Armstech - completely worthless

hobartakus

I change it with Biochem!!! Armstech gives only weapons for companions and alts!!!

It is totally useless atm!!!! Also no cash from market to sell something!!! It is like you have no profession at all!!! Fix professions! Specially armstech!!! Biochem is really powerfoul!! :D:D:D

I'd like to add that the Purple Level 50 Sniper Rifles may state they are rating 124, but in actuality only give you a damage of the base green - not sure if this is true with other weapons as I haven't bothered testing, but the purple wraith elite is definitely doing the exact same amount of damage on the tooltip and in testing as its green version.

LOL!!! I'm really sorry I understand your frustration, Im a Armstech myself, but the final conclusion is just so funny.

Anyway, on topic, I think they should really overhaul Crafting mechanics as right now I feel easily replacable person with my silly barrels...

My bounty hunter was an Armstech... hes now a Biochem.

My Assassin tank was an Synthweaver... shes now a... you can guess it... Biochem!(after making the 2 rakata pieces ofc)

Biochem>all

OT: Armstech was slightly useful while lvling if you make epic barrels for yourself but that's about it. It has 0 use once your level 50 because as said the daily token vendor sells better barrels then you can make and most items don't have barrel slots.

Would be really interested to hear why armstech is the only crew skill without rakata BoP patterns.

Edited by OniHouse

Find your market... It has been confirmed orange weapons can crit on craft, adding an augment slot... I'd say start playing about with that and make probably the best weapons in game atm, and definitely the best weapons in game after the upcoming gear overhaul.

Critical orange weapons will/should sell for a boatload. Obvious problem there is the number of alloys you need though. Outside of critical oranges, some critical purples will sell for upwards of 100k.

[edit] PROTIP: Don't try to make money through your barrels, you won't.[/edit]

Edited by riseth

i dumped Armstech for cybertech and i have to say walking around with a bunch of purple armor + mods is a lot more valuable to my character than either crafting barrels for an orange gun (and then having to buy the rest of the upgrades), or trying to create a purple gun that is worth it for my level........well with things being the way they are i was out leveling what i was working on before it even got finished.

So in short armstech trying to make a purple gun's all i was doing was getting started with trying to make a purple gun several levels higher than me so by the time it was finished i would be the right level for it........doesn't work.......you either have to be luckiest person alive with RE, or the slowest leveler alive to get usable weapons to your character.

So what is the point......because just crafting blue weapons and barrels i can find something better or as good with just commendations anyway. Also all of these problems i listed above were still present even with higher level toons with same gathering skill providing extra mats.

I do realize that many people are dissatisfied with all of the production of weapons and armor crafting skills ( for force user and non force user alike). But i have synthweaving on one of my other toons, and while it suffers from many of the same problems its still much better Armstech, which shows me how truly bad Armstech is , cause i am not all that happy with synthweaving either but at least its viable, at least i can make a bunch of purples for my toon, that i won't out level before its even RE'd to be purple.

You know your bad when a cash sink like synthweaving looks better.......

Only other thing Armstech is currently good for is crafting Purple Techblades and Techstaves which there are no moddable versions of ingame atm, sadly these are only good for Companions lol. The only weapon that is not moddable that players can use is the Scattergun which go figure seems to be completely broken in that myself and everyone I have talked to who has tried to RE hundreds of green Scatterungs have never learned a single blue schematic from em :\

Find your market... It has been confirmed orange weapons can crit on craft, adding an augment slot... I'd say start playing about with that and make probably the best weapons in game atm, and definitely the best weapons in game after the upcoming gear overhaul.

Crit gear still isn't good, that is the problem. An augment slot on a crappy orange weapon doesn't suddenly make it good. It's entirely too easy to get PVP weapons or columi grade weapons which are many times better than anything anyone can craft.

Crafting is terrible in this game. The only good skill is biochem and don't expect that to change any time soon.

I was excited to get to armstech 400 for the havocs fist... then, when I finally did... I saw it needed 3 biometric alloys. It wasn't even better then the weapon I had, so 3 HM crafting materials for aesthetics, LOL. Our best crafted weapon barrel is available for 8 daily tokens (far easier to just purchase one), the weapon I had by the time I hit 50 is far better then Havocs fist. With the cost of 3 hard mode materials, I am not going to build one in hope for a critical either, just so I can add an agument slot.

I am ready to reroll to biochem, so I can make the stims I need for raids and such. Luckily, I have all the materials gathered and stored in the cargo, so I can reroll armstech and hit 400 in a day just in case it gets more useful.

Right now, armstech is a COMPLETE AND UTTER JOKE.

I'm kinda sick that I spent so much time, credits, and effort into getting it to 400

I was excited to get to armstech 400 for the havocs fist... then, when I finally did... I saw it needed 3 biometric alloys. It wasn't even better then the weapon I had, so 3 HM crafting materials for aesthetics, LOL. Our best crafted weapon barrel is available for 8 daily tokens (far easier to just purchase one), the weapon I had by the time I hit 50 is far better then Havocs fist. With the cost of 3 hard mode materials, I am not going to build one in hope for a critical either, just so I can add an agument slot.

I am ready to reroll to biochem, so I can make the stims I need for raids and such. Luckily, I have all the materials gathered and stored in the cargo, so I can reroll armstech and hit 400 in a day just in case it gets more useful.

Right now, armstech is a COMPLETE AND UTTER JOKE.

I'm kinda sick that I spent so much time, credits, and effort into getting it to 400

You can get purples as good as the ones that need the biochemical allow if youre willing to RE for it. Green with augments and blue with augments do have a market (level 48/49 people)