Ive read a lot of post about Assasin tanking..

Tsabark

So I enjoy my sith assassin but tanking does not work out. Then I read all these post about how they can't tank because they are nerfed now. But I still want to tank. So what stats should I stack now or what should I focus on mainly so I at least dont die 6 times each instance.

Basically if yer a good Assassin tank tell me what you do. Thx.

Ive been playing wow for years so I know how it sucks when they nerf something good but ive only been playing this game for a few months so I dont know what the "old" assassin tanks were like.

I too, have been reading all these posts about us getting nerfed. And honestly...having already tanked all the new hard mode FP's and the new hard mode Op.... I must have the wrong idea of what "nerf" means.

I can not wait for 2.0 to go live. Assassin/Shadow tanks are boosted in my opinion. I won't go as far as saying that we're OP again, but IMO, we're getting pretty close. Force managing is sooo much better, threat is better (like it wasn't to begin with...lol), and damage....well everyone was ************ about the 20% armor loss, but we gained a ridiculous boost to self healing. My healers straight up said, "I thought you were getting nerfed! You are waaaay easier to heal now."

Only the shield that already comes from the enhancements. Absorb towards 60% and the rest in Defense for 30%. That should roughly give you the 30d/65s/60a goal currently used for Live. (All of this can be found in extensive detail in the tanking forum)

Honestly(I can't believe I'm going to admit to this)....the gearing method I am using on PTS is insanely stupid and ignorant (Kitru and them are gonna shoot me for this one....lol!)

On Live...using only the shield that is already on the gear I have 600 (5x12) shield rating. On PTS it's 720 (6x12)

I looked at my other stats and said "Hell...why not!" so my Defense rating on PTS is currently 480 (4x12) and my absorb is 840 (7x12).... plus or minus a couple points on each. I have no mathmatical reason for this. It's still early in the PTS phase for the geniuses to crunch the numbers and come up with the actual numbers that are going to eventually become "The Standard". It just kinda all felt right when I set it up like this (bear with me...I was drunk)....and so far....it's actually working for me.

UPDATE: My dumb *** finally had the bright idea to look and see if there was a PTS forum. Wouldn't you know it...a math thread. DERP!:eek:

Which just goes to show...if I was that far into left field with a football bat and not having problems tanking....can't wait to see what the QQ'ers will say next

Edited by Grumpftard

Assasins are the best tank now and unless things change a bunch for 2.0 they will still be the best tank as long as they are played right.

Out of all the tanks Assasins have to be the most active when it comes to knowing the fights, when and what cool downs to use. Being that Assasins have 2 seperate cooldowns that defend against two different things when used correctly it makes them impenetrable.

Even though in 2.0 our armor rating does take a hit our shielding and absorb have been greatly buffed, our self healing is buffed along with any other heals recieved is also greater then on the other tanks.

Don't listen to the people complaining about the 15% armor nerf, it does suck but we are picking up increased healing from all sources, buff to darkward, greater shield absorb and picked up and our overcharge saber is even better now as a cooldown.

Assassins are not nerfed. Not on live, not on PTS.

In both cases, Assassins have the best TPS (single target and AOE), the best DPS (single target and AOE), the best CDs (though 2.0 Juggies have amazing CDs as well), and the least required outside healing due to self-healing mechanics.

The downside is that the barrier to entry is higher. Playing well enough to mitigate more damage overall than the other tanking ACs means knowing your CDs intimately, knowing each fight (especially boss fight) intimately, and being able to track all your CDs and boss mechanics whilst executing a fairly simple rotation like a machine.

A poor-to-average Assassin will be squishier than a Juggy or PT. A well-played Assassin with good healers will be sturdier and hold threat better. This applies equally to Live and PTS.

I too, have been reading all these posts about us getting nerfed. And honestly...having already tanked all the new hard mode FP's and the new hard mode Op.... I must have the wrong idea of what "nerf" means.

I can not wait for 2.0 to go live. Assassin/Shadow tanks are boosted in my opinion. I won't go as far as saying that we're OP again, but IMO, we're getting pretty close. Force managing is sooo much better, threat is better (like it wasn't to begin with...lol), and damage....well everyone was ************ about the 20% armor loss, but we gained a ridiculous boost to self healing. My healers straight up said, "I thought you were getting nerfed! You are waaaay easier to heal now."

Only the shield that already comes from the enhancements. Absorb towards 60% and the rest in Defense for 30%. That should roughly give you the 30d/65s/60a goal currently used for Live. (All of this can be found in extensive detail in the tanking forum)

Honestly(I can't believe I'm going to admit to this)....the gearing method I am using on PTS is insanely stupid and ignorant (Kitru and them are gonna shoot me for this one....lol!)

On Live...using only the shield that is already on the gear I have 600 (5x12) shield rating. On PTS it's 720 (6x12)

I looked at my other stats and said "Hell...why not!" so my Defense rating on PTS is currently 480 (4x12) and my absorb is 840 (7x12).... plus or minus a couple points on each. I have no mathmatical reason for this. It's still early in the PTS phase for the geniuses to crunch the numbers and come up with the actual numbers that are going to eventually become "The Standard". It just kinda all felt right when I set it up like this (bear with me...I was drunk)....and so far....it's actually working for me.

UPDATE: My dumb *** finally had the bright idea to look and see if there was a PTS forum. Wouldn't you know it...a math thread. DERP!:eek:

Which just goes to show...if I was that far into left field with a football bat and not having problems tanking....can't wait to see what the QQ'ers will say next

Wait! what boost to self healing?

it's most likely the case that the op saw some threads that were put up just after 2.0 hit the pts, but not much has been said since dark ward was buffed on pts last week plugging the multi-add-tanking hole

Wait! what boost to self healing?

he's probably talking about the talent that gives healing boost when you stand in the puddle of that new ability.

that would be difficult to maintain as the main tank in a raid.

You know there were many more changes that affect the self-healing. Not just that.

Assassin's shelter gives 2% healing boost, puddle or no puddle.

The spew puddle gives you an additional 5%

If you have dual sins tanking, you can stagger them to maintain the 5% or stack them for 10%. (yes they do stack)

You know there were many more changes that affect the self-healing. Not just that.

Assassin's shelter gives 2% healing boost, puddle or no puddle.

The spew puddle gives you an additional 5%

If you have dual sins tanking, you can stagger them to maintain the 5% or stack them for 10%. (yes they do stack)