Solo HM Darth Malgus

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think congratulations are premature. Where was the whole instance? There were LOTS of mobs to take on, and the bonus boss, what about it?

Show the whole thing next time. If it is three hours long, but honest it is worth the watch. Otherwise I don't believe it. You also cannot prove you were NOT using a hack of some kind.

Further up in those post the OP stated that he ran the rest of the instance with a Healer freind and simply wanted to solo. Magnus.

Most of the time when people post solo videos on Youtube they leave out the "fluff". I used to post solo videos for my Warden in LOTRO... but I would leave out the 1-2 hours of trash before getting to the boss for obvious reasons. The majority of trash fights are easy solo if you take your time in MMO's. Back to my LOTRO example, my Warden was able to solo most instances but it just took a very long time (tank spec'd, no dps). I assume the same thing goes here. I am not too certain as I play a DPS class in this game.

Clicker

What is your point here exactly? Some people can click alot faster then others can use keybinds. I, for one, have played MMO's for about 12 years now and I've always gone with a hybrid approach. Typically my left hand will use some keybinds while still maintaining the WASD movement keys, and my right hand will control the camera axis' as well as click some other abilities that are too awkward to reach across my keyboard. I use a RAT9 wireless gaming mouse. Nothing too fancy, but it has a couple buttons that I use for common things like my speeder, etc.

My point being, don't knock it until you try it. I've played with many "clickers" that have made awesome players over the years. Nothing wrong with it at all. Nice try though.

companion = not solo.

That geared companion is better than most pug healers.

I assume others have made my point, but I figured I might as well also.

Yes, so? You also ignore player skill. I've been doing a lot of random HM FP's lately. I've hit a fair amount of PUG healers that might be a bit undergeared for HM FP's IMO, but did well enough since the player knew the class or at least knew how to play. I've also hit guys in decent enough gear that were complete morons due to not knowing how to do anything. So yes, a "gear check" was probably involved to pull this off, but it's not like the heal companion suddenly gained playing playing ability just because he has the companion geared well compared to most players.

Anyway, this game is setup where soloing almost ASSUMES one has a companion out, at least past level 9 or 10 when one gains their first companion upon finishing their starting world and moving on to their capital planet. If someone says "Oh, I'm going to go level my alt, kind of just want to solo for a couple hours" I don't assume they are playing without a companion. So yes, I think using a healer companion vrs Malgus still counts as solo. :p

Anyway, why bring this up? To troll? Because you're envious? Just to be anal retentive about the definition of "solo"?

Anyway, this game is setup where soloing almost ASSUMES one has a companion out, at least past level 9 or 10 when one gains their first companion upon finishing their starting world and moving on to their capital planet. If someone says "Oh, I'm going to go level my alt, kind of just want to solo for a couple hours" I don't assume they are playing without a companion. So yes, I think using a healer companion vrs Malgus still counts as solo. :p

Anyway, why bring this up? To troll? Because you're envious? Just to be anal retentive about the definition of "solo"?

What he said! :eek: Companions are an integral part of the game. I would invite any of the nay-sayers to duplicate the feat using any class, any spec, any gear, but NO COMPANION.

Quite impressive!

Well, the whole False Emperor is a disservice to Malgus.

I mean, he has got hefty amounts of lore under his shoulder, he should be worthy of some huge questline ending in an Operation harder than licking your own elbow :D

Like Revan for that matter.

It's entirely possible he isn't dead, you never get him to 0 HP, you push him off the bridge. More ridiculous things have happened in Star Wars. I choose to believe that they put HK in this one as a hint that Malgus might be coming back.

It's entirely possible he isn't dead, you never get him to 0 HP, you push him off the bridge. More ridiculous things have happened in Star Wars. I choose to believe that they put HK in this one as a hint that Malgus might be coming back.

Agreed:

Yup yup, like that one guy, I forget his name (He's got Male Hawke's voice, lol), in the Sith Warrior story line that you throw off the edge and he comes back, even though you'd think he wouldn't have survived.

