Solo Ranked

BonnerFett

Ranked has become incredibly toxic which causes a lot of people to walk away from it. And then the queue pops less and less often. No surprise.

Succinct. And true! ^

For some reason guys like Al don't grasp this though, their personal obsession with ranked shinies has made them wear blinders and pretend all the toxicity from the ranked community is a myth.

I guess these guys are so impressionable and weak, when an internet bully like this guy who's name rhymes with "Chikana" (that also starts with an "N" letter, you know, because it's funny having a name as close to the N word as possible) the weak have to join and support him so that they are not bullied, it's a cycle I get it.

It's pretty simple to see why so many of these guys have fallen in with your toxic ranked pied piper you mentioned, in fact I feel more sorry for them than anything they are just trying to fit in and without anyone to protect them they are left with little other options.

As for this behavior, somehow, we are supposed to believe that this abhorrent behavior only goes so far as chat though, it doesn't trickle down into how they interact with others. It doesn't trickle down into the games.

This is clearly false.. We all know these bullies actually take their shtick into the matches too, even going so far as to now ruining regs since they have already ruined ranked with their toxicity and that game mode no longer pops.

How do we know? Oh, I can give a nice example of what these individuals are now doing to ruin reg matches now.

All yesterday morning and afternoon, we had more than one premade of ranked heroes deliberately sabotaging regs, not playing objectively just farming numbers at mid no matter where or what match. They not only did that, they took the ball, carried it around in Huttball matches, and then just passed it back and forth the entire duration. In fact, they didn't even bother scoring not once, although they were so much stronger than the opposing regs team they were able to hold the ball the entire duration of the match, not losing it once.

This behavior is spearheaded by members of the ranked community who others follow. Naturally, now we have a bunch of this crap going on because BW hasn't stepped in and taken care of these toxic individuals, but I will not fully blame them. I get it that people are probably intimidated by these bullying children, especially other young players who are easy to manipulate and intimidate via peer pressure and the likes.

I am going to start petitioning them. I will encourage my guild to do the same, and i will ask my friends to petition these children now, because obviously no one else is or I believe BW would have done something before now to stop some of this uncalled for behavior.

Seriously. I have never seen so many racist, nasty comments made in an open chat channel on a game in all my time of playing games. Even WOW wasn't this bad years ago in "Barrens Chat." No way this behavior isn't what we see plaguing ranked, too.

There's no way people are carrying on like this and it not trickling into the matches etc., which we know it is now because we are getting to see how these guys interact with other gamers just by how they are now queing regs PVP and deliberately not playing objectives, laughing and taunting people who do, and then crying about how their "4s stopped popping" and so now they feel an obligation to premade it up in regs and just ruin every game they can.

Maybe guys like Alex can encourage these pals of his to control their inner nihilism, sadism, whatever it is that spurs them on to try to make other people unhappy with their glee in ruining regs now? Seems like that's all they want to do after they destroyed their own niche on the game. RIP Ranked until some of these individuals are dealt with properly.

The word "loath," meaning reluctant or unwilling, is totally different from the word "loathe," to feel intense dislike or disgust for. I was agreeing with Prum's statement about you. Prum and I were both in many of the games last night, and there was nothing fishy going on. Hopefully that clears up your confusion here.

I can use myself as an example here. A certain segment of the ranked community on SF don't like me at all, for a host of reasons. I unapologetically tank tunnel where appropriate; I call out wintraders and bigots, even those claiming to be "reformed." I've also been critical of anyone touting team ranked achievements, and couldn't care less what the "relevant" players think, which really annoys some of them. And then there's nikana, who I often troll because it's hilarious how mad he gets all the time lol.

Anyway, the point is I am in no way a part of any "cabal." Yet I play as much solo ranked as anyone on SF, and I almost always have fun doing it. I have only witnessed wintrading on SF a handful of times early in this season by a repeat offender. Since then, I've seen nothing even remotely obvious. And there is no one suspicious rising really high in rating either. If there were any reason to be suspicious of wintrading, I would be the first one to point it out.

I've been thrown on and/or kicked probably about a dozen times total over the course of the season. That may seem like a lot, but that's out of over 1000 matches played.

Honestly, probably 95% of the toxicity you see in the pvp channel on SF stems from one person (rhymes with bikana) that trolls that chat all the time on different toons. His main account was permabanned a few months ago, but he's been back for a while now.

