Joining In-Progress Games is a Liability While Questing

Exorno

It's not worth it to queue up for PVP while questing right now, because if you happen to join an in-progress game, you'll be removed from the match and sent back to Imperial/Republic Fleet as soon as you load in, because you're flagged as an AFKer while on the loading screen.

Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by Exorno

Nope, never seen this. You probably just missed the spawn gate because you have horrible load times (your problem, not the game's).

It actually IS the game's problem if it's flagging me for AFK as soon as i click Enter. It should start flagging you as soon as you are fully loaded in. It can check by flagging you as soon as you move around in the spawn area.

Or, you know, after 1 minute after loading in and remaining in the "i just loaded in" or "click to respawn, respawn" area.

Thinking of whatever I can, i'm not a programmer or game designer, but this is a huge flaw if i'm being punished for wanting to PVP while anywhere other than the Fleet

Edited by Exorno

A lot of times, your character is loaded in, but you are still on load screen. This is why sometimes you hear sounds from where your character loaded into, but you are still on a load screen. The game thinks you are already there, and gives you ample time to get out of the spawn zone. This is more of an issue with the way the spawning system works, rather than an issue with joining a game in progress. If you connection/harddrive isn't great, then it will always happen.

A lot of times, your character is loaded in, but you are still on load screen. This is why sometimes you hear sounds from where your character loaded into, but you are still on a load screen. The game thinks you are already there, and gives you ample time to get out of the spawn zone. This is more of an issue with the way the spawning system works, rather than an issue with joining a game in progress. If you connection/harddrive isn't great, then it will always happen.

It still needs to be fixed, and NOT flag people afk when they're on a loading screen -.-

You can fix it by getting a better harddrive/better internet connection. I know this isn't ideal, but it'll help you out in the short term while Bioware makes a fix.

well tbh, the loading times in this game are way to long, should be max 10 sec without ssd

new day bump, sorry for the mess on the first page

well tbh, the loading times in this game are way to long, should be max 10 sec without ssd

yeah this is pretty much the problem

Edited by Exorno

You can fix it by getting a better harddrive/better internet connection. I know this isn't ideal, but it'll help you out in the short term while Bioware makes a fix.

Using ssd, a good gaming rig and having a 100mbit connection. Slow loading screen. Not on my side tbh.