(Story Suggestion) Arcann, Nathema & Vaylin

Paulsutherland

My only problem with Torian leaving is the reasoning: if he was going to leave over his fellow Mandalorians being killed, he should have left when Arcann joined the Alliance. I could see it if the Commander killed the whole family and brought back either Vaylin or DS!Arcann, but if redeemed Arcann was already accepted, then it feels strange for him to leave because of Vaylin if she's changed. If she hasn't, though, yeah, he and a lot of others should up and walk out.

I saw something earlier about her being freed and why she is still trapped that I didn't see an answer to. I've been assuming that the holocron freed her of Valkorion's immediate control, not of anything else that might have bound her. In fact, maybe she bound herself in the Outlander's mind, because she wants to have a chance to get used to choice rather than being erased from the galaxy. So, she was free but wanted to stick around.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only problem with Torian leaving is the reasoning: if he was going to leave over his fellow Mandalorians being killed, he should have left when Arcann joined the Alliance. I could see it if the Commander killed the whole family and brought back either Vaylin or DS!Arcann, but if redeemed Arcann was already accepted, then it feels strange for him to leave because of Vaylin if she's changed. If she hasn't, though, yeah, he and a lot of others should up and walk out.

I saw something earlier about her being freed and why she is still trapped that I didn't see an answer to. I've been assuming that the holocron freed her of Valkorion's immediate control, not of anything else that might have bound her. In fact, maybe she bound herself in the Outlander's mind, because she wants to have a chance to get used to choice rather than being erased from the galaxy. So, she was free but wanted to stick around.

On Torian, yeah, other than maybe a mail with his concerns on Vaylin on the base, I don't think he would oppose you like some of the others might. (I didn't look enough into Torian's character when I wrote that - sorry.)

---

That portion of Chapter 9 (KOTET) takes place inside the Outlanders mind. I'm under the impression when Vaylin (and Arcann) get zapped during the battle in your mind, it releases them from Valkorian's control, after you defeat him it just ends, the Outlander wakes up and doesn't really explain what happens to Vaylin's spirit(or Arcann).

For the purpose of this thread I'm running with the idea Vaylin is still inside out minds, why she's still inside is open for debate, Maybe she's stuck? Maybe she doesn't want to go? Maybe Vaylin (and Arcann) were unintentionally bound to the Outlander by Valkorian when he brought her (them) into the Outlanders mind.

In case it's not clear: I love this idea, and think you have everything pretty much on the money. As in, I would pay money for this bonus chapter were it not included in my subscription. I might quibble over details, but I'm all for it.

Thank you :p By all means 'quibble' over the details, you might see something I don't.

----

Back to the OP - It's Gault who sends you the mail about going back to Nathema to loot Valkorians vault.

My lightsaber pike/stick arrived today from Saberforge today. It got me thinking ... :eek: Lightsaber Pike bound only for a Vaylin companion? :eek: She knew how to wield one during her fight with Senya in the

That and they could have another Pike hilt to sell via the cartel market / packs.

Well.. If Senya used the Pike and she trained daughter (in her youth), so Vaylin can used Lightsaber Pike too:rak_03:

OR

Vaylin can be use two lightsaber's, just like on poster KOTFE:rak_03:

#Arcann,Nathema,Vaylin

Edited by Blackvinils

Bioware seem to be favouring flashpoints at the moment. Why not present it in the OP that way? it might fit more with their style of future content. :eek:

That makes a lot of sense, and as for getting another companion, they already have the system for getting the stronghold from flashpoints, why not a companion?

Edit: Oh, and I forgot the killer satellites, they've already done it. And for more generic companions. I'd prefer it to be more like the train, where if I'm understanding right you can play on solo/story mode, though.

I'd prefer a revived Vaylin and/or DS!Arcann to be part of the unfolding story, but gaining them from a flashpoint is a start, and doesn't mean they CAN'T be. But, honestly, I don't think her following me around and shouting, "You think you're winning, I love it!" at the mobs would ever get old, even if that's all.

Edited by gamephil

You mean like 'Crisis of Umbara' ? Run it X times to get the stronghold / pink dinosaur?

