want to make rep healer, need expert advice!

karlblackdog

Hey guys, need some vet knowledge here.

Which one is most viable at endgame PvP and PVE?

Which has the best story?

Which is the best for leveling?

Which is easiest for a rookie healer?

And above all, which is most fun?

Right now I'm torn.

Commando has Jennifer Hale, Sage is said to be OP (although I have taken those claims with a kilo of salt) and the smuggler is, well the gorram smuggler!

Any advice is extremly appreaciated.

May the Force be with you all and this game in the months to come. :csw_bluesaber:

IF it was Imperial side...

If you mean easiest for a rookie healer to heal = pyrotech powertech

If you mean easiest to play as a rookie healer = bodyguard mercenary

BH story is one of the best

Leveling is balanced; you don't die often, but you don't burn through mobs that fast

Both are valuable in PVP and can hold their own in PVE

Same goes for republic side mirrors, except trooper story is bland like most republic-side stories.

Edited by GARhenus

Hey guys, need some vet knowledge here.

Right now I'm torn.

Commando has Jennifer Hale, Sage is said to be OP (although I have taken those claims with a kilo of salt) and the smuggler is, well the gorram smuggler!

Any advice is extremly appreaciated.

May the Force be with you all and this game in the months to come. :csw_bluesaber:

They all are quite viable. I guess slight preference in PvP goes to Scoundrel, in PvE to Sage (but only slight)

I guess it depends on a personal preference. I played only Smuggler and Consular ones - IMO Smuggler is more fun - it's adventurous, funny and full of great lines. Although if you're into Force-users, you have only one choice.

Levelling as a healer is always slightly slow, no matter which class. But you get the privilege to heal through flashpoints which is a lot of fun. As a Scoundrel you can stealth past a lot of mobs, but you'll have to catch up on XP in flashpoints or PvP then.

Sage is considered to be the easiest healer, Scoundrel - hardest

I love healing as Scoundrel. As I said, it's the hardest one, but if played perfectly, shows insane power in PvP.

Edited by Lightning_

Sage is considered to be the easiest healer, Scoundrel - hardest

I love healing as Scoundrel. As I said, it's the hardest one, but if played perfectly, shows insane power in PvP.

I agree with the rest, but what makes you think Scoundrel is the hardest healer? Resource-wise maybe, but once you actually learn to control yourself and use the proper abilities and Cool Head, it's mind-numbingly easy. Part of why I went back to DPS after speccing at level 47; it was just run and hit instants, trying to generate as many Upper Hands as possible, or take cover and cycle Underworld Medicine and Emergency Medpack if you're not being chased.

It's a lot harder to stay alive as a Sage, which makes the class harder to play in my opinion. From a PvP perspective of course, since PvE boils down to finding a resource-neutral or -positive rotation and using that, then burst-healing when you need to and recovering energy in a lull. Nothing really reactionary or difficult about developing the best rotation for your class and yet, with the Sorc/Sage nerf, it's still harder to maintain energy on a Sage than it is a Scoundrel.

I agree with the rest, but what makes you think Scoundrel is the hardest healer? Resource-wise maybe, but once you actually learn to control yourself and use the proper abilities and Cool Head, it's mind-numbingly easy. Part of why I went back to DPS after speccing at level 47; it was just run and hit instants, trying to generate as many Upper Hands as possible, or take cover and cycle Underworld Medicine and Emergency Medpack if you're not being chased.

IMO, managing SRMPs is what makes or breaks a Scoundrel healer, and that's the hardest part. You need the perfect timing to refresh the stacks, need to make sure players with stacks are in your LoS, that they are actually getting damage, that you're not dropping too low on energy, that you're always keeping 1 UH for the bonus healing, and all of that while keeping objective awareness. While as a Sage you just have less things to worry about. True, it's much harder to kill a good Scoundrel than a Sage. But we're talking about a novice here, and I'd say learning curve on Scoudrel is just harder.

Edited by Lightning_