Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

What is everyone complaining about exactly? 500 free coins? Lol? Fair enough as far as I'm concerned, I was expecting some sort of temporary buff or something. I'll gladly take some coins. Very interested to find out what that item for 10 CC will be.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think they would've given us anything but fluff, you are completely wrong.

All similar rewards were vanity items/fluff - a tauntaun, a jawa, a mount, a title etc.

What were you expecting? A new warzone just for subscribers? A new planet?

Of course it was going to be fluff and since you already said you don't care about fluff, no matter what that item was it would've been insignificant to you.

Just because you don't consider it a useful gift it doesn't mean that it's not a useful gift for a large number of players.

If it would have been a unique vehicle, pet or article of clothing that couldn't be purchased for CC's it would have meant a lot more than those 500 CC.

Why? Because 500 CC doesn't take any effort at all. Yeah, it's still fluff, but at least there would have been effort behind it. And who knows, it might have actually been something that I'd have a use for.

Heck, a 3 hour buff that doubles my looted credits or Crew Skill rewards would have been better.

I've never said it's not a useful gift. I'll use it. What I've said is that it just doesn't make sense to appreciate subscribers by giving them coins for the CM. Some of us feel the CM is a detriment to the game as a whole and an out and out money grab by EA/BW in a last ditch effort to salvage their hundred million dollar investment. Trying to encourage us to buy more CC isn't appreciated.

Who knows, if the 10 CC, one day reward is subscriber only and something interesting...well, then and only then will I appreciate the other 490 CC that will be left over. Otherwise, I and a few others believe this isn't really a subscriber appreciation.

It's more valuable than a title or a cosmetic "thingy."

This particular award is. Only subscribers get it.

A title or something cosmetic or something not on the CM has more meaning, because a title actually MEANS something.

Cartel coins is currency, and you can buy them with real money. It is used to buy stuff off the cartel market. So no, its not more valuable, but i guess thats just my opinion.

Edited by Ayelinna

So you would've been more pleased with a Tauntaun in new colors than the 500cc we got then? A color only available for subs.

I would probably be pleased with that because the tauntaun with exclusive colors for subscribers is well...exclusive for subs...which means free players cant obtain it.

If it would have been a unique vehicle, pet or article of clothing that couldn't be purchased for CC's it would have meant a lot more than those 500 CC.

Why? Because 500 CC doesn't take any effort at all. Yeah, it's still fluff, but at least there would have been effort behind it. And who knows, it might have actually been something that I'd have a use for.

Heck, a 3 hour buff that doubles my looted credits or Crew Skill rewards would have been better.

Well, I think we both know that neither of these examples would've satisfied you, me or even if they did, they wouldn't satisfy another part of the community.

A unique vehicle would be unique until you logged in and everyone had the same vehicle/pet/armor set you did.

A buff for 3 (or 5 or 10...) hours would really mean absolutely nothing. It would be a one-time thing that you wouldn't be able to keep unlike something you can buy from the cartel market or an unlock in your Legacy.

Special gifts that are specific items that offer players no option to pick and choose what they want, VERY rarely satisfy everyone (and in this community's case, that rarely tends to be "almost never"). And since there are people who don't appreciate fluff (like yourself) a "fluffy" gift really means nothing or at the very least, it amounts to much less than the option to use a currency that you have to pay real money to get, any way you want to.

A title or something cosmetic or something not on the CM has more meaning, because a title actually MEANS something.

Don't mean jack diddly to me.

Cartel coins is currency, and you can buy them with real money. It is used to buy stuff off the cartel market. So no, its not more valuable, but i guess thats just my opinion.

Indeed it is just your opinion. I can use the CCs to buy what I actually want rather than being given something I (potentially) don't care about. Seemingly all you care about is being unique.

Well having around 7000cc banked right now I guess that will continue to grow. I have no need for CC's. Don't spend them and really don't want them.

Well I did buy one of the Sith outfits because it was on sale for around 200cc. So I shouldn't say i never spend them, more like rarely

While I will say thanks and take what I can get. I would have preferred something different. :(

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

Well, 500CC is a nice gift but it does seem like a lazy gift. But I'll take it. :p

I mean, if someone buys me a gift card for Best Buy as a birthday present I don't get pissed about it but it's not exactly memorable.

Still better than nothing though.

Yay? I guess.

Don't mean jack diddly to me.

I guess your opinion doesnt mean jack diddly to me too.