Yeah, like that. I don't mind going in with a team, and I know that some people were taking on the full satellite flashpoints solo, but if this were going to be an fp instead of a bonus chapter it would be nice for it to be something anyone can do that wants to without hair pulling.

Random thought: I've seen a few people ask for a Senya romance. Seems good to me, but I can't get passed the idea that, however much she may have felt it had to be done, dating the person that shot or impaled her daughter seems a bit off. Perhaps such a thing could start if the PC sacrificed part of their life force to save Vaylin.

I think there was something mentioned earlier in the thread for Arcann, too, but I couldn't find it.

Yeah, like that. I don't mind going in with a team, and I know that some people were taking on the full satellite flashpoints solo, but if this were going to be an fp instead of a bonus chapter it would be nice for it to be something anyone can do that wants to without hair pulling.

Flashpoint with different endings - its sounds great!

----------------------------

The developers already responded positively to numerous requests of players to romance with Arcann, so, maybe with time, they will agreed to this idea too?:o

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin

Flashpoint with different endings - its sounds great!

----------------------------

The developers already responded positively to numerous requests of players to romance with Arcann, so, maybe with time, they will agreed to this idea too?:o

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin

If I understand it right, it would be something along the lines of, do X flashpoint Y times to get enough Z marks to unlock a cutscene to gain a Vaylin (or DS Arcann) companion.

-

*fingers crossed* you never know, it never hurts to ask.

Edited by Paulsutherland

This what you mean by flashpoint? (Put in spoiler boxes so you don't have a wall of text in your face)

Flashpoint Version

Third Battle of Odessen

1: 'Third Battle of Odessen'

<Story Mode Starts>

Starts off with the Alliance base on Odessen, the Alliance Commander is still having nightmares of Vaylin inflicting pain onto him/her.

(like the one at the start of

- though that one I think was being influenced by Valkorian.)

Sensing their pain the Commander is awoken to find Lana/Arcann outside their room, claiming to have sensed their discomfort and to inform the Commander of a possible ally wanting to join the Eternal Alliance.

Entering the command center, Arcann/Lana informs the Commander about the Exarch, leading a sizeable portion of the remaining Eternal Empire loyalists, those who initially refused to accept the change in power, now they claim they want to join the Alliance;

-Flashpoint Starts-

Flashpoint starts with the team meeting the Exarch and Scion, the Scion confirms the presence of what the Exarch has been looking for, then the Exarch kills him as Eternal Empire Remnant forces raid the Odessen base, disabling the Gravestone, leaving the rest of the Alliance fleet (Hammerheads, Destroyers) to deal with the Exarchs ship.

During the battle, the Alliance team battle through Eternal Empire forces loyal to the Exarch. (Skytroopers, Knights, Horizon Guard, Walkers etc.)

Tora, (who is with you LS or DS) is on the Gravestone, calls for your help believing the Exarch's forces are trying to steal the ship. You fight your way to the Gravestone, rescue Tora and battle with the last boss (another Exarch?)

After you defeat the 'last boss' you get a message from Lana claiming the Exarch's forces are retreating with the body of Vaylin.

-Flashpoint Ends-

This part could then end with the Commander talking to Arcann and or Lana, confirming the Exarch did take Vaylins body along with Valkorians Holocron Lana's been studying.

LS: Senya enters the Command Center demanding to know why her daughter's corpse has been taken, learning what the Scion revealed before he was cut down - only backing down when confronted by Arcann.

<Story Mode Ends>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attack on Nathema

2: Attack on Nathema

<Story Mode Starts>

Following up from the previous part - Arcann and or Lana inform you they've been able to track the Exarch's shuttle to Nathema. Fearing the Exarch has somehow managed discover other secrets from Valkorians vault, specifically to find a way to resurrect the dead the Alliance sends a team to stop the Exarch and...

LS: Recover Vaylin's body and the Holocron

DS: Destroy both.

-Flashpoint Starts-

As the Alliance Fleet arrives at Nathema, they're greeted by the Exarch's Star Fortress in orbit, a brief space battle ensues resulting in the Alliance sending a team to the surface via drop pods/escape pods.

