Mace Windu all time best?

mikegoist

Since Episode 3 i as always wondering if Mace was greatest duelist that ever lived?

I mean he defeated Emperor 1v1 , nobody did that ever... Lame Anakin cut off his hand, he would finish him for sure..

Mace Windu was both very wise and incredibly talented fighter along with destructive Vaapad sytle

I really regrest that he died. I doubt anyone would have strength to defeat him.

Even Yoda had so much trouble with Darth Sidious.

What are your toughts?

Edited by mikegoist

He's over rated. The Anakin that beat Dooku would have beaten Windu. Also, Palp let Windu "win" in order to turn Anakin. Why would Palp keep shooting his force lightning if it was really hurting him by being reflected? He would just simply stop doing it if he were in any real danger. That was obviously all show in order to convince Anakin that the Jedi were the true evil.

Mace Windu is the greatest duelist of his ERA. Whether or not he is the best of all time is an argument for another day. However the argument is a strong one. Especially considering he invented his own saber style, and is the only Jedi to ever master it without falling to the dark side.

it is rumored that the emperor let him win and feigned to allow anakin to join the dark side.

This is only half correct.

Windu did beat Sidious in the lightsaber duel. That is fact, Windu was just much better.

However once Sidious turned to using the power of the force over dueling, the fight was over. Mace lost his grip on his lightsaber when Sidious hit him with lightening.

Sidious, however, stopped himself from over powering Windu do to the appearance of Anakin. He then used Windu to help him turn Anakin to the dark side, by making Windu look like the bad guy attacking a helpless old man.

Yes. Mace Windo, as strong as he was, DID NOT defeat lord sidius. And btw, mace didn't die either when he was tossed out the window - just a bit of star wars lore for you :)

I am interested. And am skeptical whether or not this is trolling. All lore I have seen states Mace died upon the lightening attack, let alone the 100 ft fall.

I have seen nothing stating he somehow lived and even attempted looking it up after reading this. All I found where Mace Windu fanboy forums.

Mind sharing what happens to him? I actually love knowing about the SW universe and if this is real lore would love to know the answer.

Mace Windu = Most overrated Jedi ever.

Anakin said Obi-Wan was as powerful as Windu. Yoda said Palpatine was out of even Obi- wan's weight class. Anakin flat out told Windu he had zero chance of beating Sidious.

Windu, being an out of control egomaniac, decides to run off and arrest Palps on his own. As a result of his failure, Palps wipes out the last few masters on Coruscant, converts Anakin, and is able to destroy the undefended temple and wipe out an entire generation of Jedi younglings.

Windu could not even handle Dooku. When Windu threatened him, Dooku just looked bored. Windu couldn't even get to Dooku. Jango Fett and a few battle droids scared him off. In fact,

Windu's idiotic assualt against Dooku led to the deaths of dozens of Jedi! Only Yoda's intervention kept Dooku from wiping out the Jedi that day.

So, I wonder, was Windu working directly for Sidious, or did his stellar incompetence just make him the perfect patsy for the emperor to manipulate?

Mace would have died regardless if Anakin intervened or not, its not like he couldn't have done something else and floored Mace with his superior knowledge of the force. Mace may have won the saber duel, but he was gonna lose the battle one way or another. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't think Sidious was letting Mace Windu win...I mean if he wanted to kill Mace and lie to Anakin, then that would have gotten the same point across. plus, that just seems more like something sidious would do. I think Mace could have taken Sidious because he was handling his lightning just fine, and he was hurting Palps by deflecting it right into his face. I like how Palp got all deformed when he was shocked, but Luke didn't look different at all...

anyways, stop worshipping palpatine. So the books say he can do really cool stuff, but the books just try to invent FORCE GODS all the time, so I don't know how much stock you should put into someone turning Sidious into Darth Jesus Christ. He just is the dark lord of the sith, and Authors want to sell their books, Comics, and video games (force unleashed reference, The main character in that was way too ridiculous).

Mace would have died regardless if Anakin intervened or not, its not like he couldn't have done something else and floored Mace with his superior knowledge of the force. Mace may have won the saber duel, but he was gonna lose the battle one way or another.

not if GL says he wasn't going to. GL is the absolute decider, and it's GL's galaxy.

Edited by Gantoris_Aym

I don't think Sidious was letting Mace Windu win...I mean if he wanted to kill Mace and lie to Anakin, then that would have gotten the same point across. plus, that just seems more like something sidious would do. I think Mace could have taken Sidious because he was handling his lightning just fine, and he was hurting Palps by deflecting it right into his face. I like how Palp got all deformed when he was shocked, but Luke didn't look different at all...

anyways, stop worshipping palpatine. So the books say he can do really cool stuff, but the books just try to invent FORCE GODS all the time, so I don't know how much stock you should put into someone turning Sidious into Darth Jesus Christ. He just is the dark lord of the sith, and Authors want to sell their books, Comics, and video games (force unleashed reference, The main character in that was way too ridiculous).

not if GL says he wasn't going to. GL is the absolute decider, and it's GL's galaxy.

Well GL says Sidious is the strongest, and as you said its his galaxy.

If you read the novel the force lightning was bending his lightsaber and he was losing his grip. He only stopped the force lightning because Anakin showed up.

Well GL says Sidious is the strongest, and as you said its his galaxy.

If you read the novel the force lightning was bending his lightsaber and he was losing his grip. He only stopped the force lightning because Anakin showed up.

well I watched the movie, read the book, and I read GL's statement. So we have a contradiciton, and that's not my fault. So what you're saying doesn't really mean anything.

I know, but he didn't so Mace was gonna die one way or the other. Infact Mace left himself completely open to force lighting or any other force power when he was about to make the final blow.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yes. Mace Windo, as strong as he was, DID NOT defeat lord sidius. And btw, mace didn't die either when he was tossed out the window - just a bit of star wars lore for you :)

^this. He was contractually obligated not to go out like a punk. Therefore, he must be alive.

Fun fact: SLJ made up his in-movie lightsaber style himself. That's right, Samuel L. Jackson actually invented the greatest lightsaber style.

Mace windu was an over rated punk.

Does he look like a punk?!

He's a mushroom cloud layin, motherfudger, motherfudger.

He invented Vaapad, for when you absolutely, positively have to kill every mothereffer in the room. Accept no substitutes.

I can't believe you'd even say that. This is some f*cked-up repugnant sh*t

• 1 month later...
Does he look like a punk?!

He's a mushroom cloud layin, motherfudger, motherfudger.

He invented Vaapad, for when you absolutely, positively have to kill every mothereffer in the room. Accept no substitutes.

I can't believe you'd even say that. This is some f*cked-up repugnant sh*t

What country are you from?!

"What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in "What?!"

Mace Windu is the greatest duelist of his ERA. Whether or not he is the best of all time is an argument for another day. However the argument is a strong one. Especially considering he invented his own saber style, and is the only Jedi to ever master it without falling to the dark side.

This is only half correct.

Windu did beat Sidious in the lightsaber duel. That is fact, Windu was just much better.

However once Sidious turned to using the power of the force over dueling, the fight was over. Mace lost his grip on his lightsaber when Sidious hit him with lightening.

Sidious, however, stopped himself from over powering Windu do to the appearance of Anakin. He then used Windu to help him turn Anakin to the dark side, by making Windu look like the bad guy attacking a helpless old man.

I think Sidous was worn out, did you notice how quickly he moved to kill the other masters? In the book it was described as him being a red flash.