Indeed it is just your opinion. I can use the CCs to buy what I actually want rather than being given something I (potentially) don't care about. Seemingly all you care about is being unique.

Thats your opinion.

Id rather have the item rather than the CC which i....

don't care about.

And you seem like you've never wanted to be unique in a game before. Shame. But then again I guess that my wanting to be unique has nothing to do with you.

Edited by Ayelinna

Well, I think we both know that neither of these examples would've satisfied you, me or even if they did, they wouldn't satisfy another part of the community.

A unique vehicle would be unique until you logged in and everyone had the same vehicle/pet/armor set you did.

A buff for 3 (or 5 or 10...) hours would really mean absolutely nothing. It would be a one-time thing that you wouldn't be able to keep unlike something you can buy from the cartel market or an unlock in your Legacy.

Special gifts that are specific items that offer players no option to pick and choose what they want, VERY rarely satisfy everyone (and in this community's case, that rarely tends to be "almost never"). And since there are people who don't appreciate fluff (like yourself) a "fluffy" gift really means nothing or at the very least, it amounts to much less than the option to use a currency that you have to pay real money to get, any way you want to.

Not true. It would have satisfied me. If EA/BW took effort to make a good looking, unique to subscribers vehicle (and NOT reskinned it for sale in the CM) it would have meant that they actually do appreciate their subscribers.

If I saw a bunch of them on fleet, it would mean that there are a bunch of subscribers which would also make me feel good.

A buff would have let me get things I actually need.

Of course, there is always the option of having a subscriber only section of the CM, with items put in it that could be purchased with that monthly stipend. Add things in for the subscribers that would be useful to them, such as buffs like I mentioned. After all, there comes a point where the monthly stipend only gets used for gambling boxes to be sold.

Then there is the ability to get CM items through in game effort, rather than spending money on CC or saving up 3 or 4 months of stipend. Fluff, while not worth me spending real money for, is pretty much what we all collect as we run FP's and OP's or grind out dailies. Fluff earned > fluff bought in my eyes.

Of course, there is always the option of having a subscriber only section of the CM, with items put in it that could be purchased with that monthly stipend. Add things in for the subscribers that would be useful to them, such as buffs like I mentioned. After all, there comes a point where the monthly stipend only gets used for gambling boxes to be sold.

I like that idea.

omg we agree on something

If you like the idea posed by a calm, intelligent person who constructively and positively provided feedback about a feature they would enjoy having implemented... then yes, we agree. I am prone to liking the ideas of people who present them like a responsible, and professional, adult. I'm not one for agreeing with people who present their ideas like spoiled kids.

Edited by Superman_AZ

I guess your opinion doesnt mean jack diddly to me too.

Could not care less what means jack diddly to you.

And you seem like you've never wanted to be unique in a game before. Shame. But then again I guess that my wanting to be unique has nothing to do with you.

Why would I care? I don't get my feelings of self-worth from playing a computer game.

Could not care less what means jack diddly to you.

Why would I care? I don't get my feelings of self-worth from playing a computer game.

Yeh well not everyone shares the same feelings and opinions as you so stop dictating to everyone why everything should be YOUR way, then maybe i could start to take you a bit more seriously. Thanks. :)

And this has nothing to do with self-worth so i have no idea why you brought that up. I'm talking about immersing myself in a video game, role playing or whatever. Clearly you have no idea what that means :)

Edited by Ayelinna

If you like the idea posed by a calm, intelligent person who constructively and positively provided feedback about a feature they would enjoy having implemented... then yes, we agree. I am prone to liking the ideas of people who present them like a responsible, and professional, adult. I'm not one for agreeing with people who present their ideas like spoiled kids.

Why'd you have to mess it up with insults? Calm, professional, adult? That sting's, man...that's just mean...

Why'd you have to mess it up with insults? Calm, professional, adult? That sting's, man...that's just mean...

Because he's a child? Who uses his parents money to buy loads and loads of cartel coins and isnt aware of the concept of "value for money" hehehe but then again if he enjoys spending additional real money on internet pixels, then thats his choice :)

Edited by Ayelinna

Yep!

Complaining about free stuff in a video game. I think a few million Egyptians would LOVE to have her First World problem right about now.

I never like to bring real world issues into a video game, but I agree with your statement.

Lets be honest here, youd do anything to defend this game.

well let's just throw everything on the table: you'll complain about anything then say people will do anything to defend bioware when they simply just disagree with you.