Gree In-Game Event Returns

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time does gree event stop the 28th?

Pretty sure it's shuts down at 5am Pacific Time which is the normal time the servers reset on a daily basis. But the fact that maintenance is extended for Wed morning instead, maybe this got pushed out by one day? I can't say definitively one way or the other.

I agree heartily -- please keep this in place till 2.2 launches, that way those of us who missed it earlier can get some nice toys too.

If I go all-out this week with my 4 characters at 50+, I can probably "store up" enough reputation to have enough reputation saved up to hit Champion in 3 weeks, but bleh, it really shouldn't be necessary.

As to why this event returns while the Chevin scavenger hunt and the Rakghoul event haven't, this one actually has an in-game reason for returning but the others don't. The Cheving thing in particular was supposed to be a prelude to the Return of the Gree anyway, and they are now here -- as per the Terror from Beyond operation. (IMO, It probably wouldn't hurt to see a Gree-themed Flashpoint in addition to that).

I know these events must take a lot of planning and implementation work, so that one-off events will probably not be part of the business model from now on, but please don't abandon them! :)

Agree, please extend until 2.2

Also, level 45 (altough level 50 would be better, as it looks like someone forgot to turn on the bolster in the area) is not that huge time investment.

This wasn't an oversight, apparently people were using Bolster to power-level -- they got their stats boosted up to level 50 blues level, they killed the level 50 mobs, and got the XP which was way higher than they would do by killing stuff near their level.

The result of Bolster being turned off, however, has meant two things:

1. a level 45 has next to no chance to do the missions themselves -- they can barely hit anything at level 45, and even at 46 it's pretty iffy.
  2. no Expertise for PVE-geared players -- so it's a free-kill zone for that part of the PVP crowd that thinks killing fresh sub-55s, and 55s that don't have a current PVP set, either on their faction or the opposite one, makes them feel superior.

Next time around, Bioware, if you really want to prevent bolster being abused, try creating a "reverse bolster" effect that strips the effect of Expertise out completely, and then only the truly dedicated PVPers will go out of their way to take on fights without a gear advantage.

And, on PVE servers, outside the explicit PVP areas, should never be possible to attack a PVP-flagged player without actively turning on your own PVP flag -- rather than allowing griefers to run into AE damage to flag unsuspecting people -- same should go for healing/buffing flagged "friendlies" to prevent abuses of that also.

Edited by Ancaglon

• 2 years later...
Anyone know when the Gree Event is coming back?

wow dug this one up from the graveyard of old posts.

gree event is about 2x a year i believe. I dont' remember when the last one was but it should be easily looked up and then with some math figure out the next one.

What about players who are only level 25 how do we get unique stuff? :eek::D

A character only has to be level 20 (I believe) to do the rakghoul event. And level 15 to do the BBA event. And probably "just high enough to get to the fleet" for the Life Day event.

So that's how.