Why this event sucks...

Uelle

I am personally pretty underwhelmed by this event. In fact I wouldn't call it an event, I'd call it a daily area.

The first event was so much better. It had a real hype to it and sense of community, the DNA samples were tradable meaning an alternative to combat: Those rich players who have played the game got to buy them from other players. The missions were released on different days.

This event just feels like the bounty and gree event. It's just another reputation grind. There's no rush to participate in this event. Not to mention the rewards are just copied from 2 years ago. I felt pretty cool running around with my pale raking and people ask me where I got it. But times change, people moan for things to come back and bioware gives them it

I don't think there has been much effort gone into this event, then again Bioware probably has a small team with all those layoffs and transition to F2P.

As an event ... 3/10

As a daily area...8/10

Edited by Uelle

I'm not going to say "This event sucks" because I am still enjoying running the content just like I enjoyed running the content during the original event. No I wouldn't say the event sucks, though I would say that it doesn't quite feel the same as the other one. There are new elements that I am enjoying doing.

The reputation grind isn't the issue, the issue is the fact that all the good items require needing on tokens from a boss drop, which without them getting to legend is a pointless exercise.

When will bioware ever learn that in a social game fighting over loot on a time limited event is not the answer?

Well, this event is how Swtor 2.0 is. This game has been heavily simplified for F2P and players have to lower their expectations. The event is pretty much exactly how I thought it would be:

- an own area which is disconnected from the original game (like all the daily zones)

- only objectives are: fight something and scan something

- no challenges whatsover for the single player missions

- minimal storyline

That said, I like the cave maps (I'm afraid of rakghouls and the caves are luckily nothing to be scared of; I could even enjoy their beauty tbh) and I like that the mobs in there are low level so that you can just drive through them without having to fight if you don't want to.

I don't really see a big incentive to play these missions more than once per side though. I'm not into grinding and I don't need any of the stuff the vendors offer. But others might be attracted by the items, of course.

------------------------

Well, this event is how Swtor 2.0 is. This game has been heavily simplified for F2P and players have to lower their expectations. The event is pretty much exactly how I thought it would be:

- an own area which is disconnected from the original game (like all the daily zones)

- only objectives are: fight something and scan something

- no challenges whatsover for the single player missions

- minimal storyline

That said, I like the cave maps (I'm afraid of rakghouls and the caves are luckily nothing to be scared of; I could even enjoy their beauty tbh) and I like that the mobs in there are low level so that you can just drive through them without having to fight if you don't want to.

I don't really see a big incentive to play these missions more than once per side though. I'm not into grinding and I don't need any of the stuff the vendors offer. But others might be attracted by the items, of course.

------------------------

I agree.

The real differences between the old and the new rakghoul event:

In the old event, there was only one mission when you started (with any char). Once completed, that mission became a daily and there was another mission unlocked for the next day. Each mission was just as easy as the current ones and required next to no effort. Each mission rewarded a piece of legacy bound equipment.

In the new event, all missions are unlocked from the start, with the exception of the operation-boss, which requires one run through all missions, then you got enough reputation already to unlock it. The items are no longer directly rewarded from the mission, but can be bought for items earned from the missions.

Difference: In the original event, many players complained, that they startet late with a char and thus were unable to gain the items. You needed at least 7 days during an event time of 14 days to gain the whole equipment set.

In the old event, having been infected had no drawback other than the "popping" and the associated death... which took a random time.

In the new event, having been infected got a large enough drawback to encourage anyone but griefers to avoid the plague (with the exception of doing the hidden mission of 'infect 3 players').

Difference: This should in the long run lead to a lot LESS infections than with the old event, as different to the old event and the dreaded snowball massacre, there is an actual penalty to the one being infected -> inability to cast non-instant skills at 100% reliability.

Personally I like the event. I also liked the old event. The old one was a bit better, cause it allowed me to kill wookiee, but the new one is good too. I personally prefer getting infected with the plague to a great extend over being hit by a snowball.

