IA Healer needs assistance w/ weapons/gears

Ghardian

Hey all, so i've been away since 2012 and just recently popped back on only to notice a lot has changed from last time I was on (skills, gear, etc.).

First thing is first, I am lvl 54 now and hoping today or tomorrow to hit 55. My few questions are:

1) What is the best weapon (rifle) for us out there?

2) What is the best gear for both PvE & PvP?

3) What FP's should I be focusing on most to get myself some nice gear/items for my toon?

Thanks in advanced!

Edited by Ghardian

Artful mod and adept enhancement used with the skill armorings

As a healer you won't need accuracy. Heals do not miss. Get alacrity. 470 is good. Get surge around 470 as well

Maybe 1 or 2 crit mods or enhancements. Won't need much if at all since cunning our base stat adds to it. Around 100 if you want some.

Augments to full skill augments for the cunning. You won't need anything others.

Most do some PvP to get the focused retribution relic and seridipious retribution relics. 700 WZ comms each. Easy to get and work for both PvP and PvE

Run FP any is fine for comms and gear drops. Then the FPHM as well. This will get you to 162/168 gear and a very good start.

Don't forget Oricon. Run those missions to get nearly a full set of 156 gear. Easy to obtain and good enough for FP and FPHM

weapons don't matter as long as you can mod them. Same as above but use hawkeye crystals for the power. Skill barrels for the cunning.

The 152 ear and implants are good. You'll find better in FP drops (162/168). You want the power and surge onesie all 3

Do this and you'll be set to start Operations. SM 16 first to get going. Ask questions and let them know you're new. They will help explain them better.

Tip: on character portraits max out the debut icons. They will be easy to see when you need to cleanse a target. Use focus target on a tank so you can quickly heal or cleanse when required.

If you're on shadowlands I can help out in game. I've been on Vette a lot lately. I have been doing a lot of streaming at http://twitch.tv/therapy_needed

LEGACY GEAR. This is nice to have. Easy to move bound items between characters as needed. Plus good gear for companions as well. My juggs and Powertech use the set on their healer companions. Some legacy gear you can get with rep or hit DK up and pick up the agent set. Whatever look you're trying for

My operation rotation for healing is HoT everyone up. Max 8 at a time. As needed I'll hit recoup nanites especially in a group of friendlies. Big heals as needed on tanks. Keep your Agro drop handy is you pull it use it to assist tanks. You'll learn when to hot everyone and when not too. Early in a fight it will pull Agro. Tank and other healers are your primary concern since as an operative it's mostly insta cast. Oh before fights I'll hot up the tanks and stealth. Quick TA at the start of a fight. ALWAYS keep 1 TA up for the bonus healing. Surgical probe gives a TA every 10 seconds.

If you like we can setup a time and I could jump into an operation and I can explain what I'm doing and why. I get requests all the time for healing. I run concealment for PvP. I'm a tactical player. Not healer in the WZ. Fairly constant 3.5K HPS. due to our hots Effective Heal Per Second is low. I have hit 7,499 HPS durning a boss fight. Crazy busy

Below is my stats for my PvP build. Granted I'm showing accuracy in it instead of alacrity but the rest of the nmber are the same for when I heal.

Expertise: 2012

Dmg 1544-1850

BD 931.0

Acc 96.06%

CC 24.47%

CM 69.68%

B Dmg 1495.6

BH 1078.6

Acc 106.06%

CC 24.03%

CM 69.68%

E Regen 6.0

Ala 2.00%

http://mrdeids.com/forums/entry.php/24-SWTOR-PvP-vs-PvE-Set-Bonus

This link is to an image of my character profile. It is my healing build but with my PvP gear used for another post. But replace accuracy with alacrity. That's the only change between my 2 armor sets. Granted that's full brut 162 vs my PvE 180 gear.

