SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

There is not such a list. You can try to figure it out yourself. As far as I'm concerned, I'm getting bored with the game, so I won't invest any more on time consuming tasks. I barely maintain the tool for my friends.

Oh that's a shame! Your work has been absolutely invaluable. Also, Bioware needs to send you a nice check or give you 5 years of free access to the game. I'm going to start a new thread to see if I can get the community at large to help find out what the assets are and compile that list for you. If you're getting bored of the game, give it a rest for a month. I have been doing that since prelaunch, taking big breaks every now and then. The most recent one, was when I found out that Disney bought Star Wars, I was never going to come back. But unless, I begin to see SWTOR stuff made in sweatshops with child labor, I'm going to stay a while longer. Point is, take a break, dont leave us! I'll come back here after I start the thread to share the link.

I was actually a blog writer for SWTOR, who had called it quits because of Disney's reputation with child labor abuses. I was even too heart broken to even write about it, and I had a few interviews (from diverse fan genres of Star Wars, from cosplay, to gamers, novel readers to duelists) ready for it too. I have chosen to stick around until that happens with Star Wars, which if it does, I promise the world won't hear the end of it. I had wanted to make my comeback writing about the update to this project. Because many of the f2p gamers should know about this. So don't leave, just take a break. Play Age of Empires online or join a gym, lol! Then come back.

Not sure if this would help you but I use ProcMon program to check HDD activity of the game when I play and if I play on Hoth and see some files accessed very frequently or with big data readouts then I add them to list as long as I am on the planet.

Thanks, I guess that would be the best way to find out some stuff. I'm going to start by asking the community at large before I commit to such a project. I'll post the link to the thread here. Give me a few hours.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My System: i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz 7970 Lightning @ 1800/1600 (corecolck/memory) WD Hdd. 8GB G.Skill 1600 CL9

had a couple of microstutters in pvp, now I tested this programm with all dynamics enabled( 4+GB of virtual drive) and pvp is smoother to a significant degree. You did a good job there. thx

This sounds like a great product. I haven't tested it myself because I use ISBoxer in order to run 2 clients on one machine (One actively gaming; one for crew skilling/GTN activities).

Is it safe to believe that this utility would not work with my current configuration? (Given that I have to launch my pair of clients from ISBoxer, preventing my ability to launch from your application)

Do you have any idea how I could make this work?

If not, I'm still happy to bump your thread for great Justice!

Any word on this being compatible with ISBoxer?

Re-point ISBoxer to his .exe and see if you can get it to work. It's currently pointed to the swtor.exe most likely.

That didn't work.

Following the manual method though with the All-In-One batch file did the trick though. Once the batch is set up correctly and run to mount the ramdrive, then just launch ISBoxer as normal.

I got some odd performance though. Computer specs are in my sig.

I am currently on Taris and noticed that the frame rates nearly halved coming from Coruscant. I was dipping down to the 25s with the average of around 44FPS. There was significant hitching as well while runnign around, I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to test the ramdrive.

I set a 6GB ramdrive to be safe. I have 16Gb so that still left me with around 4GB free after SWToR had loaded. I included the cache plus the following:

set AssetFile01=swtor_main_art_fx_1

set AssetFile02=swtor_main_art_dynamic_cape_1

set AssetFile03=swtor_main_art_dynamic_chest_1

set AssetFile04=swtor_main_art_dynamic_chest_tight_1

set AssetFile05=swtor_main_art_dynamic_hand_1

set AssetFile06=swtor_main_art_dynamic_head_1

set AssetFile07=swtor_main_art_dynamic_lower_1

set AssetFile08=swtor_main_art_dynamic_mags_1

set AssetFile09=swtor_main_art_weapon_1

set AssetFile10=swtor_main_area_taris_1

set AssetFile11=swtor_en-us_area_taris_1

I included the Taris files hoping it would speed up the Taris world.

What I found though is that my FPS was hovering around 30FPS with dips down to 17FPS. But the game felt much smoother than before. Very odd. Maybe the hitching was so bad that even a lower FPS is better than before.

I'll have a play around with the settings and maybe take out the Taris files and see if it gets better.

