20% RE chance to learn schematic is too low for Campaign gear

Jae_Kazai

I'm Artifice crafting for my guild and have already learned the Campaign Relic of Ephemeral Healing, but when recently buying the +power campaign relic and trying to RE it i saw it only had a 20% RE chance. (And of course it failed to produce a schematic for it)

Bear in mind these cost 200 daily commendations already:eek: so you'd think reverse engineering them would have a higher chance than 20%. IMO the chance for learning schematics should be 25%-40% at least

Edited by Jae_Kazai

I'm Artifice crafting for my guild and have already learned the Campaign Relic of Ephemeral Healing, but when recently buying the +power campaign relic and trying to RE it i saw it only had a 20% RE chance. (And of course it failed to produce a schematic for it)

Bear in mind these cost 200 daily commendations already:eek: so you'd think reverse engineering them would have a higher chance than 20%. IMO the chance for learning schematics should be 25%-40% at least

I dunno... You can sell those for at least a million a piece. ;)

They don't want the patterns to be widespread. I believe the idea for having all campaign gear reverse engineerable is that you finally have something to do with all the extra commendation/drops after you and your guild are fully geared and have no further need for specific drops.

If you want to R/E a brand new piece you just got, it is going to be a gamble.

• 1 month later...

Nope, it's not too low. They don't want everyone to be able to RE Campaign gear because then you could just do dailies for 300k/day and then buy Campaign gear off the GTN for 1,000,000 a piece. It would only take you 3-4 days to get a piece of Campaign gear WITHOUT every having done Nightmare Pilgrim, Story EC and HM EC.

If you want top tier PvE gear do Operations. If you want top tier PvP gear, do PvP matches. My only complaint is that you can get War Hero gear by grinding rather than actual skill. They should reward people more for helping out in WZs rather than just AoEing the enemy when they're near dead so they get a medal. But that's a PvP complaint and irrelevant to RE.

I think the chance it's fine.

I would take at shot at this, but the mats required will be too hard for me to craft them at regular basis. I raid casually, like once or twice a week at most. And I suck at space combat :D

So using 200 comms on this even when getting the schem on the first attempt, will be a waste.

I really don't understand these posts. Everyone wants hard endgame content and rewards to be made easy and stupid and available to everyone, which completely defeats the purpose. If you're not that committed to it then you don't get the special rewards for being that committed to it!