Official Q&A Thread for August 3rd Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that defensive stats are largely ineffective in PvP due to them only applying to Basic attacks (and not Tech/Force), leading many PvP tanks to forego tanking gear completely. How does the development team feel about the current state of tanking spec/gear in PvP, and are there plans to improve it in the future?

I sometimes wonder about that statement. I see it a lot. My tanks routinely need three guys to take them down whereas my dps can be easily hurt by one guy.

Would it be possible to see sometime in the future, a Flashpoint, Operation, World Boss, or some other PvE objective that would require a team of Republic and Imperial players working together to complete? As in, a 16 man Operation with 8 Republic and 8 Imperial players in the same group. I think that would be really exciting.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I just returned from an extended absence.

I, like I'm sure a lot of others, initially had characters on different servers due to the population issues. When server transfers became available, those two servers were part of two different transfer groups. One for Corellian Run, one for Shadowlands.

My question is, will I eventually be able to re-unite these characters?

Originally Posted by EkajNeslo

Has there been any thought about adding a Legacy bank or cargo hold where all your characters could share credits and crafting materials?

Also bound items and crafting recipes ect.

As Free-to-Play was just announced, can we expect to see a drop in content (moreso than we have already)? I imagine that the Free-to-Play model means that we will not being seeing any SGRs, new companions or new gear sets and that the new Operations coming in will be the last.

I am sure that I am not alone on this one. When the game launched I made 8 characters(4 Republic & 4 Imperial). When game update 1.3 was installed it gave a perk to create a character on the opposing faction (ie..Pureblood Sith Jedi). I would like to know why there have not been additional character slots added because I cannot benefit from this perk. I do not want to delete any of my existing characters.:rak_02:

Since moving the population to destination servers, there are significant server-side hiccups when many players are placed into a single server (For example, 100+ people in Denova(1) or 50+ people in The Pit(1)). Are there immediate plans to rectify this issue (such as lowering instance server player caps or re-purposing source server resources) that you can elaborate on?

In the announcement for Free-to-Play you say we get 1000 coins for the Collector's Edition, but in the FAQ for "I’m confused, how many Cartel Coins will I receive when the free-to-play option is offered?", you say we get 500 coins. Which is correct?

Also, will the items for sale from the Cartel be unique to that means of acquisition?

Will their be extra character slots available soon or at least before or at the time of new species? Can you get those installed with the new cartel cash? I would gladly pay for more slots. I want a trando powertech!

Here's my question:

I recently played around with the voice acting (took me 15 mins) of the jedi knight using *simple* EAX software.

I was able to make 3 distinct voices without distortion and that were very clear.

Why not use this technology to improve the player experience by allowing players to change the voices at char creation to provide "Different" voices of the same class in content such as flashpoints? It is pretty bad when you have say a Jedi guardian and 2 sentinels in a FP and when the dialogue comes up, everyone sounds the same.

This is pretty easy to do and would make a huge improvement in the game and give a much beter experience for players.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

• Dev Post
Everyone - thanks for posting your questions! We'll be delaying the usual Q&A this week in order to create a Q&A for our new Free-to-Play option, but don't worry; we'll be keeping the questions you posted here and will use them as a source for our next regular Q&A. Thanks!