Loot lock not door lock operations PLEASE!

I understand why you'd want to not be locked this way. Though it opens up a lot of ways for people to take advantage of it. Guilds would be able to just run certain core raiders through with 7/15 people on alts and gear them out without worrying about loot being shared and so on.

I understand why you'd want to not be locked this way. Though it opens up a lot of ways for people to take advantage of it. Guilds would be able to just run certain core raiders through with 7/15 people on alts and gear them out without worrying about loot being shared and so on.

Still doesn't make sense since gear is locked per person when it's dropped, only schematics and mats aren't.

Really doesn't help smaller guilds that are not divisible by 8 or 16...

Please, when any other game lately loot locks instead of door locks that makes this look terrible.

Came from DCUO and they had no problem loot locking instead of door locking raids. And it was nice since our guild is smaller and we help others out that can't make certain raid times.

A guild can still do this once it's main characters have all the loot they need from a dungeon.

Look at a game like DCUO. For all of it's faults, it hit the nail on the head with raiding. Raids in that game lock players to bosses, meaning that you can only get loot from a boss once a week. You can run a raid as many times as you want during the week.

What does this mean? It means you have people helping each other. You also have more raiding going on because filling roles in a raid becomes easier.

When I played DCUO, I played on one character. I enjoyed being able to run a raid multiple times, helping my friends out, even though I didn't get any loot (I did get lots of repair bills). It added a lot of value to the game.

The one "negative" people like to bring up is: What would stop people from running pay-for raids to gear up people? The answer: nothing. In my opinion, it's a valid way to spend your time in game. You still have to find X number of players to fill the group. You still have people playing the game. You also put a value on in-game currency. Most importantly, you open up the game for people to play with less rigidity.

Given how this can already be accomplished (granted, only one time a week) for players that don't need raid drops, I've never seen it even come up in other games. I think the "What ifs" are greatly exaggerated. Again, looking at DCUO, I've never seen this scenario present itself. You can't design around extreme edge cases.

Edited by t_rall

A guild can still do this once it's main characters have all the loot they need from a dungeon.

Look at a game like DCUO. For all of it's faults, it hit the nail on the head with raiding. Raids in that game lock players to bosses, meaning that you can only get loot from a boss once a week. You can run a raid as many times as you want during the week.

What does this mean? It means you have people helping each other. You also have more raiding going on because filling roles in a raid becomes easier.

When I played DCUO, I played on one character. I enjoyed being able to run a raid multiple times, helping my friends out, even though I didn't get any loot (I did get lots of repair bills). It added a lot of value to the game.

The one "negative" people like to bring up is: What would stop people from running pay-for raids to gear up people? The answer: nothing. In my opinion, it's a valid way to spend your time in game. You still have to find X number of players to fill the group. You still have people playing the game. You also put a value on in-game currency. Most importantly, you open up the game for people to play with less rigidity.

Given how this can already be accomplished (granted, only one time a week) for players that don't need raid drops, I've never seen it even come up in other games. I think the "What ifs" are greatly exaggerated. Again, looking at DCUO, I've never seen this scenario present itself. You can't design around extreme edge cases.

Agreed this is something every game should go towards, it promotes helping others more than anything.

This is actually a pretty awesome idea.

This is actually a pretty awesome idea.

I know right?

DCUO still has many problems but that's the one thing other mmos NEED to take from it. I like the smaller 8man raids, I don't like that we can't rerun them again for others. It really isn't that hard to just loot lock those bosses.

I know right?

DCUO still has many problems but that's the one thing other mmos NEED to take from it. I like the smaller 8man raids, I don't like that we can't rerun them again for others. It really isn't that hard to just loot lock those bosses.

Hopefully, the game will evolve to allow characters to run a raid as much as they want in any given week, with the once-a-week loot limitation in place to throttle content absorption. The DCUO method works really well, and with a little innovation on Bioware's part, I'm sure it could be fined tuned to work even better.

This thread might get more attention if the title was a little more clear. Right now, it's a little hard to read.

Edited by t_rall

Hopefully, the game will evolve to allow characters to run a raid as much as they want in any given week, with the once-a-week loot limitation in place to throttle content absorption. The DCUO method works really well, and with a little innovation on Bioware's part, I'm sure it could be fined tuned to work even better.

This thread might get more attention if the title was a little more clear. Right now, it's a little hard to read.

You might be able to start one that explains things better, I have a hard time explaining stuff.