How do Hutts move around?

Reeny

How do these Hutts move around since they dont have legs/feet?

Do they slither around like a snake?

More like a slug. The (oft-times reviled) extended version of A New Hope shows this with Jabba talking to Han in Mos Eisley. It's not really a slither, so much as it is a rolling shuffle kind of thing.

They are gastropods (or assumed to be), though, so that sort of makes sense that their locomotion would be similar to snails/slugs.

EDIT: Infact, here ya go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eCg0rGfH-w Took me a bit. :U

Edited by Foxfirega

Younger Hutts do kind of a cross slither/scrunch thing. There was a Hutt Dark Jedi somewhere that gave another Jedi a pretty good lightsaber fight, so I'd assume they're not as immobile as they look. But as they grow older, Hutt custom says you let your body and mind degenerate through luxury and indulgence, hence the amazingly awesome padded thrones you see the Hutt Lords sitting on.

Younger Hutts do kind of a cross slither/scrunch thing. There was a Hutt Dark Jedi somewhere that gave another Jedi a pretty good lightsaber fight, so I'd assume they're not as immobile as they look. But as they grow older, Hutt custom says you let your body and mind degenerate through luxury and indulgence, hence the amazingly awesome padded thrones you see the Hutt Lords sitting on.

This one? http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081002230340/starwars/images/a/ac/Beldorian_Leia_Duel_TEC.jpg

I never understood why you wouldnt just attack the rest of the body, i mean compared to the size of the saber, though i assume that theres some sort of logic behind why it isnt so simple.

This one? http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081002230340/starwars/images/a/ac/Beldorian_Leia_Duel_TEC.jpg

I never understood why you wouldnt just attack the rest of the body, i mean compared to the size of the saber, though i assume that theres some sort of logic behind why it isnt so simple.

Because Hutts are one long bunched-up muscle. A smart Hutt would use their tail in melee. Least I would.

When Hutts are young they actually have legs and feet! As they get older/fatter the legs and feet is then "absorbed" into the body and they have to rely on slithering their way forward, or using automatic means of transportation :p

From Wookieepedia:

"they were generally classified as gastropods by scientists due to the slithering, slug-like manner of their movement.

In fact, a Hutt's thick, fatty hide hid a powerful musculature, allowing them to move with surprising speed on the single muscular "foot" formed by the base of their tail and belly."

Hutts are capable of moving quite fast, and considering the weight of an adult Hutt (a metric ton or more) they can do quite a large amount of damage in a charge. Randa the Hutt incapacitated several Yuuzhan Vong warrior just by ramming them in Balance Point.

They slither around, like a slug would, but as others have said they are actually capable of being fairly quick for their size. I honestly believe that they only do this in their younger years, when there health is in good order. Mostly though, I feel that the hutts slaves, do the work for them. That's just the nature of Hutts. Need something? Have the slave assistants do it.