In the Movies..

Lordgeneral

Right, first of I went to see the phantom menace in the cinema in 3D. Despite the haters, i sat through jaja and was not bothered at all by him, in fact adults even laughed at some parts he did which leads me to believe the haters really are the butt hurt fan boys. Lastly, the 3D was actually pretty well done for the saber fights in the movie so it is worth a viewing IMO, I enjoyed it thoroughly, including the extra scenes added such as introduction of all the pod racers and their pods etc.

Moving on to my main thought however.

My question is, Mace says Anakin is too old to be trained, why then during the old Republic era have we jedi being trained at the age of a fully grown adult or older? just my thought.

The Jedi order does not have one consistent rule set throughout its entire history.

Like any military or sudo-military organization they will adapt their regulations on recruitment and training to the current galactic political situation.

In a time of peace when they already have a good population their standards will be much stricter, but in a time of war or galactic political instability they will take anybody with sufficient ability to strengthen their side.

They're flexible with that rule anyway, as proven when the council allowed Obi-Wan to train Anakin. From my understanding, if they detect a Force Sensitive at a young age, they bring him to the academy to train in a group, class-based setting (which might explain how Obi-Wan was "trained" by Yoda). However, a Jedi Knight is able to take one Padawan under his wing and mentor him at his choosing, regardless of age, and with the approval of the council.

This is why Qui-Gon said that he would take Anakin as his Padawan when they refused to train him. He seemed to know that loophole, that rule, and that is my interpretation, at least.

Edited by xCyberpunkx

They're flexible with that rule anyway, as proven when the council allowed Obi-Wan to train Anakin. From my understanding, if they detect a Force Sensitive at a young age, they bring him to the academy to train in a group, class-based setting (which might explain how Obi-Wan was "trained" by Yoda). However, a Jedi Knight is able to take one Padawan under his wing and mentor him at his choosing, regardless of age, and with the approval of the council.

This is why Qui-Gon said that he would take Anakin as his Padawan when they refused to train him. He seemed to know that loophole, that rule, and that is my interpretation, at least.

Alright cool, get it now :)

• 3 months later...
Right, first of I went to see the phantom menace in the cinema in 3D. Despite the haters, i sat through jaja and was not bothered at all by him, in fact adults even laughed at some parts he did which leads me to believe the haters really are the butt hurt fan boys. Lastly, the 3D was actually pretty well done for the saber fights in the movie so it is worth a viewing IMO, I enjoyed it thoroughly, including the extra scenes added such as introduction of all the pod racers and their pods etc.

My question is, Mace says Anakin is too old to be trained, why then during the old Republic era have we jedi being trained at the age of a fully grown adult or older? just my thought.

You sat through Jar Jar?:eek:

I didn't know George Lucas would be posting on these forums. So......when are you retiring?

Movies = In a time of thousand years of peace.

In game = The greatest time of war since the Great Hyperspace War!

They simply need more jedi, and can't effort being too picky. Furthermore, lorewish the jedi classes in the game has already recived training as kids before the acctual game starts.

For a lot of reasons.

1. This Jedi Order and the Jedi Order in the films are set like a millenia apart. Things change.

2. Their order just suffered from a grievous blow from the Sith during the sacking of Coruscant, so their probably a lot more lenient on recruiting to replenish their ranks for the coming storm.

3. The Order in the films probably experienced something before the films that caused it to screen Toddlers over Adolescents. Like a rebellion or inside job betrayal.

4. They might be more lenient because their also competing with the Sith Empire for force sensitives. Beggars can't be choosers.

5. Maybe by then they wised up and decided that indoctrinated students are better than Students that have been corrupted or contaminated by the outside world, which could interfere with the training.

You can see reason if you think.

Edited by CassusVerda