Yeah one night of "nothing fishy going on" hardly constitutes how things are regularly. You already confirmed my suspicions when you said earlier HE was on during those "interestingly late times at night."

I do believe you find this behavior abhorrent and you do not support it, I commend you for having some sort of moral fiber when many of your peers do not that's good, however what would be better is if you wouldn't sit silently while these kids do what they do, dude, send in petitions till it's addressed. Otherwise the game mode you like best is only going to continue to wither more and more. These social problems between players can and do have a negative impact on the game mode there's no doubt about it.

All that said, there's only one reason someone "abhors" what an individual says, and that's when they dislike someone. What other reason would there be to "loath" what someone writes or says? lol. Why are you dodging this? Just own it dude. I just wanted to point out how you honestly have no logical reason to loathe anything I write about someone else's potential shadiness especially when it's true and you agree with it. I never did anything to you to create something within you that justifies "loathing" anything I write, but carry on holding your grudge against me for some perceived slight if that makes you sleep better at night.

I also like the use of Olag's euphemism you used, I like to use it too, you know the "confused" bit when posed at another forum poster to pretend as if we are trying to help someone, when in reality we are just poking them a bit in jest. I bet you don't have the guts to admit that's what you are doing you will probably pretend that you genuinely are just trying to make things less confusing. No, you are not.

In reality, it seems only you and perhaps some of the younger more impressionable juvenile players are "confused" why ranked is so bad now, everyone else knows why, especially the hundreds of people who witness ranked chat and behavior throughout other facets of the game. We see how these guys behave and how they ruin their own game mode, and now they are taking that behavior into other parts of the game like regs to ruin that, too.

It's a sad day when an adult (assuming these guys are adults although I wonder) has nothing better to do with their time than to log into a game, and then deliberately ruin the fun of other gamers just because they can. Just because their own personal activity is dead, they have nothing else in life to do but destroy the fun other people have in a game. Let that sink in. How sick and problematic is this behavior? Pretty bad imo and it will only contribute to the game losing more subs because these clowns are taking their act to regs and chat channels on fleet where they spend all their time now.

Edited by Lhancelot

For some reason guys like Al don't grasp this though, their personal obsession with ranked shinies has made them wear blinders and pretend all the toxicity from the ranked community is a myth.

It's not a myth. I've admitted multiples times that it's much worse this season than the previous two seasons combined. The excessive vote kicking is the main problem. But such "toxicity" problems have nothing to do with wintrading/cheating.

I guess these guys are so impressionable and weak, when an internet bully like this guy who's name rhymes with "Chikana" (that also starts with an "N" letter, you know, because it's funny having a name as close to the N word as possible) the weak have to join and support him so that they are not bullied, it's a cycle I get it.

This is partially my fault for turning you on to this line of thinking, but nikana is not one of the ringleaders I was talking about in other posts. He's pretty much viewed as a joke by most of the ranked community.

Maybe guys like Alex can encourage these pals of his to control their inner nihilism, sadism

In what universe are they my "pals"? I literally just spelled out in my previous post that virtually all of the bad actors in ranked (still a small minority of the ranked community) don't like me, and I don't like them. This isn't complicated. I spent that entire thread arguing with solow calling them out for their ******** as you well know.

Yeah one night of "nothing fishy going on" hardly constitutes how things are regularly. You already confirmed my suspicions when you said earlier HE was on during those "interestingly late times at night."

One night...IT'S EVERY NIGHT. Virtually every night of this entire season, games are going until 2am or later. These games are all legit, and they include many ranked regulars. I play on a lot of those nights. I almost always go to bed when it's still popping. No one is queueing that late to wintrade. You want to know how I know that? Because I play in those games and there is no wintrading happening in them. As in, I have direct evidence that what you're saying is nonsense. If you think there are wintraders in SF solo ranked right now, please give me some names because I'd love to know who it is.

You seriously have issues you need to work out regarding solo ranked. I don't know what happened over a year ago in that week to scar you so badly, but you should work it out.

All that said, there's only one reason someone "abhors" what an individual says, and that's when they dislike someone. What other reason would there be to "loath" what someone writes or says? lol. Why are you dodging this? Just own it dude. I just wanted to point out how you honestly have no logical reason to loathe anything I write about someone else's potential shadiness especially when it's true and you agree with it. I never did anything to you to create something within you that justifies "loathing" anything I write, but carry on holding your grudge against me for some perceived slight if that makes you sleep better at night.