Arriving on the surface the team makes its way across Nathema's surface battling the surviving beasts and the Remnant forces.

(Maybe have a part where all four players get into walkers? :D assuming that is even possible.)

Arriving at the remains of the Sanitarium, the team then battles the Remnant forces and any surviving Zealots from the prior visit to Nathema. (

)

Entering the remains of Valkorians Vault, the team find the Exarch, however, get 'zapped' by the Holocron before they can react. Overconfident the Exarch leaves the holocron, engaging the team, only to be defeated.

Final Boss: After the Exarch's defeat, Vaylin's spirit manifests itself nearby, immediately recognizing the Commander, she attacks. (Similar to how Valkorian attacked us in

)

Between 'wounding' Vaylin's spirit and the natural effects from Nathema, the team is forced to retreat as debris from the space battle begins pelting the area.

Picking up the Holocron, the Commander turns back to witness Vaylin panicking, however, is unable to do anything, fleeing to the surface to witness the Star Fortress explode.

-Flashpoint Ends-

Returning to Odessen, you speak to Arcann, Senya, and or Lana about recent events and the possibilities of Valkorians Holocron being able to resurrect the dead.

Lana who has been studying the Holocron claims it's 'powering up' but advises against using it.

LS: Senya and Arcann object, claiming if this is what it would take to save Vaylin, then they should use it.

DS: Leaving the Commander to either agree or disagree with her advice.

<Story Mode Ends>

--------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion

<GRIND!!!!!!>

Assuming this is a token unlock thing - grind the previous flashpoints 50 bajillion times and collect another token which will unlock an additional cutscene.

Ending

After collecting the tokens, Lana summons you (and Senya and Arcann) claiming the Holocron is on the verge of exploding, she advises getting rid of it before it becomes a threat.

----

LS: Senya and Arcann protest, claiming if this device can 'heal' Vaylin they should use it.

Against Lana's wishes, the group travel to Nathema and find Vaylin's spirit, looming over her corpse losing her 'mind' from the effects of Nathema.

Senya, Arcann and the Commander then confer over their options.

LS: Use the Holocron (Vaylin returns in a weakened state from the effects of Nathema and being dead.)

DS: Don't use the Holocron (Bye Vaylin!)

LS Ending: Vaylin returns with you to Odessen, which immediately triggers Lana (please, give me an option to tell her to shut up), however, Senya and Arcann thank you-you then have a moment with Vaylin in which you discuss what Vaylin's role will be within the Alliance/Republic/Sith Empire.

DS Ending: Senya pleads with you to use the Holocron, however before you can it explodes making any form of 'redemption' for Vaylin impossible.

Returning to Odessen you're greeted by Lana. Senya, now furious at you for not saving her daughter when you had the chance, attacks you again both verbally and physically, resulting in her leaving the Alliance.

-------

-------

DS: Lana suggests dumping it on a planet before it can do any harm to Odessen.

Curious by the events on Nathema, Lana promptly reminds the Commander taking it to Nathema would be a bad idea for the Alliance - so we do it anyway.

Arriving at Nathema alone, the Commander encounters the spirits of Arcann and Vaylin, fighting with each other while being continuously tortured by the effects of Nathema.

The Commander realizing he/she has the ability to save one of them then has the choice...

DS: Save Vaylin

DS2: Save Arcann

DS3: Leave them both to their eternal torment.

Arcann/Vaylin: Saving one of the two, the other curses at the Commander for not saving them, as you and the now weakened Arcann/Vaylin depart Nathema.

Returning to Odessen, the presence of Arcann or Vaylin provokes Lana into questioning your sanity, in which you could either

LS: talk her down

DS: Remind her who is in charge (Maybe this option will end your romance with Lana? - If romanced)

It ends with the Commander talking to Arcann or Vaylin about their role in this new Empire.

Neither: You drop the holocron, leaving it to explode as both Arcann and Vaylin scream at you.

Returning to Odessen, you inform Lana of what you've done. Which Lana would likely say is for the best.

