Dont give us more content

fix the gamebreaking stuff thats in operations atm....some of the most common ones

1. Weeekly quests rarely complete

2. Chests are still bugged on pylon and council

3. People still die on zoning into kraggas

4. Kraggas weekly dosnt reset the next week (for some)

5. Puzzle boss in hardmode still iffy

6. 16 man norm soa lightning balls appear during 2nd dropdown phase

7. 8 man norm same as no. 7

although BW dosnt answer these types of posts and if they do they say "But we can do both new content and fix bugs" when these game breaking bugs have been going since our first nights of raiding i post in the hope that the current 4+ open tickets for lost loot...incompleted quests and boss bugs DONT get the usual crappy protocol droid that gives the useless generic answer of

1. We have passed it onto the appropriate people (closes ticket and never hear back again)

2. The equally pointless "look out for patchnotes".....wow...just wow

Hate to say it but with its opening success the only thing that will kill SWTOR is SWTOR and they doing a great job of making it happen

Edited by hoonz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that bugs should be a top priority if they are keeping people from completing the content at a appropriate level, but as it is we need more content to fill up our weekly play time.

so you saying youve completed nightmare modes?

your a better player then me then coz i cant get past bugged bosses

This is spot on. I can't believe how bad eternity vault is atm. I would be embarrassed if I were a Bioware dev. I totally agree we don't need more content, we need content to work as designed.

Unfortunalty I think we are going to be seeing huge overhauls of most of the game systems in this game. Crafting, operations, gear, itemization, etc all seem to be underdeveloped , unpolished, and untested.

The content and bug fixes come from different departments of the company, if the content stopped, that would mean there are people in the company that are out of jobs or not working at all.

Are you saying the peope that design the content don't take part in fixing it?

Well, they probably can do both things at the same time. The crew working with SWTOR is probably not a small one - and everyone do got different tasks. Fixing a lot of these bugs are probably mostly about trying to find the code that is causing the problem and fix it. The bugs can also be of a graphical or design nature - but still. While this is being done - what are the other members of the crew that cant work on the bugs going to do? Sit and wait until the content already out is all fixed so they can move on?

Well, they probably can do both things at the same time. The crew working with SWTOR is probably not a small one - and everyone do got different tasks. Fixing a lot of these bugs are probably mostly about trying to find the code that is causing the problem and fix it. The bugs can also be of a graphical or design nature - but still. While this is being done - what are the other members of the crew that cant work on the bugs going to do? Sit and wait until the content already out is all fixed so they can move on?

Exactly, I know in my line of work - I don't do the job of the guy right next to me, he gives me work to do when he completes what he's doing.

They can continue to design content. Designing content and putting it into the live game is 2 different things. Eternity Vault is an embarrassment to Bioware imo at least as it stands now.

Not too mention seems like an aweful philosphy to have the people who actually developed the content not participate in locating and correcting the problem(bug fixing).

Edited by Menisong

I've seen several threads pop up like this in the last few days and BW has already said in the past that they had additional content to add to the game prepared before launch. Additionally, the teams that would fix bugs and the teams that would create new content would be very different as it requires a different set of skills to be able to fix code, as opposed to inventing it(not saying that its easier or harder, just that it often takes a different way of thinking, and an insane amount of work to create a fix that dosent cause something else to go out of whack).

Additionally the patch notes they released for version 1.1 does address some( no where near to all) of the bugs that have been reported and complained about. While this dosent mean oh we are saved, it means that bioware is working on the issue and possibly that alot of the problems are more complicated than anyone outside of the their dev department realizes.

at 17:30 they start talking about plans for the future, and around 19:00 he states that new end game content will be released in the first major update(1.1) and this interview was conducted 2 days after release.

They can continue to design content. Designing content and putting it into the live game is 2 different things. Eternity Vault is an embarrassment to Bioware imo at least as it stands now.

Not too mention seems like an aweful philosphy to have the people who actually developed the content not participate in locating and correcting the problem(bug fixing).

I assume that there are a lot more than 2 coders working on this game. Everyone do not have the knowledge about all the aspects of the code content. People with the knowledge to fix these problems are probably working constantly in trying to fix ém - and fixing problems in code can take ages. It is not a matter of just finding it and its done.

Meanwhile - design and graphical contens are being produced but they cant just let this stuff sit in a corner and wait. The amount of work that would have been done would probably be overwhelming once the most of the bugs have been sorted out. So a team with coders implamenting this content into the game is required - letting the story progress even if the game isnt perfect yet.

And about developers helping out by locating problems in the content they´ve helped creating through design and graphics? For them - that would involve playing areas of the game over and over again, when they instead could do more productive things. It is up the Quality Assurance team (and the players) to find these problems so they can be fixed.

Edited by FrankPowers

I assume that there are a lot more than 2 coders working on this game. Everyone do not have the knowledge about all the aspects of the code content. People with the knowledge to fix these problems are probably working constantly in trying to fix ém - and fixing problems in code can take ages. It is not a matter of just finding it and its done.

Meanwhile - design and graphical contens are being produced but they cant just let this stuff sit in a corner and wait. The amount of work that would have been done would probably be overwhelming once the most of the bugs have been sorted out. So a team with coders implamenting this content into the game is required - letting the story progress even if the game isnt perfect yet.

i just find it horrible workmanship to put out something like EV. That should never have hit live...IMO. I do understand that a lot of people think this is normal for an mmo at launch. In the long run they have to produce quality content, not worry about who sits arouond, who is out of a job.....if the product is shoddy ( as EV is now) subs are going to plummet and they will all be out of a job.