Sometimes, if you have enough DPS you can actually get him to 0 HP and kill him on the deck while he's doing his last "must fight alone" phase :)

All bugs aside, it makes you wonder why they went for the approach of knocking him over the edge at <10% HP when no other boss includes this mechanic. One would assume they are setting him up for more story-related evildoing.

Edited by Chaori

Sometimes, if you have enough DPS you can actually get him to 0 HP and kill him on the deck while he's doing his last "must fight alone" phase :)

All bugs aside, it makes you wonder why they went for the approach of knocking him over the edge at <10% HP when no other boss includes this mechanic. One would assume they are setting him up for more story-related evildoing.

Yeah not anymore, now you can't kill him.

Nice Going,

Just tried this on normal mode with a friend and could not get him over the edge, got close on a number of occassions but he just wouldn't move close enough for us to push him over. Mostly he just stood in the centre lightning away.

Anyone know if his been changed to require more knock backs to push him over?

Nice Going,

Just tried this on normal mode with a friend and could not get him over the edge, got close on a number of occassions but he just wouldn't move close enough for us to push him over. Mostly he just stood in the centre lightning away.

I've had troubles with this myself, with Malgus firing lightning from across the entire map, sitting on the stairs and not wating to move.

We solved this by starting the fight and immediately pulling him back by the entrance (around the corner to the right). This way when he hits 10% health he's already next to the edge.

Nice Going,

One way is to start moving down to the edge at about 12-13%, then when he hits 10% he will phase change and already be at the ledge. Another way is to have an Assassin tank or PT tank grip him to the edge once he starts shooting lightning (have done this numerous times)

So after roughly 6 combined hours over 3 days of attempts I finally managed to solo Darth Malgus in HM FE on my Assassin.

Wow I play Sith Assassin and I can't even come close to that, Impressive, needs better music though :)

What is your point here exactly? Some people can click alot faster then others can use keybinds. I, for one, have played MMO's for about 12 years now and I've always gone with a hybrid approach. Typically my left hand will use some keybinds while still maintaining the WASD movement keys, and my right hand will control the camera axis' as well as click some other abilities that are too awkward to reach across my keyboard. I use a RAT9 wireless gaming mouse. Nothing too fancy, but it has a couple buttons that I use for common things like my speeder, etc.

My point being, don't knock it until you try it. I've played with many "clickers" that have made awesome players over the years. Nothing wrong with it at all. Nice try though.

I take that same approach. I use keybinds for most of my stuff, but there are still plenty of things I click.

Congrats on that fight dude. That's quite the accomplishment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So after roughly 6 combined hours over 3 days of attempts I finally managed to solo Darth Malgus in HM FE on my Assassin. I just feel I have to show people ;D this is one of the hardest challenges I've had on my tank yet (it's relatively easy though until he hits enrage around 40%). Most of my wipes were due to using my Force Shroud at bad times and getting 1 shot by his lightning when he phase transitions.

Kill Vid

I'm working on soloing all bosses in HM FPs.. Will take a while, especially for fights with brutal enrages like Revan (13k hits T_T). So far I have done HM GXR-5 Sabotage Droid in BT, Gark The Indomitable in BoI, The Foundry Guardian in Foundry and now Malgus :).

Any recommendations on who I can try next?

Haha Keep up the good work buddy! Show all those whiners how pathetic they are..

I wonder did you actually solo the entire fp or only Malgus? Is it really possible to heal through his enrage in hm without a dedicated healer? Amazing

Edited by Sithcreep

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=549256

Quick vid of a solo HM BT when I got bored, haven't really attempted anything new lately but I'm definitely going to give Kaon a try shortly!

You should give Lost Island a try! HM is pretty brutal (even two-manning it is touch-and-go, and we weren't able to beat Project Sav-rak), but SM should be within reach. I would imagine you should be able to get the Sentinel Droid and Project Sav-rak down. Lorrick might be interesting, but he doesn't have a hard enrage, so you're really just trying to maximize your burst in his third phase.