Rarity/lack of light armor?

Slift

Boots. Belts. Gloves.

The galaxy only supplies light armor as such. Stores don't offer tops or bottoms... Or at least Dromund Kas and Balmora.

Now, yeah... Sorcerers really don't need good armor because they're standing somewhere over there zapping things, but then again, armor gives stats.

So, why doesn't the galaxy (at least at the start, non-storywise (And I want commendations for better weapons, so I kinda dodge those)) offer soft armor? There's enough imperial troopers around to nab some totally ineffective-against-blasters plasteel to stick together...

I get it, Sorcerers and Sages are the only two classes totally restricted to light armor... That means there's little need because everyone else is gallivanting around in medium and heavy. But wow... Is there just... None out there. I'm not saying 'Hey, Sages/Sorcerers, medium armor. Cool?' I'm just saying there's a hole that only crafting fills in. Maybe the story offers commendation and a pick of a reward? Dunno, I know others'll nitpick out a better idea than that.

On a less... Important note. The styles. I like the 'shaman' outfit shown in the videos. Very nice. Otherwise... Kinda lacking on the 'armored/tech' front. The 'gladiator' set (Deadspace set? That's what I think the helmet looks like at least) is cool, but only available through crafting. Not to mention the 'epic' suits from Rataka and whatever gear make you look like Rita Repulsa from Power-rangers (GROW MY DASHADE GROW!) or some chess piece (And the less said about the seemingly random skimpy top for women on that set, the better).

I dunno, Jugernauts get to look like Darth Vader, that's cool. I just don't feel very awesome walking around in a robe all day. Maybe some armor like the emperor's royal guard? (Or the guys that look like them hanging around Koriban's academy... I could deal with the silly fin if I got to wear that...) Some 'salvaged' or 'commander' armor based on the 'stormtroopers' like Obi-wan and Anakin wore in the Clone Wars? Mix the trooper armor with some fabric and call it a day (Neither is stopping a blaster bolt any time soon.)

So. My two cents. Kinda annoying. Kinda guilty I have to keep getting my friend off his smuggler just to craft for me. Pretty much the only unfun part except targeting and agro (But that's another thread)

Boots. Belts. Gloves.

The galaxy only supplies light armor as such. Stores don't offer tops or bottoms... Or at least Dromund Kas and Balmora.

Now, yeah... Sorcerers really don't need good armor because they're standing somewhere over there zapping things, but then again, armor gives stats.

So, why doesn't the galaxy (at least at the start, non-storywise (And I want commendations for better weapons, so I kinda dodge those)) offer soft armor? There's enough imperial troopers around to nab some totally ineffective-against-blasters plasteel to stick together...

I get it, Sorcerers and Sages are the only two classes totally restricted to light armor... That means there's little need because everyone else is gallivanting around in medium and heavy. But wow... Is there just... None out there. I'm not saying 'Hey, Sages/Sorcerers, medium armor. Cool?' I'm just saying there's a hole that only crafting fills in. Maybe the story offers commendation and a pick of a reward? Dunno, I know others'll nitpick out a better idea than that.

On a less... Important note. The styles. I like the 'shaman' outfit shown in the videos. Very nice. Otherwise... Kinda lacking on the 'armored/tech' front. The 'gladiator' set (Deadspace set? That's what I think the helmet looks like at least) is cool, but only available through crafting. Not to mention the 'epic' suits from Rataka and whatever gear make you look like Rita Repulsa from Power-rangers (GROW MY DASHADE GROW!) or some chess piece (And the less said about the seemingly random skimpy top for women on that set, the better).

I dunno, Jugernauts get to look like Darth Vader, that's cool. I just don't feel very awesome walking around in a robe all day. Maybe some armor like the emperor's royal guard? (Or the guys that look like them hanging around Koriban's academy... I could deal with the silly fin if I got to wear that...) Some 'salvaged' or 'commander' armor based on the 'stormtroopers' like Obi-wan and Anakin wore in the Clone Wars? Mix the trooper armor with some fabric and call it a day (Neither is stopping a blaster bolt any time soon.)

So. My two cents. Kinda annoying. Kinda guilty I have to keep getting my friend off his smuggler just to craft for me. Pretty much the only unfun part except targeting and agro (But that's another thread)

I can only offer my experience from beta (just started playing last night), and as it stands things tend to change from beta to release...

I found the availability of light armor to be acceptable for a game just about to be released, i never went without a frequent upgrade while i leveled, be it from drops or commendations. So i´m not too worried about this issue in the short term.

Appearance wise, i found that the Sorcerer gear wise has one of the best "looks" by far when compared to most classes and especially when compared to our mirror class, the Jedi Sage.

You really don't need lots of armor. You get fully at least 1 modifiable chest pieces (or max 3) by the time you leave DK or as soon as the BT flashpoint.

1) Black Talon

2) Friends of Old

3) Story Quest Reward (near end)

Just stock that thing with the best mods available using commendations to boost your Will and Endurance stats. TBH, I never really buy armor because the stuff you get from quest rewards is usually better then the stuff you buy.

I bought modifiable boots and belt of the GTN as well.

All in all, the you only really need to be concerned with how you look after a point. I keep my armor and lightsaber stocked with the best mods I can find and it usually outshines the armor you get from drops or quest rewards.

I totally agree with the poster above me (sorry forgot to quote). I just started in the starters area and found a green armor that looks better than what I had before during Beta weekends (and I got to lvl 24) just from a monster drop. it had shoulderpads sticking out as well. i am not too worried.

Boots. Belts. Gloves.

Because by now should have a modable chest armor, either from a flash point or from a quest i think was shadow beast one? down by grathian,for the one rude sith lady. Modable chest armor now pants are maybe an issue but once have a modable top easy to just use dromund kaas modficantion vender to upgrade your mods! so with that knowlege i am betting why chests are more uncommon, plenty of green chest armor and pants though find them all the time.

I took synthweaving and found that if I keep it current then it is usually better than the mission rewards. Especially if you get into blues or purples. That just means I can pick the commendations with no worry. I haven't played too much with the modable armor yet though.

Why yes, the Sorceror's (and ok the assassin since they can also use em) Magic Pimp Robes are by far some of the sweetest looking duds in the game. Especially the Feather Mask and its clothes (wherever you find them).

i know for sure, there are feather masks on the pvp vendors. where else, not found yet.

It's not just the vendors, synth weaving is missing light armor schematics. And I'm not to impressed with the light armor variations. I've been leveling with my friend for 21 levels now and I've seen his look go through major chanes, mines been pretty much been the same side I got the Bt robe. The just are different enough. Looking through future schematics it's all pretty much the same. Kind of disappointing.

Synthweaving... for some reason doesn't have light armor recipes between 80 and... 120. Ouch.

Anyway, you can get a moddable light armor chest (looks like the one your rival was using on Korriban) from a solo series for the Revanites. And a hat from a mission board mission on Kaas.