Former SWG/Tarquinas players check-in thread

Tyndaleon

I agree with the guild bank bit. I still haven't activated it. Havent had a ton of clamoring for it, and we don't PvE raid currently.

It really is easy to make credits in the game, it just takes time. I always do the Ilum dailies on both characters every day- even if it means I barely PvP cause I'm only playing 2 hours a given night.

You can crank out the 5 solo dailies on Ilum in 20-25 minutes. Some specs can solo the Poisonous Strat (I can't, on either character sadly). If you get all 8 comms on Ilum (3 from the heroic), you can pull 80k credits easy without any extra killing.

Belsavis can go quickly too if you get a good rotation going, but it's still less money/minute and I'd really rather be PvPing more. I'll just do some of those as I wait for PvP queues. I generally clear about 150-250k a night depending on how long I play.

I don't bother much with the market and running missions for things to sell, simply because my server's population is so low it's not really worth the trouble.

Oh I know how to make money, I'm just so damn tired of the dailies I wanna stab someone. Wasn't bad before my friend had to quit, with a Healer + tank combo and two DPS companions we rolled through all rather quickly. I had the same issue in WoW, notably enough haven't done a damn one since resubbing lol.

I've unsubbed and will keep an eye on it to see what happens with the game, but for right now I might as well just play WoW, thats all this game is anyways. At least over there I have a crap ton toons leveled so I can hop around alot and 2-3 minute Heroic queues are damn awesome. Oddly enough, at least late at night, the community has been pretty good. Even in random heroics which is really shocking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow did this games Pop drop off FAST :eek:, been watching server loads and the majority are all lights now, what happened or came out in the last 2-3 weeks or so.

That all being said, if anyone is in a dead guild and looking for some good people to game with, we are still around send me a tell in game either on Gunner or my noob Raythe.

Gunner

Our server still has a lot of people on it, one of the the higher population servers around for pve.

I was reffering to the majoirty of servers in general being mosty light pop.

If you come to ordo look me up.

Gunner

Bioware's done a bang on job of killing their game.

There choice of game engine has completely killed them. It is the reason for the smaller server sizes at launch and the smaller raid/group sizes as well. Should of went with a proven gaming engine or one built in house. The game has already started trending, if the server transfers and such don't get out real soon they are gonna need a miracle to keep 750k.

I'm beta testing The Secret World atm, talk about a breath of fresh air in the MMO world. Has some interesting concepts.

For sure, it seems their game engine hurt.

Really, its just their overall inability to put out fires, this population issue being the biggest one. If its the game engine causing this, then yeah. It's just unfathomable how any AAA MMO would not have the ability to automatically transfer characters 4 months into its existence. If they had transfers up and running by March, they could have stopped the bleeding.

For sure, it seems their game engine hurt.

Really, its just their overall inability to put out fires, this population issue being the biggest one. If its the game engine causing this, then yeah. It's just unfathomable how any AAA MMO would not have the ability to automatically transfer characters 4 months into its existence. If they had transfers up and running by March, they could have stopped the bleeding.

While I agree with you, the bleeding didn't start because of population issues, the bleeding started because far too many people didn't like the game.

Take me for instance, Im not leaving because of population, I'm certainly not leaving because of community. I decided to unsub because A.) The game has gotten boring insanely fast B.) It simply did not launch with features that allows someone that plays off hours to enjoy the game. I can't do much about my work schedule, so I chose a game that allowed me to enjoy myself at those odd hours. Things like LFD tools, and PvP queues that don't take hours were must have for me.

It was kind of sad, I tried sticking with it by finally starting to PvP. After setting through 4-5 1 hour+ queues and never having it pop I finally decided enough was enough. WoW may not have one of the most stellar communities, but at least at 3-4am I can log on and do an instance within 15 minutes or get some PvP going within about 2 minutes.

Plus let me add the cross server grouping is freaking amazing. Its so awesome to be able to play with old Shattered Hand friends and current guildies without needing to server transfer or have toons on each server. They also are expanding that concept in that low level zones will be shared by a server cluster, thus increasing the number of low level players in each zone.

Trill, I honestly think you're in the minority in not actually liking the game itself. Not an isolated minority, but a minority. The minority that still thought this game would be less WoW and more SWG (for whatever ill-conceived reason)

The game didn't start bleeding subs until open world pvp was all but killed in 1.1.5. It was losing subs due to bugged PvE as well before this, but things really didn't start going downhill on my PvP server until 1.1.5.

Before 1.1.5, my guild still had 25-40 on a night at any given time. Kinrath was consistently standard during prime time.

If Bioware had cleaned up their server situation as well as they expanded it in December, they could have stemmed the tide of people leaving. Their inability to do so, combined with them postponing ranked warzones sent the game's population spiraling down to where we are now.