I'm around 8% alacrity

Edited by Liquor

Here are better numbers on what I run for healing PvE, this is my Min/Max 180 set

Dread Forged Field Tech's Device Ear

Dread Forged Field Medic's MK-X Package implants

Dread Forged Relic of Serendipitous Assault

Dread Forged Relic of Focused Retribution

Alacrity enhancements in both weapons, pants, boots, and gloves so 5 alacrity enhancements ( Advanced Quick Savant Enhancement 34 ) Most go with 4 and use 3 Adept for the Surge

Power Surge enhancements in head and chest ( Advanced Adept Enhancement 34 )

All mods are power ( Advanced Artful Mod 34 ) EXCEPT **Glove has Advanced Keen Mod 34 for the Crit though not really needed** You can go all Artful Mods

All augments are Advanced Skill Augment 28

head and chest are using 168 (Underworld Armorings) for the set bonus to healing...the rest of the armorings are 180's since the 4 piece didnt really add anything. whats +5 to energy? we dont really have an energy issue.

This puts me at :

Cunning 3714

Power 1544

Crit Rating 108

Surge 470

Alacrity 470

Damage 1755-2043

BD 1180.4

Accuracy 91.00%

CC 25.92%

CM 72.96%

Bonus DMG 1708.8

Bonus Healing 1232.5

Accuracy 101.00%

CC 25.48%

CM 72.96%

Energy Regen Rate 6.5

Alacrity 8.21%

http://mrdeids.com/forums/entry.php/25-PvE-Heal-Spec-Set-up

^^ link to images ^^

Edited by Liquor

Hey thanks! I'm in the Bastion server. I will review all your notes, i've been slowly fixing my gear. Apparently i'm the laughing face in PvP, so I got rid of my old PvP gear. heh.
Ooooh, I hope you didn't vendor that stuff. You can't get it anymore.

Welcome back to the game! My Medicine Op's only level 44 right now, so I don't have anything else to add here. Have fun!

Ooooh, I hope you didn't vendor that stuff. You can't get it anymore.

Welcome back to the game! My Medicine Op's only level 44 right now, so I don't have anything else to add here. Have fun!

i still have the gear. =) i like to collect old gear that are no longer in game. wish I could display it though. hah

i still have the gear. =) i like to collect old gear that are no longer in game. wish I could display it though. hah
Well, you can upgrade the mods in it and still use it on a daily basis.

Or do what I did: Keep the pieces you really like for yourself and give the rest to your companions. The latest endgame armors are all Adaptive, too, so I'm not restricted to just putting it on Doc Lokin and Raina Temple anymore.

Well, you can upgrade the mods in it and still use it on a daily basis.

Or do what I did: Keep the pieces you really like for yourself and give the rest to your companions. The latest endgame armors are all Adaptive, too, so I'm not restricted to just putting it on Doc Lokin and Raina Temple anymore.

i haven't read up on it yet but what are the benefits of Adaptive gear?

i am in the process of hooking up my companions after i'm done building my PVP set and PVE set.

i haven't read up on it yet but what are the benefits of Adaptive gear?

i am in the process of hooking up my companions after i'm done building my PVP set and PVE set.

With Adaptive armor, the armor weight adjusts to the person who's wearing it.

So the same piece of, say...Obroan armor would appear as medium armor on you, Doc Lokin, and Raina Temple; as light armor on Vector Hyllus; and as heavy armor on Kaliyo (or Treek, if you bothered unlocking her...which you should).

Adaptive armor is what makes all of the Cartel sets so desirable: literally ANYONE can wear ANY piece of Cartel gear, with no real side effects.

The only differences of my PvE set and PvP set are set bonuses and Alacrity vs Accuracy.

Both set I have in legacy gear so I can move them to my 2nd operative or put my PvP gear onto the Sniper. I'm still working out set bonus for the sniper but operatives are set. Though I am testing a different set bonus tomorrow for another thread inquiry.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4010cZGbzrdrkrhGRZhMoz.3

My current Concealment build

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401rffbzGoRdfsZ0cZG.3

My current Healer build

Edited by Liquor