Pay2Win Space Missions ???

Dirtyshadow

I see this as a grind circumventing money grab usually associated with these types of business models. It's either cheeky or underhanded of them but saying the entire game is going p2w because of it is a bit of an exaggeration.

It'd be p2w if the cartel shop was selling armor/strength/speed boosters + credits you could use to buy the very top tier gear off of the GTN with. Yes I'm talking about gw2 lol.

Take a look at the cash shops of vitually every b2p/f2p game out there and compare it to the CM. If TORs shop is the one screaming p2w to you then you need to take a better look.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a subscriber, this does not "screw" me, it helps me. Until this time I was at a disadvantage to those that had tons of time to play the game and do that mindless grinding, so from a certain perspective, I could make a blanket statement across the board arguing that this helps subscribers.

You like P2W, fair enough.

But even if you like P2W, it doesn't stop it being P2W. :csw_yoda:

Hi everyone,

I've spoken to the design team about the issue of Grade 7 ship upgrades and the cost in game (resources and time) versus the cost on the Cartel Market, since this concern was raised by a number of people on our forums.

Our Lead Designer for the game, Damion Schubert, has this to say:

Unfortunately, there is, in fact, a great disparity between these two costs. We want to apologize for this, as there was a miscommunication internally on how valuable these upgrades were, how challenging they should be to earn, and how fast a player should be able to earn them.

We are currently looking at solutions that cause the least amount of frustration for all players affected, while keeping the integrity of both the Cartel Market and the game intact.

It is not our intent to make the Cartel Market the “way to play" the game—we want you to feel that both the Cartel Market and earning gear in game are viable options as far as value goes, neither being far more efficient or effective than the other.

We truly hope you enjoy the challenge of the new Heroic Space Missions and apologize again for what we hope is a small distraction.

I want to reiterate that we are actively looking at solutions and they will be communicated to you as soon as we have a solid plan.

Thank you for your patience.

Which basically means you will milk this so long until you find this "solutions that cause the least amount of frustration for all players affected, while keeping the integrity of both the Cartel Market and the game intact" until you earn enough to satisfy some exec.

Don't you dare thinking even for a second that we believe you will do any better than that. You must have been laughing like mad when you wrote that thinking that you will convince anyone in your sincerity.

Unfortunately, there is, in fact, a great disparity between these two costs. We want to apologize for this, as there was a miscommunication internally on how valuable these upgrades were, how challenging they should be to earn, and how fast a player should be able to earn them.

We truly hope you enjoy the challenge of the new Heroic Space Missions and apologize again for what we hope is a small distraction.

I want to reiterate that we are actively looking at solutions and they will be communicated to you as soon as we have a solid plan.

Are there any updates on this yet? I like the new missions, but Thanium Disruption is a bit too hard with grade 6 components, and apparently it's needed for two of the three weekly missions that are actually working right now. I don't want to spend credits and commendations on the grade 7 parts until you announce what, if anything, is going to happen to their prices though.

Are there any updates on this yet? I like the new missions, but Thanium Disruption is a bit too hard with grade 6 components, and apparently it's needed for two of the three weekly missions that are actually working right now. I don't want to spend credits and commendations on the grade 7 parts until you announce what, if anything, is going to happen to their prices though.

They stated that they plan on "looking into this" after Jan 1st. Basically, it's status-quo for a couple more weeks at least.

Its called a business and the goal is to make money....... At least you can still earn the items in game. I have played MMORPGs that did not have a way to earn items that were in the shopping mall..... Edited by Zinryu

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I've spoken to the design team about the issue of Grade 7 ship upgrades and the cost in game (resources and time) versus the cost on the Cartel Market, since this concern was raised by a number of people on our forums.

We are currently looking at solutions that cause the least amount of frustration for all players affected, while keeping the integrity of both the Cartel Market and the game intact.

So the solution turned out to be:

"The costs for Grade 7 ship upgrades available from the Fleet vendor, Daily vendor, and Starship Upgrades credit vendor have been reduced." (http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.6.2/182013)

So no refund of overspent commendations/credits, then? Needless to say, it's not enough.

Edited by Felioats

So the solution turned out to be:

"The costs for Grade 7 ship upgrades available from the Fleet vendor, Daily vendor, and Starship Upgrades credit vendor have been reduced." (http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.6.2/182013)

So no refund of overspent commendations/credits, then? Needless to say, it's not enough.

Wah. They fixed the problem. Go play the game.

You are playing and paying a mmo to play starfox ?

yeah I mean that is logical , let them have there P2W in starfox ...

I am not using that part of the game at all , so if people do and are complaining ...

there sure have a issue with themself .

shhhh.... whiners gotta whine.

shhhh.... whiners gotta whine.

Offcourse not , soon I am forced to play starfox , cause they put in rewards that are usable in the rest of the game...

screw starfox singleplayer , good for those selfishe people to be confined there ... Playing a singleplayer game in a mmo .

And hope they will grind months and years in that abomination sidegame .

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

It is not our intent to make the Cartel Market the “way to play" the game—we want you to feel that both the Cartel Market and earning gear in game are viable options as far as value goes, neither being far more efficient or effective than the other.

Thank you for your patience.

This post was made over 2 months ago, and as far as I can see there has been no movement or communication on this. There has been a full update, and many patches in this time frame. Please give us an update on how and when you will be addressing this issue.

This post was made over 2 months ago, and as far as I can see there has been no movement or communication on this. There has been a full update, and many patches in this time frame. Please give us an update on how and when you will be addressing this issue.

Are the packs even still for sale on the CM? Went to buy some for an alt to grind heroic space rep faster and couldn't find them.

Hey, Joveth.

If this is indeed the case, you guys might want to think about lowering the Fleet Commendation cost on the Republic Pilot and Imperial Pilot armors, because as it is no one is ever going to spend Fleet Commendations on those again as long as they are so cheap (especially when they are on sale) on the Cartel Market. Just FYI.

:cool:

Hey, Joveth.

If this is indeed the case, you guys might want to think about lowering the Fleet Commendation cost on the Republic Pilot and Imperial Pilot armors, because as it is no one is ever going to spend Fleet Commendations on those again as long as they are so cheap (especially when they are on sale) on the Cartel Market. Just FYI.

Are they still there on the Cartel market though? I can't find them.

The Pilot armors, yeah. One of them (the Experimental Pilot Suit, aka. the Republic Pilot Suit) is currently 50% off.

For 600 CC that's a deal, I bought 2 myself.

Oh thought you meant the spaceship equipment like the other guy. Can't find any on the GTN either, guess I'll have to grind lots and lots of fleet comms.

They're done with it, and it's outrageous.

I tried to get my commendations back through customer support, even escalating the ticket, and I was denied.

They said the price change was just them changing their minds, when in fact it we know it was a miscommunication, a mistake.

So I canceled. I gave the support ticket # in the form. My sub just ran out, but I'm sure it's not worth it to them to resolve the issue.