This what you mean by flashpoint? (Put in spoiler boxes so you don't have a wall of text in your face)

Flashpoint Version

Third Battle of Odessen

1: 'Third Battle of Odessen'

<Story Mode Starts>

Starts off with the Alliance base on Odessen, the Alliance Commander is still having nightmares of Vaylin inflicting pain onto him/her.

(like the one at the start of

- though that one I think was being influenced by Valkorian.)

Sensing their pain the Commander is awoken to find Lana/Arcann outside their room, claiming to have sensed their discomfort and to inform the Commander of a possible ally wanting to join the Eternal Alliance.

Entering the command center, Arcann/Lana informs the Commander about the Exarch, leading a sizeable portion of the remaining Eternal Empire loyalists, those who initially refused to accept the change in power, now they claim they want to join the Alliance;

-Flashpoint Starts-

Flashpoint starts with the team meeting the Exarch and Scion, the Scion confirms the presence of what the Exarch has been looking for, then the Exarch kills him as Eternal Empire Remnant forces raid the Odessen base, disabling the Gravestone, leaving the rest of the Alliance fleet (Hammerheads, Destroyers) to deal with the Exarchs ship.

During the battle, the Alliance team battle through Eternal Empire forces loyal to the Exarch. (Skytroopers, Knights, Horizon Guard, Walkers etc.)

Tora, (who is with you LS or DS) is on the Gravestone, calls for your help believing the Exarch's forces are trying to steal the ship. You fight your way to the Gravestone, rescue Tora and battle with the last boss (another Exarch?)

After you defeat the 'last boss' you get a message from Lana claiming the Exarch's forces are retreating with the body of Vaylin.

-Flashpoint Ends-

This part could then end with the Commander talking to Arcann and or Lana, confirming the Exarch did take Vaylins body along with Valkorians Holocron Lana's been studying.

LS: Senya enters the Command Center demanding to know why her daughter's corpse has been taken, learning what the Scion revealed before he was cut down - only backing down when confronted by Arcann.

<Story Mode Ends>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correction

Typically, there are about 3 bosses:

1- Zakuul Heavy Walker and group of Zakuul Soldiers

2- Big Modifided Skytrooper (Like in Ch.16 KOTFE)

3- Captain of Zakuul Knights

Question

After Ch 8 KOTET and before the events of this fp is where all these time was the body of Vaylin ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attack on Nathema

2: Attack on Nathema

<Story Mode Starts>

Following up from the previous part - Arcann and or Lana inform you they've been able to track the Exarch's shuttle to Nathema. Fearing the Exarch has somehow managed discover other secrets from Valkorians vault, specifically to find a way to resurrect the dead the Alliance sends a team to stop the Exarch and...

LS: Recover Vaylin's body and the Holocron

DS: Destroy both.

-Flashpoint Starts-

As the Alliance Fleet arrives at Nathema, they're greeted by the Exarch's Star Fortress in orbit, a brief space battle ensues resulting in the Alliance sending a team to the surface via drop pods/escape pods.

Arriving on the surface the team makes its way across Nathema's surface battling the surviving beasts and the Remnant forces.

(Maybe have a part where all four players get into walkers? :D assuming that is even possible.)

Arriving at the remains of the Sanitarium, the team then battles the Remnant forces and any surviving Zealots from the prior visit to Nathema. (

)

Entering the remains of Valkorians Vault, the team find the Exarch, however, get 'zapped' by the Holocron before they can react. Overconfident the Exarch leaves the holocron, engaging the team, only to be defeated.

Final Boss: After the Exarch's defeat, Vaylin's spirit manifests itself nearby, immediately recognizing the Commander, she attacks. (Similar to how Valkorian attacked us in

)

Between 'wounding' Vaylin's spirit and the natural effects from Nathema, the team is forced to retreat as debris from the space battle begins pelting the area.

Picking up the Holocron, the Commander turns back to witness Vaylin panicking, however, is unable to do anything, fleeing to the surface to witness the Star Fortress explode.

-Flashpoint Ends-

Returning to Odessen, you speak to Arcann, Senya, and or Lana about recent events and the possibilities of Valkorians Holocron being able to resurrect the dead.

Lana who has been studying the Holocron claims it's 'powering up' but advises against using it.