Last night, Kinrath Spider has about 100-105 concurrent logins - at 8pm at night! It's absolutely laughable, and they aren't alone. Some PvP servers are worse. it's absolutely tragic. Right now, they would be LUCKY to have heavy populations if they merged down to 10 servers from 100 in the US cluster. It's unbelievable.

I can't speak for the lifecycle of a PvE server though. I wouldn't know about those ;)

Edited by islander

Trill, I honestly think you're in the minority in not actually liking the game itself. Not an isolated minority, but a minority. The minority that still thought this game would be less WoW and more SWG (for whatever ill-conceived reason)

The game didn't start bleeding subs until open world pvp was all but killed in 1.1.5. It was losing subs due to bugged PvE as well before this, but things really didn't start going downhill on my PvP server until 1.1.5.

Before 1.1.5, my guild still had 25-40 on a night at any given time. Kinrath was consistently standard during prime time.

If Bioware had cleaned up their server situation as well as they expanded it in December, they could have stemmed the tide of people leaving. Their inability to do so, combined with them postponing ranked warzones sent the game's population spiraling down to where we are now.

Last night, Kinrath Spider has about 100-105 concurrent logins - at 8pm at night! It's absolutely laughable, and they aren't alone. Some PvP servers are worse. it's absolutely tragic. Right now, they would be LUCKY to have heavy populations if they merged down to 10 servers from 100 in the US cluster. It's unbelievable.

I can't speak for the lifecycle of a PvE server though. I wouldn't know about those ;)

PvE server that are large are a little more healthy, those that didn't have a large population are pretty much completely dead. The problem is you are looking at the game from a PvP perspective when it comes to subs bleeding. Yes the PvP servers probably didn't start drying up until the Ranked Warzone stuff, but PvE servers were already well on there way to dieing out.

Most PvErs had already burnt every ounce of content prior to the Rated Warzone thing and those that hadn't were often tired of trying to piece groups together. If you played past midnight even on heavy servers there were only a handful of people on. So for a late night player the game has been a nightmare to find anything to do that isn't leveling or the same old daily crap that was boring long before this game was made.

TBH the game isn't bad per say, there just isn't anything special about it once you get leveled. Trust me I wasn't going into this game expecting SWG, I was just expecting a little more than a linear WoW clone from 2006 :rolleyes:

Well, PvE-ers had their own end game issues, for sure. Just not anything tragically awful since, oh around 1.14? I'm taking an eductaed guess.

I am well aware that PvE ops were a trainwreck very early on, and admittedly have no idea how that would've adversely affected populations. I can just put up a comparative timeline to my own guild (which wasnt really Ops focused at all)

• 2 weeks later...

/wave Tarq, keeping the thread alive.

If your guild or server has died and your looking for a home Long Term hit me up.

We raid on a weekly basis and run HM Flashpoints every day, We are a No Drama/Kiddie guild.

We all really like the game and are here to stay, we will be here to turn off the lights just like in SWG.

Gunner

Cipo Checking in. Grant it, I've been playing since dec, i just wanted to check in now due to my server being able to transfer to Canderous ordo where I believe most Tarq people went. Well, Atleast the last time i checked this thread. Looking forward to seeing some familar faces.

Where have all the Tarqies gone?

Vadr has added 7 new players this week with more on the way, if your looking for a home in a guild that will be here till the end send me a tell.

Gunner

Away from this game, it seems. They chased everyone away with the ridiculous delay re: server transfers. At least they actually did it right, now that its here. It's still 6 weeks too late to likely save PoD. It's a shame, even 4 weeks ago we still had 8-14 concurrent on at night mucking through our empty server back then.

I'm content again. I'm back.

We'll see if they actually release Rated Warzones with 1.3. Maybe that'll bring my PvP boys back. For now, I'm content leveling my sniper on Dromund Kaas with 125-150 on it, and warzones on demand while leveling.

Need to update my forum sigs actually.

Edited by islander

• 1 month later...

Greetings my friends:

I decided the game was no longer fun for me, so I cancelled a few days ago. Just wanted to let all my (SWG)friends know why I haven't been online. The "straw that broke my back" was the lack of a crafting fix. I just don't care for the current crafting system, at all. I also severely miss having a house/shop of my own where friends can stop by and say hello from time to time. I have a need for balanced gameplay, with the game the way it currently is, all I did was combat. :(

I wish you all the best, hopefully we'll run into each other again in another life. :)

May the force be with you...

I'm getting closer to buying Guild Wars 2 also. I've just come to the realization that doing warzones for 2-3 hours a night, getting about 400-500 ranked comms a night, to get war hero gear that takes 4-8 days per piece to get is getting really, really old.

It leaves me no time to play any other character, and the idea of alting (which is supposed to be a hallmark in this game) a player to 50 just to go through this 2 month war hero grind yet again simply repulses me.

So in absence of a desire to really level other characters due to this...not sure why else I'd keep playing. PvP is all I do at 50. Open World PvP is still dead. Warzones are okay, but they'd have to halve the war hero grind for me to continue on too much longer.

Edited by islander

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...