Um...this is getting weird. Did you read my post where I pointed out the difference between the words "loath" and "loathe"? And when I wrote that word it wasn't even referring to you...lol this is honestly kind of incredible. I have no grudge against you, nor do I hate you.

In reality, it seems only you and perhaps some of the younger more impressionable juvenile players are "confused" why ranked is so bad now, everyone else knows why, especially the hundreds of people who witness ranked chat and behavior throughout other facets of the game. We see how these guys behave and how they ruin their own game mode, and now they are taking that behavior into other parts of the game like regs to ruin that, too.

My only point of "confusion" is why people don't start queueing earlier like they used to. Your answer "they queue late to wintrade" is patently false. I know exactly what happens in ranked, because I play in it. You have no clue what happens in ranked because you don't. it's that simple.

It's a sad day when an adult (assuming these guys are adults although I wonder) has nothing better to do with their time than to log into a game, and then deliberately ruin the fun of other gamers just because they can. Just because their own personal activity is dead, they have nothing else in life to do but destroy the fun other people have in a game. Let that sink in. How sick and problematic is this behavior? Pretty bad imo and it will only contribute to the game losing more subs because these clowns are taking their act to regs and chat channels on fleet where they spend all their time now.

I believe that some of the more toxic ranked players would ruin regs matches on purpose. But that has nothing to do with what happens in ranked matches themselves.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Why don't we speak about "good" players who go to try ranked PvP without any knowledge about how to PvP? Are these "good" players make PvP better? You think it's enjoyable to participate in games with such "good" players? Oh wait - you can play this game as you want. I see... And don't pretend that no one ever seen healer or tank quit FP or raid when you can't kill the boss 3 times in a row. PvE isn't that much different for SR dude. If you can't handle a pressure of a MMO maybe you shouldn't play such games as it's clear you are taking it too serious. No one likes to lose and it's normal to rage about it. Actually it's better than trying to keep it inside yourself XD

Why don't we speak about "good" players who go to try ranked PvP without any knowledge about how to PvP? Are these "good" players make PvP better? You think it's enjoyable to participate in games with such "good" players? Oh wait - you can play this game as you want. I see... And don't pretend that no one ever seen healer or tank quit FP or raid when you can't kill the boss 3 times in a row. PvE isn't that much different for SR dude. If you can't handle a pressure of a MMO maybe you shouldn't play such games as it's clear you are taking it too serious. No one likes to lose and it's normal to rage about it. Actually it's better than trying to keep it inside yourself XD

Your comment to my post seems to have nothing to do with anything I wrote about. Did you accidentally quote me and meant for someone else's quote to be there? I don't see what I wrote has anything to do with what you wrote.

I don't care if someone "rages" about losing none of what we are discussing is about that.

Complaining about someones performance is one thing. Telling (not even asking, telling) them to stop queueing, throwing direct insults and being generally toxic is another.

The world doesn't revolve around a single individual. Instead of raging about it, you could make an effort to try and help these players rather than chase them out the door.

Spend a few hours queuing SR yesterday and had a few good games. And a few less great ones where the experience was worsened by a handful of people thinking the world of themselves and then going on a raging spree.

Only to then face them the next game and have them find out there aren't any more human than anyone else

Some people meme about it. But there are a bunch of them that are serious and they could use a serious reality check.

Edited by Evolixe

For some reason, the queue gets more active quite late. It was popping frequently from 12am-2am est, and it was still popping when I went to bed slightly after 2. I agree with you that I wished it started popping earlier though.

Is this 100% accurate? Monday-Sunday 12am-2am est on SF? Ive been trying to find the que timers. Or try to grind some rating but find myself waiting hours with no pop. Feels dead. I have completed 10 games around midnight est time before but wasnt sure if this is correct time all through the week?

Thanks

Is this 100% accurate? Monday-Sunday 12am-2am est on SF? Ive been trying to find the que timers. Or try to grind some rating but find myself waiting hours with no pop. Feels dead. I have completed 10 games around midnight est time before but wasnt sure if this is correct time all through the week?