I seriously doubt that the people who put together quests and such have anything to do with bug fixes. Content makers most likely use a set of prebuilt tools and drop stuff in to an instance map. The problem here is bugs in the mechanics of things, which very rarely do content creators mess with.

The problem is a game designer cant say hey this isnt done yet, as the attitude of most publishers in the market is, "oh its fine we can patch it post launch". EA specifically has done this with alot of its titles and i wish game companies would go back to pushing games back like they used to.

It is up the Quality Assurance team (and the players) to find these problems so they can be fixed.

I am not talking about exploits and quirky bugs, we are talking aobut EV being bugged at every boss in the instance. These are not things that are hard to find, they punching you in the face. When annihilation droid doesnt spawn, my god that up to the players to find? When you cant reenter the instance after a wipe and have to reset it, thats up to the players to find? This game is going to fail if this is truly their philosophy. The PTR should help a lot, in fact they should have put EV on the PTR before putting it on live....imo.

I am not talking about exploits and quirky bugs, we are talking aobut EV being bugged at every boss in the instance. These are not things that are hard to find, they punching you in the face. When annihilation droid doesnt spawn, my god that up to the players to find? When you cant reenter the instance after a wipe and have to reset it, thats up to the players to find? This game is going to fail if this is truly their philosophy. The PTR should help a lot, in fact they should have put EV on the PTR before putting it on live....imo.

Okey, sorry - I misunderstood. But these things seem to be all about code in the game. Designers and graphical artists cant help out in any way..

And as a previous post said - dont blame the developers. It is always the publishers that pushes the launch because they want it to launch when the chances of people buying it is greatest. All the developers can do is smile and work hard to get as much done as possible.

EV was tested and showcased and did not have these bugs in the limited testing environments, when they have thousands of people doing it every day it reveals alot of things that may not have been noticed, or they are in the process of fixing and it is either extremely complicated, or causes other problems(possibly worse ones) when you fix the ones currently there. Fixing the boss to spawn likely isnt going to be as simple as editing a few dozen lines of code.

And as a previous post said - dont blame the developers. It is always the publishers that pushes the launch because they want it to launch when the chances of people buying it is greatest. All the developers can do is smile and work hard to get as much done as possible.

Yeah, I am not blaming the "devs" per se...I am blaming Bioware. They are making the game. they are the ones that have said it will be Bioware quality, they are the ones that have said we won't put "thngs" out until it is ready. I am not going to jump on the blame the publisher bandwagon either, Bioware made this game, it is on them.

However, I am not so mad I am giving up my subscription. I think they have a very very fun game. But I am not at all excited to hear we get a new flashpoint, when the operations they have in game now don't work as intended.

EV was tested and showcased and did not have these bugs in the limited testing environments, when they have thousands of people doing it every day it reveals alot of things that may not have been noticed, or they are in the process of fixing and it is either extremely complicated, or causes other problems(possibly worse ones) when you fix the ones currently there. Fixing the boss to spawn likely isnt going to be as simple as editing a few dozen lines of code.

You are misunderstanding what I am saying. I am not saying it is easy or fast to fix. I am saying they should have found these major problems before it went live. This is what BETA is for, they chose a "weekend" beta for starter zones, they screwed up, I think the "docters" have even made comments regarding this.

However, BioWare is the developing company as a division of EA, while EA is the publishing company. It is most likely EA pushing for release - not BioWare.

Yep, and I hold them responsible for the quality of the game. I will not jump on the evil publisher bandwagon. Bioware made the game, I will give them the credit for the good content and the bad.

Yep, and I hold them responsible for the quality of the game. I will not jump on the evil publisher bandwagon. Bioware made the game, I will give them the credit for the good content and the bad.

Fair enough, I do not agree but everyone are entitled to have their own opinion ^^

Edited by FrankPowers

Are you saying the peope that design the content don't take part in fixing it?

There is a reasonable chance they don't, at least not fully.

For instance the creative team, responsible for all the artwork, stories and models/instances certainly would have very limited input in troubleshooting bugs.

It is the same as how people in the company I work for who log and work on cases are not the same people responsible for setting up new projects and implementing the systems.

Whilst I do agree that fixing what is currently broken should take precedence it almost seems a bit glib to say "stop work on all new content till everything is working 100%" as if a script writer will have a remote understanding of how the chest unlock mechanics work.

Whilst I do agree that fixing what is currently broken should take precedence it almost seems a bit glib to say "stop work on all new content till everything is working 100%" as if a script writer will have a remote understanding of how the chest unlock mechanics work.

Never said stop working on new content. I said don't put bad content on live. Again, developing new content and putting onto live is two different things.

Its also ta little glib to imply that we are talking about making things work 100%. we are talking about bosses not spawning, not being able to reenter the instance after a wipe and having to reset the instance. This is quite different than occasionally my character appears to be running as though he is sitting in a chair.

Edited by Menisong

Never said stop working on new content. I said don't put bad content on live. Again, developing new content and putting onto live is two different things.

Its also ta little glib to imply that we are talking about making things work 100%. we are talking about bosses not spawning, not being able to reenter the instance after a wipe and having to reset the instance. This is quite different than occasionally my character appears to be running as though he is sitting in a chair.

Yes and we are also talking about a developers first ever attempt at launching an MMO.

I had literally 0 bugs with any single player Bioware game I have ever played, excluding failing to sign in to that console thingy on the Mass Effect menu screen.

It does sound like people are demanding things work pretty much 100%, given that the game is working pretty damn well as it stands as a whole.