Should I abandon Synthweaving?

Endymionsama

I have gotten it to 300 so far but now I am going thru serious hell with this RE thing. 50+ tries on gloves and boots still no recipe. While this isnt a qq thread about RNG but more so asking an opinion. Should I drop it and switch to cybertech and just wear all orange gear? My character is a sorcerer if that helps. What frustrates me to no end is when the companion comes back empty handed on a mission. If I could sith warrior choke them I would. I am nerd raging hard right now. :mad: Will it take as many attempts to create gear with cyber tech as it does synth weaving for a whole outfit?

Reverse engineering 50 seems a bit of an exaggeration to me. It used to be the case when u re'd and it stated u already know this schematic but since that was fixed in 1.2 most i have had to re with synth is 10 or something. Are you sure the item doesnt state "No Research Available"? lol

Cybertech for armoring and mods will not give u the full set, u still need enhancements from an artificer. Dont understand what u mean by full set on cybertech cos there aint any.

The best way to use synth when levelling is always get orange gear and put mods in and keep them up to date, i only used synth to make the items i was missing (or if i want specific color i craft a moddable chest piece etc) and even then it very rarely is worth re'ing to purples unless your at 50 and you want tionese equivalent gear from lvl 49s.

The main advantage of Synth at lvl 50 is rakata that you can craft however it is bind on pickup so they cannot be sold but at least u can make bracers/belts which are best in tier 1 gear.

As the poster above suggested, get your companions affection up to avoid them coming back empty handed and send the crew that has the correct bonuses for those missions.

Edited by JFerret

The primary advantage of the armor skills is tank armor. Armor made via artifice/cybertech mods pales in tanking effectiveness compared to redoubt (or veracity) armor made by synthweaver/armormech. The veracity stuff also tends to be marginally better than the first set or two of raid gear.

Reverse engineering 50 seems a bit of an exaggeration to me. It used to be the case when u re'd and it stated u already know this schematic but since that was fixed in 1.2 most i have had to re with synth is 10 or something. Are you sure the item doesnt state "No Research Available"? lol

Cybertech for armoring and mods will not give u the full set, u still need enhancements from an artificer. Dont understand what u mean by full set on cybertech cos there aint any.

The best way to use synth when levelling is always get orange gear and put mods in and keep them up to date, i only used synth to make the items i was missing (or if i want specific color i craft a moddable chest piece etc) and even then it very rarely is worth re'ing to purples unless your at 50 and you want tionese equivalent gear from lvl 49s.

The main advantage of Synth at lvl 50 is rakata that you can craft however it is bind on pickup so they cannot be sold but at least u can make bracers/belts which are best in tier 1 gear.

As the poster above suggested, get your companions affection up to avoid them coming back empty handed and send the crew that has the correct bonuses for those missions.

If I could find the way to get all of the orange recipes for a certain level range it would make it easy to just fill in what I need. Thats kind of the issue. I cant find the pieces that match. Recipes in this game are just too hard to get considering the poor amount of benefit you get. What I might do is create all orange gear like you said and use mods but use an alt for that. Continue to still level up synthweaving but do not use it to make myself stuff. Once I hit 400 put all the reset of the money into cybertech and artifice alts. That seems to be the only way this is going to work. I dont dare use the market because I made the mistake of roling this character with a friend who always picks the worst possible servers to play on in terms of economy. There is barely anything on there to buy.

I'm not sure I really understand. You're having trouble REing green gear into blue, or blue gear into purple? You have to do the same with Cybertech mods, except there is a lot more of them, so you have to do it a lot more often. I only use my Cybertech character for Earpieces, since you can get blue mods from quests and commendation vendors.

My Synthweaver and Armormech characters are a lot more valuable. They make the gear my companions wear, they make the blue and orange gear I wear leveling up, they make my augments, and they wear the BoP crafted purple belt and wrist pieces at level 50. Cybertech has some lame grenades.

You don't even need to craft orange gear while leveling up, to be honest, unless you're trying to get augmented stuff, and that's really unnecessary at low levels. Use the orange gear you get from quest rewards and craft the rest with trainer recipes. I RE mine into blues, but purples are a waste unless you have resources/money you want to burn.

Reverse engineering 50 seems a bit of an exaggeration to me.

There ARE still peaks and valleys associated with the random number generator. I've gone 40 in a row with nothing, then my next 5 out of 8 will crit. 50 to me is uncommon, but believable.

That said the main function of synthweaving will still be crafting orange gear with augments, and sub-50 normal gear that's been reverse engineered at least once.

If the server you are on does not have a healthy population where players are leveling alts constantly and new players are arriving daily (a.k.a. The Fatman) then your situation is probably dire.