Thanks

It ebbs and flows. Sometimes it starts popping a lot earlier, like 7-8est. Sometimes it doesn't really start popping in earnest until 10-11est. It almost always seems to get more populated as the night does on, and usually it keeps popping until after 2am (when I usually go to sleep, so I don't know exactly when it stops).

Also keep in mind that there can be games going on while you get skipped by the queue. If there's only one game going at a time and you get skipped twice in a row, you can be waiting for 20 minutes to get into a game even while it's technically popping. Queueing for ranked does sometimes require some patience.

Thanks

That is very random I would say. Like this one time, long ago I was doing ranked on SF and it wasnt poping at all. Then I got the bright idea to start streaming. When I did so people came to my stream and saw that im on SF and many logged in just to kick my butt and pops suddenly started and it were quite good games even!

So I would say its very very random.

Complaining about someones performance is one thing. Telling (not even asking, telling) them to stop queueing, throwing direct insults and being generally toxic is another.

The world doesn't revolve around a single individual. Instead of raging about it, you could make an effort to try and help these players rather than chase them out the door.

Spend a few hours queuing SR yesterday and had a few good games. And a few less great ones where the experience was worsened by a handful of people thinking the world of themselves and then going on a raging spree.

Only to then face them the next game and have them find out there aren't any more human than anyone else

Some people meme about it. But there are a bunch of them that are serious and they could use a serious reality check.

Have you tried to help them? For real have you tried? Maybe 1% of them is listening it's the best case. 99% tell you to shut up and play. IDK what they are trying to prove going SR and being globaled in every game but it's the reason ppl rage and are toxic. Everything else is just an aftermath of incompetent ppl entering SR. And the dude who wrote a long post here about how PvP is toxic could be the reason why. The main problem of SR is that's some sort of end game activity that has no restriction for players to participate in it. And toxic ppl are just natural filters. Let be honest none of us doesn't want SR to be filled up with new players who have no clue what to do. Also, ppl aren't robots and they do have emotions and PvP is a highly emotional game experience so if you are afraid of ppl in their hight emotional state maybe you should avoid SR. I've played SR from season 1 and I really don't see much difference in player's behavior. It was there all the time. Though I see a difference in WZ there was much more rage before because ppl were playing objectives nowadays it's more casual DPS fest. I don't want this to happen to SR too.

All yesterday morning and afternoon, we had more than one premade of ranked heroes deliberately sabotaging regs, not playing objectively just farming numbers at mid no matter where or what match. They not only did that, they took the ball, carried it around in Huttball matches, and then just passed it back and forth the entire duration. In fact, they didn't even bother scoring not once, although they were so much stronger than the opposing regs team they were able to hold the ball the entire duration of the match, not losing it once.

This behavior is spearheaded by members of the ranked community who others follow. Naturally, now we have a bunch of this crap going on because BW hasn't stepped in and taken care of these toxic individuals, but I will not fully blame them. I get it that people are probably intimidated by these bullying children, especially other young players who are easy to manipulate and intimidate via peer pressure and the likes.

I am going to start petitioning them. I will encourage my guild to do the same, and i will ask my friends to petition these children now, because obviously no one else is or I believe BW would have done something before now to stop some of this uncalled for behavior.

A perfect sample of a player who doesn't want to improve but instead make the game more casual. The next thing you will do is start petitioning because you lost your WZ though you had BiS gear in the game XD I applaud that premade for what they have done. And you know what? They didn't break a single rule of Hut Ball match because it's one of the strategies to win the match. Also, premades are a legal way to queue WZ. Calling people toxic because they play the game in a way they want is a bit exaggerated. If I remember correctly there is an achievement in the game to kill 10 players and die 10 times during WZ. So you even can't technically blame someone in WZ if he is not playing objectives because who knows maybe he is aiming for this achievement.

That is very random I would say. Like this one time, long ago I was doing ranked on SF and it wasnt poping at all. Then I got the bright idea to start streaming. When I did so people came to my stream and saw that im on SF and many logged in just to kick my butt and pops suddenly started and it were quite good games even!

You stumbled onto a good point that I forgot to mention. When people stream solo ranked on SF, that does seem to encourage more people to queue, I think because it confirms that it's popping more than anything. I wouldn't exactly call that random though.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

That's not random people flock to streams, you know that lol. So, I guess if we want solo ranked to pop more often I guess we need to have people broadcast they are streaming in solo ranked. Sounds legit.