EDIT: sig doesn't seem to be showing up so here are comp specs:

Intel 3930k, Gigabyte G1.Assassin.2, 16GB RAM @ 2133MHZ, OCZ Vertex 4 240GB SSD, 2 x Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB SLi, 3 x Dell U2412 monitors in portrait surround for 3880x1920 bezel adjusted resolution, 2 x 500GB HD Raid 0 for storage

Edited by Tork
Sig not showing up

To the guys/guys that wrote this little program.

TOP bloody job. SERIOUSLY!!!

After running some tests on my 8gig pc and loading the long loading planets like Hoth and especially Corellia

I can now load Corellia in under 50 secs without it it loads in 2:15 secs O.o

So hats off and THANKYOU! :)

Nice program, but what's the deal with the UI? Its a bit unclear but it often refuses to click anything, neither can I reposition the window sometimes its like its stuck on a UI element until I unfocus it lol.

Needs a bit of work, for the rest good job.

Edited by Marctraider

Just coming back to say that FPS have stabilised in the 50 -60FPS range on Ultra High settings (no AA but FXAA forced through drivers) and all hitching has gone.

I hadn't realised just how much hitching there was in this game until I used the RAMdisk, it is silky smooth now.

Cheers to all who worked on this project!

That didn't work.

Following the manual method though with the All-In-One batch file did the trick though. Once the batch is set up correctly and run to mount the ramdrive, then just launch ISBoxer as normal.

I got some odd performance though. Computer specs are in my sig.

I am currently on Taris and noticed that the frame rates nearly halved coming from Coruscant. I was dipping down to the 25s with the average of around 44FPS. There was significant hitching as well while runnign around, I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to test the ramdrive.

I set a 6GB ramdrive to be safe. I have 16Gb so that still left me with around 4GB free after SWToR had loaded. I included the cache plus the following:

set AssetFile01=swtor_main_art_fx_1

set AssetFile02=swtor_main_art_dynamic_cape_1

set AssetFile03=swtor_main_art_dynamic_chest_1

set AssetFile04=swtor_main_art_dynamic_chest_tight_1

set AssetFile05=swtor_main_art_dynamic_hand_1

set AssetFile06=swtor_main_art_dynamic_head_1

set AssetFile07=swtor_main_art_dynamic_lower_1

set AssetFile08=swtor_main_art_dynamic_mags_1

set AssetFile09=swtor_main_art_weapon_1

set AssetFile10=swtor_main_area_taris_1

set AssetFile11=swtor_en-us_area_taris_1

I included the Taris files hoping it would speed up the Taris world.

What I found though is that my FPS was hovering around 30FPS with dips down to 17FPS. But the game felt much smoother than before. Very odd. Maybe the hitching was so bad that even a lower FPS is better than before.

I'll have a play around with the settings and maybe take out the Taris files and see if it gets better.

EDIT: sig doesn't seem to be showing up so here are comp specs:

Intel 3930k, Gigabyte G1.Assassin.2, 16GB RAM @ 2133MHZ, OCZ Vertex 4 240GB SSD, 2 x Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB SLi, 3 x Dell U2412 monitors in portrait surround for 3880x1920 bezel adjusted resolution, 2 x 500GB HD Raid 0 for storage

Just coming back to say that FPS have stabilised in the 50 -60FPS range on Ultra High settings (no AA but FXAA forced through drivers) and all hitching has gone.

I hadn't realised just how much hitching there was in this game until I used the RAMdisk, it is silky smooth now.

Cheers to all who worked on this project!

Unleashed should work the same as the batch mode. Did you got unleashed working?

From cherry-picking pages from this thread to read and looking at reports of loading times, phasing times, FPS expectations etc. I'm seeing figures more or less the same as running the game from SSD.

I have 2 SSD's in my machine - one for my OS/Applications and another for Games. So my whole SWTOR experience (OS included) is running from SSD.

Of course this option is cheaper, but the SSD option is far easier.

So if you're considering a new PC or a re-build, you've seen what kind of performance you can get so make sure you invest in SSD (even more so now the prices are so very sensible).

My loading times were always great with the SSD (I have a 256GB OCZ Vertex 4).

The RAM Drive helped with loading art assets that was causing hitching (little jerks in the motion). I actually saw a small FPS drop from using the RAM drive but a much smoother performance overall.