What's the best way to take down Juggernauts?

Daylooin

Hey guys, I'm a DPS Vanguard in full Eliminator War Hero (Augmented). And I can easily defeat all the imperial class's in open world PvP and Warzones, but Juggernauts are a real problem. I just can't seem to take them down in 1v1. I've tried AOE, DOT, and pure brute force; nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions/tips on how to take them down?

What spec you having troubles with?

First suggestion I have is blindside them with harpoon - prevents them from getting focus from saber throw and leap.

Second suggestion is to kite.

This is IMPOSSIBLE and using Harpoon is the WORST thing you can do.

Why?

Because 90% of Juggs are Rage. That means they can jump to you 2 times. So if you use harpoon on them and start to kite they will jump 1 time, and if you keep trying to kite they will jump a 2nd time. Then they will do the "push + saber throw + jump" + Smash+Grip + Crush + Ravage.

What can you do? NOTHING. You can't win a Jugg with all cd's in 1 vs 1. Why? Ask bioware.

You should expect rage/focus guardians and jugs to be a bad match for you -- expecting to be able to take on everything is just plain childish. Vigilance and Defense are easier to take on but fighting focus and rage requires a regular and active defense -- which vanguards plain and simply don't have -- and for that fact, neither do commandos.

So again, what spec?

My answer is to kite. So what if they can jump to you twice, you have 2 cc's in cryo and concussion. Use them to build range. And of course, you have knock back.

The game becomes simple. If you'te inside of 4m for more than 50% of your 20s fight, you lose. Otherwise, you win.

My answer is to kite. So what if they can jump to you twice, you have 2 cc's in cryo and concussion. Use them to build range. And of course, you have knock back.

The game becomes simple. If you'te inside of 4m for more than 50% of your 20s fight, you lose. Otherwise, you win.

We have 2 cc, they can jump 2 times and they have CRUSH that slows u more every second. There is NO WAY an Assault Vanguard can kite a Juggernaut/Marauder Rage. Only Tactics can with that skill that makes u run 30% more and gives inmunity to slow downs...but it will suck cause Tactics SUCKS at ranged damage (more than assault)

We have 2 cc, they can jump 2 times and they have CRUSH that slows u more every second. There is NO WAY an Assault Vanguard can kite a Juggernaut/Marauder Rage. Only Tactics can with that skill that makes u run 30% more and gives inmunity to slow downs...but it will suck cause Tactics SUCKS at ranged damage (more than assault)

Well, I play commando, so I can't be sure the assault trees are identical. But as assault commando, not only do we have cc breaker, we have cleanse, and our reactive shield can also remove movement effects.

I still say we are capable of keeping range above 4m for 10s out of 20. (And if they are foolish enough to use their cc breaker on cryo, I get a good 6s to throw out 2-3 advanced med droids = 10-15k healed, while he's sitting in a daze.)

Edited by heechJunzi

This game needs to have 60 meter ranged classes and 10 meter mele classes with lightning and such being the only 30 meter abilities. I loved 60 meter ranged weapons in SWG. One of the best things about pvp for ranged classes in that game. All Jedi/empire were overpowered anyways kinda like in this game...

• 3 months later...

My 5 cents, I will try to explain.

Hammershot when in 30m range, try and get PC to proc and pop off a quick HIB. Let him jump you, right after the little stun from the jump... pop off ur neural surge and start poping off IR IP and HIB try and get as much burst in that cooldown, as when the Jugg comes out 7/10 times they spam smash and if ur just out of 4ms they dont hit you with it,

Next is a few seconds of kitting, if he is good he will push you and jump again. You can use ur other stun but i save this for when the juggs at 15% HP he will usually pop ALL of his Defensive CDs( the only way they win is by popping off everything.. anyone else notice, that they just don't die like a normal person) and try and kill you... This is the perfect time for that 4 second stun. Use it and just **** off away from him about 8-9 Ms, this will just waste his CDs he popped. Kite him a few more seconds until all of his Cds are off then back to bursting him down and finishing him off.

In the betweens I try and get a few IP and a few Hs just to keep some dmg going.

They do have a lot of utility and are hard to kill.