LS: Senya and Arcann object, claiming if this is what it would take to save Vaylin, then they should use it.

DS: Leaving the Commander to either agree or disagree with her advice.

<Story Mode Ends>

--------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correction

The Commander with Arcann and Senya \ Lana upon arrival on Nathema use Walker (YAY!:D) because the way d Vault is extremely dangerous and the natural environment is not suitable for survival, so then:

1- Making his way through the ruins of the city (destroying the rubble with the help of shots from guns of Walker) Commander falls on the mountain - the lair of the Beast from the laboratory (first boss)

The Commander could find archival records about the ritual of resurrection

2-Then, getting to the Vault , fighting with Zealot's ,avoiding traps gas, Commander fight against the Exarch (second boss)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion

<GRIND!!!!!!>

Assuming this is a token unlock thing - grind the previous flashpoints 50 bajillion times and collect another token which will unlock an additional cutscene.

Ending

After collecting the tokens, Lana summons you (and Senya and Arcann) claiming the Holocron is on the verge of exploding, she advises getting rid of it before it becomes a threat.

----

LS: Senya and Arcann protest, claiming if this device can 'heal' Vaylin they should use it.

Against Lana's wishes, the group travel to Nathema and find Vaylin's spirit, looming over her corpse losing her 'mind' from the effects of Nathema.

Senya, Arcann and the Commander then confer over their options.

LS: Use the Holocron (Vaylin returns in a weakened state from the effects of Nathema and being dead.)

DS: Don't use the Holocron (Bye Vaylin!)

LS Ending: Vaylin returns with you to Odessen, which immediately triggers Lana (please, give me an option to tell her to shut up), however, Senya and Arcann thank you-you then have a moment with Vaylin in which you discuss what Vaylin's role will be within the Alliance/Republic/Sith Empire.

DS Ending: Senya pleads with you to use the Holocron, however before you can it explodes making any form of 'redemption' for Vaylin impossible.

Returning to Odessen you're greeted by Lana. Senya, now furious at you for not saving her daughter when you had the chance, attacks you again both verbally and physically, resulting in her leaving the Alliance.

-------

-------

DS: Lana suggests dumping it on a planet before it can do any harm to Odessen.

Curious by the events on Nathema, Lana promptly reminds the Commander taking it to Nathema would be a bad idea for the Alliance - so we do it anyway.

Arriving at Nathema alone, the Commander encounters the spirits of Arcann and Vaylin, fighting with each other while being continuously tortured by the effects of Nathema.

The Commander realizing he/she has the ability to save one of them then has the choice...

DS: Save Vaylin

DS2: Save Arcann

DS3: Leave them both to their eternal torment.

Arcann/Vaylin: Saving one of the two, the other curses at the Commander for not saving them, as you and the now weakened Arcann/Vaylin depart Nathema.

Returning to Odessen, the presence of Arcann or Vaylin provokes Lana into questioning your sanity, in which you could either

LS: talk her down

DS: Remind her who is in charge (Maybe this option will end your romance with Lana? - If romanced)

It ends with the Commander talking to Arcann or Vaylin about their role in this new Empire.

Neither: You drop the holocron, leaving it to explode as both Arcann and Vaylin scream at you.

Returning to Odessen, you inform Lana of what you've done. Which Lana would likely say is for the best.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correction

Sana Rae may can help with this ritual, she is a Voss Mystic and she must have more knowledge about some rituals of the Force:rak_03:

Question

As I understand it, you need to get 50 tokens, using flashes to unlock the scene with Holocron ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its AWESOME!!! You made a big job, Paul:rak_03:

--------

Give me some time and I think, what here it is possible to add or correct

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin

Edited by Blackvinils

Its AWESOME!!! You made a big job, Paul:rak_03:

--------

Give me some time and I think, what here it is possible to add or correct

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin

Likely in whatever the Alliance is using as a morgue or place to store all the corpses. I doubt there was time to do anything with them as the fleet goes into Skynet mode immediately after the Vaylin fight in Chapter 8.

-

Assuming future flashpoints are going to work the say way as the Umbara one - something like that yes.