Personally, I am REALLY enjoying the event. I like the story, I like how THORN troopers look and I like fighting the Rakghouls. That being said, I started playing this game like about one week after the original Rakghoul Outbreak event and so I missed out on it. I guess if you have already encountered this it could be a bit of a disappointment.

The only real critique I have for this event is the fact that I am not too excited by the gear being offered. Just the look of them don't appeal to me that much I suppose.

I think the way the event is set up (except for warzones being effected by the plague) is pretty nice. One thing I do want, however. If this event pops up in any other world instead of just alderaan I'd like there to be different quests and new types of bosses for each planet. Add some variation to this. I have no problem with dailies, though I might be a little "meh" if it ends up being the same planet over and over. Would love just a few for rotation.

I don't go in for daily grinds, but this is a nice event, especially as it added a new area.

My hope though is that even if the event ends, that they leave the spike/tunnels in place and repopulate them with something.

I'd like to see a new World Boss in there, maybe fill the tunnels with Killiks or something, then if the event comes back they can just have what there is now, with it modified slightly to have an infected version of the World Boss.

I am personally pretty underwhelmed by this event. In fact I wouldn't call it an event, I'd call it a daily area.

The first event was so much better. It had a real hype to it and sense of community, the DNA samples were tradable meaning an alternative to combat: Those rich players who have played the game got to buy them from other players. The missions were released on different days.

This event just feels like the bounty and gree event. It's just another reputation grind. There's no rush to participate in this event. Not to mention the rewards are just copied from 2 years ago. I felt pretty cool running around with my pale raking and people ask me where I got it. But times change, people moan for things to come back and bioware gives them it

I don't think there has been much effort gone into this event, then again Bioware probably has a small team with all those layoffs and transition to F2P.

As an event ... 3/10

As a daily area...8/10

/boohoo !!! Geez !!! Here is a cookie !!! Happy :rolleyes:

I bet level 55's PK'ing a level 25 gives the level 55 credit for pvp kill.

That is exactly how bad I think this event is.

MMO stagnation at its best.

Done and done, not even interested in this event anymore.

no it does not give credit. if you have a problem with pvp, don't flag

As an event ... 3/10

As a daily area...8/10

I didn't know that they had Dewbacks back then. Awesome.

My hope though is that even if the event ends, that they leave the spike/tunnels in place and repopulate them with something.

I'd like to see a new World Boss in there, maybe fill the tunnels with Killiks or something, then if the event comes back they can just have what there is now, with it modified slightly to have an infected version of the World Boss.

That is a great idea!

I hadn't thought about it before but you are right that Killicks would totally colonise these caves once the Raks are gone

The reputation grind isn't the issue, the issue is the fact that all the good items require needing on tokens from a boss drop, which without them getting to legend is a pointless exercise.

When will bioware ever learn that in a social game fighting over loot on a time limited event is not the answer?

I was pretty happy when I saw the rewards that were being offered. That went away quickly once I learned that they yet again relied on a random drop from a boss that you can only do twice (at least they can be traded, but still). 6 ops runs, hm and sm, and no barnacle. I'm not even really worried that I get it this time around, since you can't hit legend for 5 weeks anyway, but there were so many other options they could have gone with, trading in DNA samples (not cannisters), drops from the wandering champs, making it a guaranteed drop from the ops boss. I just want to be able to earn my reward and not have to rely on luck.

The event is fine. It is quite fun if you do everything, Shellshock, Eyeless, etc. etc. It isn't a grind for me thus far and I've done quite a bit on several toons. My only complaint is that I would have liked to see missions build on missions like the first one. But then... there was QQ about that last time. And I liked the scavenger hunt on Tat last time, but then... there was a ton of QQ about that as well.

Net, net, with all due respect OP, "this event sucks" threads are pretty common no matter what the event is or what is introduced. So... same old, same old, here on the forums.