack movement ability. And the person I was quoting brought up Vanguards and Powertechs.

Oh, okay! I see :D:p